What's new

Snow plows

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
I'd like to put a utv plow on my samurai for my driveway and neighborhood. It's ~65" with tires and probably a few inches wider with tracks(I'm thinking I'll probably use the tracks, but not opposed to using the tires with chains if I have to. I'm thinking a 6' blade would be perfect.

I'm thinking about just making something clamp to the front axle for the mount, already have a winch.

Brand to look for or avoid? Are they as simple as they look?

Something like this?

There is also a guy who sells diy kits, which is just basically a piece of ~14g steel with a few breaks and a cutting edge. I'd kinda like to just adapt one from a sxs/UTV though.

Feel free to use this thread for any SxS plow tech.

Not a SxS but I have a plow on my grizzly. It is a front mount plow instead of the typical mid mount style. It uses a "receiver hitch" mounted under the winch. It allows me to lift the plow almost flat with the front rack, vs the mid mounts which only can come off the ground a little bit. You could probably do a similar mount with a 2" receiver on the front. makes attaching the plow really easy, no crawling on the ground to attach to the underside mounts or in your case axle mounts.

oep519876_56766c60361c5110620f8974b526943001d335e1.jpg

images.jpeg

So I lucked out and my buddy was buying a wood stove right in the same area as the plow. He grabbed it for me. $250 and it looks barely used. I'm happy so far.

Not a SxS but I have a plow on my grizzly. It is a front mount plow instead of the typical mid mount style. It uses a "receiver hitch" mounted under the winch. It allows me to lift the plow almost flat with the front rack, vs the mid mounts which only can come off the ground a little bit. You could probably do a similar mount with a 2" receiver on the front. makes attaching the plow really easy, no crawling on the ground to attach to the underside mounts or in your case axle mounts.

Looking at it, there is no way I'll be able to come off the axle. Unless I build some huge extension deals. I like the receiver idea, so I may do that as it could make adapting it to other vehicles easier.

Top Back Refresh