What's new

snlc

jeeptj19992001

land of milk and honey
Member Number
Loc
land of milk and honey
rained here on and off today, working on client projects i have put off.
got 3 done, will finish off by tomorrow night.
have a total of 8 to be done.
lots of new Yorkers moving to the Poconos.

In. Cleaned up around the house most of the day. Going to pick up my new wheeler tomorrow.

Almost in. Deathkart is together, dont know what gear it's in, cant find neutral either. Lawn needs mowing, dog needs working, Conway needs a beer

Cracked a cold one around noon. Replaced the bulbs in my bug zapper, she is zapping away again. Got a free lawn mower running, selling tomorrow for $60. About to break out the thinking juice and make some pallet forks for the backhoe. Should be fun. I have about 7000 other things to do, but want to do this.

just doing things around the house for the ice since she is recovering from her c-section. Making T bones on the pellet grille with quartered potatoes and zucchini/yellow squash.

20200711_165900.jpg

Sold my canoe, drank a pot of coffee, replaced the light switch on the Jeep, slept. Yep loser vil

In, procrastinated but made a run to the dump. I was almost home when I realized that my daughter had fallen asleep so I drove past our town to the next on over and picked up some 2x4s, carriage bolts and nuts to build a work bench. I may work on that later if it cools off.

In. Worked on the 71 F3shitty put new belts on and magically got the AC to work. Nothing like an old beater 1 ton truck with AC, rare. Drove it a few miles out on the dirt roads to make sure it would work. It squeals when it kicks in but it takes 2 belts and I only have one I need to get an idler pulley to get the other belt on. Rode the fourwheeler to the mailbox and my Irate4x4 stickers where there so I slapped on on the jeep and decided to eat lunch around 2 and have be inside ever since.

Its too damn hot.

Rained all day so I decided to just have a do nothing day. (yea right) Walked the dogs, did a dump run, went for a few groceries, got the recycling ready for Monday. Before I knew it it was Coors time. Watched Smokey and the Bandit 1 & 2 while GF cooked for the week. I've decided we might need a Trans Am all of a sudden so looking for a suitable car and not finding much. Hope I don't find one before I sober up or I'll be in the shit once again.

In, Helped Father in law load soybeans in the seed drill to re-plant some crop damage due to deer, sprayed roundup on the driveway, fed goats, took youngest on a ride around the farm on the atv and spread some old sweet feed in front of my game camera. Sitting on the back porch in front of a fan with a cup drank and the dog enjoying the breeze.

In , did my last 12 hour shift before vacation next week , heading to Peoria ,IL. to see my nephew who I haven't seen since his mom and dad's wake in 2017, bitter sweet but I'm stoked.

In as usual on a Saturday evening

Worked on a few things inside since it got too hot to do much outside

I need to put tequila on the shopping list, margaritas sound refreshing in this heat. Until then I’ll stick with rum&cokes

Mrs cooked a bunch of jalapeño bacon, we’re doing club sandwiches for dinner so we don’t heat up the house :homer:

Rained all day so I decided to just have a do nothing day. (yea right) Walked the dogs, did a dump run, went for a few groceries, got the recycling ready for Monday. Before I knew it it was Coors time. Watched Smokey and the Bandit 1 & 2 while GF cooked for the week. I've decided we might need a Trans Am all of a sudden so looking for a suitable car and not finding much. Hope I don't find one before I sober up or I'll be in the shit once again.

https://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/d/standard-81-trans-am-turbo/7156466212.html

In. Still packing and unpacking the kiddos stuff. Hoping to get the fuel lines mostly run on the bronco tomorrow, so taking it easy tonight.

Lawless said:
. I've decided we might need a Trans Am all of a sudden so looking for a suitable car and not finding much. Hope I don't find one before I sober up or I'll be in the shit once again.

Neighbor has one sitting in his yard. It would be a project to put it nicely. Probably get it cheap since he just hauled home a new camper.

in. Lawn mowed, dog worked, deathkart in neutral but now wont start. Debating beer or a quick joyride in the wagon.

Had the house to myself for a whole 4 hours and loved every minute. Yard work, then finishing my trailer rebuild. Pulled the starter on the boat, and next cutting tube and working on my cage.

I need 2 weeks off alone to get all this shit done.

05F4E1FD-DF92-4848-9E60-7A69CE957D79.jpeg

551585FD-4C72-4E2B-BB30-4E8FB5FD354B.jpeg

In. Cleaned the carb on the latest project bike this morning. Learning paintless dent repair by fixing this tank I guess, it's going ok.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200707_184758.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.2 KB ID:	68249

Last edited:
Cool bike. My dad has a '72 rt1 mx? 360 he hill climbed with it up until the late 80s I'll try to get a pic of the dinosaur.

RT1MX is a rare one. My old man has a '74 MX360, only old bike he keeps around. This is my third old Yamaha, I've got a '73 LT3 in real sorry shape and a '70 AT1 with a shade over 900 miles on it, still has the original tires. 'Total hoard is up to 7 now in a 1 car garage.

IMG_20200707_185818.jpg

Husband and I ran some errands this morning, went out to breakfast and then came home and got to work. I got the lawn mowed and started working on mowing some ground that we've just let grow forever - between where our new shop is going and an on-going mouse problem, I'm mowing everything. It was about 95* and very, very dirty. We got the garden weeded and picked a pile of green beans, 2 kohlrabi and a giant zuchinni that I'll turn into bread tomorrow.

There's a new restaurant in a small town about 30 minutes from here - small town like, there's a gas station and not even a bar. We tried it tonight, pretty interesting place - gourmet type Italian with random everyday menu items restaurant for ridiculously cheap. Burger and fries is $3.25. I think their most expensive item was $16. Husband had an amazing brick oven pizza that he could only eat half of and I had their special which was deep fried tacos with Franks buffalo chicken dip in them.

RT1MX is a rare one. My old man has a '74 MX360, only old bike he keeps around. This is my third old Yamaha, I've got a '73 LT3 in real sorry shape and a '70 AT1 with a shade over 900 miles on it, still has the original tires. 'Total hoard is up to 7 now in a 1 car garage.

They just don’t die and it’s amazing how many stock reproduction parts are out there. :smokin:

705EB693-5F10-45FC-9B12-2D4D876DB4DD.jpeg

BD19D1B5-78AD-4D90-8FE0-64A0ED871715.jpeg

They just don’t die and it’s amazing how many stock reproduction parts are out there. :smokin:

The Hondas especially are good for repro and NOS parts. Soichiro Honda wanted anyone who bought one of his machines to be able to get parts for it as long as it was around. I've got a '72 XL250, she's a tank and leaks oil like a Harley but she's loyal.

Last edited:
In.... Cooked some shrimp out on the barbie (grilled vegetables and other goodies). Fucking temps are at 105 this afternoon; realized that I left my meds in the next town 60 miles away! Morning road trip tomorrow mornings!

20200714_100830.jpg
20200714_100841.jpg
this is the enduro frame the original broke but is still around.

Top Back Refresh