What's new

Smudge Pot

Was around these things as family owned a citrus orchard back in the 1920's thru the 1970's in the goleta area near Santa Barbara.

The top tower had vents where the heat escaped the pot at the bottom was thicker metal from memory, top cap was solid and about 7-9 inches diameter.

All of your smudge pots are belong to us!!!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
I am curious how you did the vents in the side.

Isn't mine, found it on that fire pit group on Facebook. From the pics, I believe they're stamped.

I figured so. I have another guy bugging me to cnc plasma cut some smudge pots..

I was hoping to hear about 3d printed stamps...

I'd like to build one that style, so I've been saving pics. But the time it'd take me to build one that's not as nice with a grinder and a manual press, I'd probably be hours and dollars ahead to just buy one.

So I'll probably waste hours and dollars and build one not as nice.

$300

I'd like to build one that style, so I've been saving pics. But the time it'd take me to build one that's not as nice with a grinder and a manual press, I'd probably be hours and dollars ahead to just buy one.

🤣

after hanging out with my father at race camp, my new FIL has to have one. Can’t find any to buy so we’re looking at building a couple. I’m looking at stuff I can re purpose from hardware stores.

In the interest of keeping things minimally involved on the fabrication side. I’m thinking about using the bottom 1/4 of Steel barrels, fabricating removable lids, and using stove pipes.

They are around if you look in the central valley of CA. My smudge came with my house I owned in CA.

I'm sure some IBBers near Tracy could grab one for you.

Saw a "new old stock" one at a garage sale a few weeks ago, they wanted $600 for it...

$300

That site's a little sketchy, but just ordered one. We'll see if it actually comes in. It on my CC so I'll dispute it if anything seems funny.

I've been looking for one locally and anything that pops up on FB has been just a tad too far away to justify driving.

Even the rusty used ones on ebay are barely cheaper than those new after shipping.

That site's a little sketchy, but just ordered one. We'll see if it actually comes in. It on my CC so I'll dispute it if anything seems funny.

I've been looking for one locally and anything that pops up on FB has been just a tad too far away to justify driving.

Even the rusty used ones on ebay are barely cheaper than those new after shipping.

i take no responsibility for that website, its just what came up when i googled. seems strange with the name but who knows. watch your CC statements. and good luck, may the Force be with you.

So how nasty and sooty are these things when they are cooled back down? Thinking storage etc.

So how nasty and sooty are these things when they are cooled back down? Thinking storage etc.
I’m sure it depends on what you’re burning. But we’ve found them to be far cleaner than we’d have ever imagined. We’re burning synthetic gear oil in them with like 1/2 a gallon of diesel in 4 1/2 gallons of mixed synthetic oils. It burns completely smokeless and doesn’t make much soot. The worst of it is when you kill it by shutting the damper/lid on it without letting it burn out on it’s own. Then the smell of hot burnt gear oil is pretty bad. Let it cool off and it’s not bad. If you let burn completely out they don’t seem to smell bad or smoke.

At Moab a couple weeks ago there was someone having issues with one. It was rolling smoke, not burning hot and smoked everyone out with some some nasty smelling burning oil.

I'll await your results BG. The last time I ordered one from a provided link it never shipped. Fought it with the bank and got my money back but kind of a pain.

I'll await your results BG. The last time I ordered one from a provided link it never shipped. Fought it with the bank and got my money back but kind of a pain.
I use my good card for shit like this. Usually takes a single phone call to dispute and I have my $$ back in a day or two. I did get a text confirmation of my order and they claim they ship same day if ordered before 4:30 so I should know pretty quickly.

I can see them making sense in the desert but in the east? fuck that, there's a billion cords of standing dead and deadfall sitting there rotting, just punch some air holes near the bottom of a 55 gallon drum and presto, wood goes in, soak it good with your used oil and it becomes fire

I started drawling one out in cad. I’ll eventually cut it on the cnc plasma. I’m just so far behind on work right now I don’t seem to have any time for fun stuff anymore. :p.

$300

I use my good card for shit like this. Usually takes a single phone call to dispute and I have my $$ back in a day or two. I did get a text confirmation of my order and they claim they ship same day if ordered before 4:30 so I should know pretty quickly.

I forgot about this and this morning realized I never got a tracking number or shipping confirmation. I was all ready to release hell on them and then clicked the link in the order confirmation text they sent me and sure enough it showed a tracking number. 35 lbs shipped from Tempe, AZ to NC. Delivery scheduled delivery for Friday so all looks promising.

Assuming no issues, this is a pretty killer deal for a brand new one.

I forgot about this and this morning realized I never got a tracking number or shipping confirmation. I was all ready to release hell on them and then clicked the link in the order confirmation text they sent me and sure enough it showed a tracking number. 35 lbs shipped from Tempe, AZ to NC. Delivery scheduled delivery for Friday so all looks promising.

Assuming no issues, this is a pretty killer deal for a brand new one.

if you get yours without much ado, i may order one for myself. hell, they only have to get it about 1500 miles closer than the one they shipped to you.

Thanks for the order!! I can assure you, you will love that thing. I handed that one off to the UPS driver myself. They are also available on Walmart, Amazon, and Ebay if you don't like our site. My cell is 206-225-6611 if you ever need any help.

Thanks Brandon Larson

Thanks for the order!! I can assure you, you will love that thing. I handed that one off to the UPS driver myself. They are also available on Walmart, Amazon, and Ebay if you don't like our site. My cell is 206-225-6611 if you ever need any help.

Thanks Brandon Larson
Looks like the cookies and tracking bots are top notch.

No yellow star? Lol

Is this star ok?

:lmao::laughing::lmao::laughing::lmao:

Still showing tomorrow for delivery. I'm expecting the neighbors to be coming over shortly after to see what's on fire. :laughing:

I will post a review upon lift-off. :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh