What's new

so I charged a car battery backwards

So, the solenoid will not work either,right? And what I witnessed did not happen. Working at a shop that specialized in fox body mustangs as a mechanic and a smog repair tech, I totally forgot which direction an engine in a mustang spins, right?

Look guys. Quit searching things on the internet and try it. If I went looking for the answer I wanted to see,I could find that. But it does not change actual experience. I have more experience than you in what happens when a car is hooked to a battery backwards,with a charger on it, than either one of you. Unless you can say you have done the same, I would like to see your results.

So, the solenoid will not work either,right? And what I witnessed did not happen. Working at a shop that specialized in fox body mustangs as a mechanic and a smog repair tech, I totally forgot which direction an engine in a mustang spins, right?
solenoid will work the same, as would a pole-shoe if that's what you were looking at
the one way clutch in the bendix will not
and the helical spline the bendix rides on would make it grind impotently on the fw teeth if the sprag were siezed

solenoid will work the same, as would a pole-shoe if that's what you were looking at
the one way clutch in the bendix will not
and the helical spline the bendix rides on would make it grind impotently on the fw teeth if the sprag were siezed
And they do not fail right?but the starter will still operate. If they don't, there sure are a lot of replacements available. Again. The s
Engine was cranking backwards. The literal co.plaint was the engine cranks, but will not start. The engine, was cranking backwards. The efi system was inop. The ONLY reason I checked the battery, was the direction the engine was spinning.

So, it is silly a bunch of turkeys that weren't even there, and have obviously never witnessed the same, are trying to convince me of what I saw. Merry Christmas guys. But you need a little more experience.

But you need a little more experience.
images.jpeg

Oh. You definitely need 2 more batteries and run them in series. But of course,make sure the batteries are the same CCA. We don't want you to ruin those.

enjoy,
I guess
You are really not that credible on charging, starting systems if the first thing you do Is charge a battery reverse. I am amazed at someone that seems to "know so much" about electrical, can't quite grasp the + and the - symbols on a battery. I guess if it were installed, and the terminal clamps were blocking the symbols, ya. It does happen. You have to really yank on the cables to hook up properly. And most of the time, the positive post is away from the sheet metal potions of the vehicle. Aprons, firewall, core support.

I am not going through the thread. Were you able to save the battery? I jave noticed things that are AGM do not like that shit.

Merry Christmas 486.

I am not going through the thread.
Really I couldn't possibly have figured that out from context.
You probably should, turns out if you drink the battery juice it'll put a li'l 'lead in your pencil'
and there were wolves

and at least three different colors of electron
I liked the blue raspberry ones the best.

Really I couldn't possibly have figured that out from context.
You probably should, turns out if you drink the battery juice it'll put a li'l 'lead in your pencil'
and there were wolves

and at least three different colors of electron
First time I got nekkid involuntarily on the Rubicon was because of battery juice. The others were alcohol. Upside down battery, leaking down frame rail on a stock suburban, while trying to cut off the exhaust that got pinched in a rock and wrapped around the rear axle on the slabs. I thought it was water.

Top Back Refresh