What's new

snlc

jeeptj19992001

land of milk and honey
Member Number
Loc
land of milk and honey
in
went shooting with both my boys and friend.
boys are up from north Carolina and media pa.
was lots of fun being with them.
just relaxing tonight.

In, relaxing with the wife and dog. It's hot and humid as hell out, so indoors it is tonight.

Also in. Friends came over with their boy, our boys played hard all day. Kid just got a bath and bed time for him. Probably watch a movie and be in bed early. Single dad life. :laughing:

I have 2 beers in the fridge and don't even feel like drinking them. 10 years ago me and my buddy that was over would be through a 30 pack already and heading to the store to get more. Today we went to the lake, threw rocks, and each drank a monster giving our kids apple juice. Time change :laughing:

In. Was just about to start this.

I had shit planned for today but it rained all day. Went fishing in the rain. Got nothing.

Got some huge pork chop steaks from the local butcher. Grilling and beers tonight.

In. Worked on the bronco with the wife today, see Ford section for bummer update.

Good news is when we found it and the wife saw the concern on my face her response was "how much is a new motor"

I dont think it's that bad, but dont know enough to know or not. It's a dumb motor that should only need fuel air and spark to go boom over and over...

In, sat around all day while the woman was out with her mom. Started cleaning up some wheels I bought a while back, got almost all the paint off one now that I finally got some real aircraft stripper but they're gonna take a couple hours a piece to get em right.

In. Hauled 5 loads of wheat all day each round was 100miles. So I did about 500 miles which is nothing except the fact that the idiots in Wichita decided to close both northbound main highways in Wichita so I had to run through all 1 million stop lights on 54 then I had to drive about 5 miles through the ghetto on residential streets for each load. Somehow I didnt get shot.

After 12 weeks in camp, I have five days left.

I had shit planned for today but it rained all day. Went fishing in the rain. Got nothing.

Got some huge pork chop steaks from the local butcher. Grilling and beers tonight.

My local butcher closed up. They couldn't keep up with all the regulations. Sad times. Their cuts were so good.

Today I finally finished the garden setup of 2020. The final project we did today was supposed to be a 16 ft trellis for grapes but ended up being 32 ft after the woman said "why not add another?". We used cattle fence and simple posts and it runs down the side of the driveway. The house I grew up in had a 100 yard driveway with one neighbor halfway down and they had a 50 ft grape vine running down the side so this brings back memories.

In.

My radio club set up for the 2020 field day today. All was going well when our area and tables got hit by a microburst and all the radios, power supplies and assorted other stuff went flying. So the day got stopped way short of what we wanted but nothing but equipment got hurt/damaged so it's all good.

Now I'm sitting here smoking a nice cigar and getting ready to grill a T-bone for dinner.

In. Hooked up the sickle mower to the tractor today. Found out somebody welded the pulley to the p.t.o. ,wheel that spins to move the knives hits the bracket, bracket looks bent. Trying to figure out a solution while burning a brush mountain and enjoying pork chops in cans

I wanted pan gravy tonite so I skipped the grill. I wanted something simple from my childhood but we'd do potatoes back then, all I had was rice. I love simple comfort food, 15 min meal with reasonable nutrition.

oUVRmbP.jpg

In kinda

Converted the spare bedroom/office/pantry into a office/pantry since Mrs will probably be working from home indefinitely

Tomorrow is my Monday

Sitting on the couch with a rum&coke

IN

Building a screen door out of square tube and ezpanded metal for the back of my shop, I like to let some cooler air in at night but lately have had a possum and ground squirrel who think it's cool to jam in and dig around helping themselves to whatever .

It is taking longer than I thought it would .

2 margaritas and 1 beer in

Out. Got invited to the neighbors for poker night. Might be back if none of the seven people who said they were coming dont show.

I'll let you know next week if I get Covid.

I have a few beers that have been in the fridge since before the little fire we hosted 11 / 08 / 2018.

From the brewery that burnt down in Magalia Calif.

Pics later maybe..

Dark Canyon Ale and another famous beer.

https://untappd.com/b/feather-river-brewing-co-dark-canyon-ale/170104

Also in. Friends came over with their boy, our boys played hard all day. Kid just got a bath and bed time for him. Probably watch a movie and be in bed early. Single dad life. :laughing:

I have 2 beers in the fridge and don't even feel like drinking them. 10 years ago me and my buddy that was over would be through a 30 pack already and heading to the store to get more. Today we went to the lake, threw rocks, and each drank a monster giving our kids apple juice. Time change :laughing:

Last edited:
In.
Today was a good ass day.
Husband and I went out to breakfast for the first time in a long time, probably since all of this started. Talked to an old boy having breakfast by himself and really enjoyed that conversation. People were just all around happy, positive and respectful - gave us some glimpse of hope in these weird times.

Came home and mowed, cleaned the mower, sprayed weeds while husband weeded the garden. I started what I anticipated being a small project, just washing down the siding around the front door where porch light attracts bugs/bug crap... that turned into dragging the pressure washer out and washing the front half of the house/gutters and pressure washing the entire porch and railings clean. I've got arm pump going on and another sweet tank top sun burn.

It was a beautiful evening out, we went for a drive to our local tavern for the best bacon cheeseburgers around and a couple beers. Now on the couch, cuddling with the pup and husband is snoring away. Doing more research on shop lighting and house interior ideas.

Top Back Refresh