What's new

Snowball

I drove to Houston and back and didn't see another 2nd gen Dodge.
Because they're trash that all got crushed 10yr ago. :flipoff2:

There's a reason you still see plenty of OBS F-series and GMT400s, and even the occasional F-superduty or 3500HD still at work but you never see a Dodge of the era unless it's some old man's toy.

Been driving it around, locally as a parts getter. The camper is awesome for loading up parts and forgetting about them.

Been chasing a shimmy. Best I can figure is the panhard bar. Everything else is either new or tight. $5-600 for a kit is just 'tarded. Looking at it, I dont know how the giant TRE style ever kept it in place.

Anyone run a 3rd gen bar? Suggestions on best prefab bracket? I've ran stock 3rd gens over 200k, so I dont see a problem.

Been driving it around, locally as a parts getter. The camper is awesome for loading up parts and forgetting about them.

Been chasing a shimmy. Best I can figure is the panhard bar. Everything else is either new or tight. $5-600 for a kit is just 'tarded. Looking at it, I dont know how the giant TRE style ever kept it in place.

Anyone run a 3rd gen bar? Suggestions on best prefab bracket? I've ran stock 3rd gens over 200k, so I dont see a problem.
I run a 3rd gen bar, but bought from PIG! - IE, Synergy.

Odd... if the gussets are needed, why aren't there to begin with. If they're not. Why offer them.

Did you utilize the gussets?
I didn't, not used for a 2001.

They're listed as optional. They also weld to the frame and the bracket. So have to be positioned correctly.

I ran the 3rd gen track on my old '97, I would recommend it. My truck had a mild lift (basically leveled). I used one off a Power Wagon; they're slightly longer than the standard ones and it helped compensate to keep the axle centered.

Pete

Manual seat is just a hair too tall, has me looking through the top 3rd of the windshield. I'm really slouching to get comfortable.

For $50 I pulled it, hoping electric will drop it down, or I'll modify the mounts.

Screenshot_20230103-182858_Gallery.jpg

I haven't drove it in 6 months. Noticed over the winter the heater core was leaking. Then the A/C comp is weak. Haven't found the desire to strip the interior and risk breaking a pristine '96 dash.

Good news, it fired right off this morning. Drove it around and back in the pole barn.

Top Back Refresh