What's new

Smudge Pot

It comes in a works as I hope and I'll probably get another couple. Snowpaclapse killed all out trees so we did something dumb and planted more.

Thanks for the order!! I can assure you, you will love that thing. I handed that one off to the UPS driver myself. They are also available on Walmart, Amazon, and Ebay if you don't like our site. My cell is 206-225-6611 if you ever need any help.

Thanks Brandon Larson

Happy Earth Day! Good job on the star!

Came home to a couple goodies today. Ironically the 20 gallon chino special oil drain I ordered last week came in today too.
20210423_165733.jpg

Slightly concerned about the condition of the box for the pot o' smudge...
20210423_165742.jpg

Looks like UPS dragged it here behind the truck.
20210423_165822.jpg

Fortunately, there didn't appear to be any damage. No pics of the assembly, but it' was pretty straight forward. It was actually heavier gauge material than I anticipated. It was pretty much fully assembled except for the top stack, top flap and the damper. And I suspect the damper was installed but got knocked off when the parachute didn't deploy after UPS air dropped it to my house. Got a little nervous that it was missing but found it in the bottom of the box. The side elbow pipe was also knocked off from the base, but it was all easy enough to assemble.

Also found some directions and a a couple koozies. Nice touch.
20210423_170134.jpg

Took a couple tries to get it lit. I only had about a gallon of mystery waste oil on hand. I just recycled about 30 gallons a couple weeks ago because I was sick of tripping over it. I was having a really hard time lighting that little bit. Then I found another couple gallons of mystery oil that the PO left when I bought the house and then cut it all with another gallon or so of diesel. Probably 4-5 gallons total. After that, it lit up much easier. Didn't take long to get red hot and 3-4' of flames shooting out the top.

20210423_210212.jpg

20210423_210218.jpg

Gonna take a bit to figure out the sweet spot on the regulator. Wasn't quite able to get "only a flicker of flame" from the top with only one hole open on the regulator, but it did seem to be burning well.
20210423_205701.jpg

Having never even seen one of these before this thread, I'm fully impressed. The crackling and puffing sounds it makes is a tad unnerving at first. :laughing: Should be awesome for parties and gatherings on cool nights.

Overall, I rate it :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2: out of :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Packaging, I rate :flipoff2::flipoff2: out of :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

SmudgePotDirect - you might want to look in to heavier boxes or at least stick some extra cardboard around the widest part of the pot to give it a little more padding when UPS launches it from their catapult.

Thanks for the order. UPS is freaking hard on those things. We are right at a weight and size threshold. We would have to raise the price by almost $30 to go to next size stronger box because of the increased shipping cost from UPS.

Mine arrived safe and sound. Looks like it'll do the job to me. Did not have time to fire it up last night as little league is ruling my time these days. Not to mention, it's already a tad warm here and I may just save up oil for later in the year.

IMG_2779.jpeg
IMG_2780.jpeg
IMG_2781.jpeg

Got mine today!
Just unboxed it and it is waaaaaay better made than I thought it would be. My box was torn in the same place as everyone , but no damage.
tring to figure out the fill cap at the moment, I think it screws on.

It pops on.
Very happy with it so far and plan on ordering a couple more for the back patio.

Last edited:
The hardest part about this product is shipping, its almost $100 a unit to ship. That does not leave a ton of room for a discount unfortunately. The $299 is 10% off from Amazon, Walmart, and Ebay though.
Need an east coast distributor? :flipoff2:

They are so shiny and pretty. Half tempted to order a fancy new one and sell my old one locally to recoup some of the cost...
I dig the patina of the old ones.

It is awesome that someone is making new units like the originals.

The hardest part about this product is shipping, its almost $100 a unit to ship. That does not leave a ton of room for a discount unfortunately. The $299 is 10% off from Amazon, Walmart, and Ebay though.
Thanks for answering, I get it though you win on some close sales and lose on the far away one's. I'll buy one sometime this year before winter for sure.

Thought I'd post my experience in this thread after winning their giveaway...

This thing was sitting next to my front door when I got home last night:smokin:

IMG_3390.jpg

IMG_3392.jpg

Ended the day today using the TIG to try and draw a little :flipoff2: on the chimney but kind of mushed the circular shape of the head. Oh well - still looks decent in person... Still over 100º with the sun setting, but couldn't help but fire it up. Pretty bitchin!! Chimney was getting over 900º according to a harbor fright laser thermometer - I'm probably the only asshole in town running a heater tonight. This thing is awesome - can't wait to run it once it gets colder out (and I will put the heat deflector deal on top at that point).

IMG_3412.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

New sticker for the tool box!

IMG_3414.jpg

Thanks for the koozies!

IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg

Thanks again for the chance, and happy 4th of July to everyone:beer::beer::usa:

Finally got it choochin' pretty hard when it ran out of fuel - I only put a half gallon of motor oil in it, if that, since it's hot AF out. Awesome product though - 5 out of 5 would buy:smokin:

Haven't heard chooch in quite a while. :smokin:

Anyway, awesome deal on the smudge pot. Love them.

His scrap laying around is a lot nicer than mine.
Our smudge pots would take forever to go out. Over the years of burning waste oil solvent diesel or whatever is flammable they filled soot. The pot should be made to come apart to be able to clean this soot out.

Do how long one of these run on say half a gallon? How little fuel can you put in and have it work?

His scrap laying around is a lot nicer than mine.
Our smudge pots would take forever to go out. Over the years of burning waste oil solvent diesel or whatever is flammable they filled soot. The pot should be made to come apart to be able to clean this soot out.
I thought about that but figured I could shop vac it out or turn the thing upside-down 🤔

100% my first thought :lmao:

Thats 2x the cost of ordering one from SPD on here.

looks cool, post vids of how well it works
Those SPD go for 300. Scrap steel here in Idaho goes for .79 cents a pound. Probably cost me more in gas and wire than steel, lol.

Top Back Refresh