What's new

Smudge Pot

So where are the DIY plans at fawkers?! Someone has to have made one of these.

So where are the DIY plans at fawkers?! Someone has to have made one of these.

giphy.gif

And how much for all? I'll come get them this weekend

I will ask but he might be happy just to see them gone ,you have to understand these have been sitting out in the weather for many years and have rust and probably have old oil and water in them so you would need to bring some old oil drums . still interested ?

I will ask but he might be happy just to see them gone ,you have to understand these have been sitting out in the weather for many years and have rust and probably have old oil and water in them so you would need to bring some old oil drums . still interested ?

Less interested but still a possability

Drop in a thread like this, say something like that and don’t gives resolution!? Like, “and he scrapped them”. Or, “and he’d sell them for $24 each if you came and grabbed “. :flipoff2::laughing:

I sent him a message i am 100% sure he wont want to mess with shipping

For those you that asked about my friends pots , he said he paid a scrapper to haul them off !

So option 1. Scrapped.
I cut one that had my friends logo in it, posted earlier in this thread. Works decently close enough to to og unit.

I was thinking more like a galvanized wash tub 18"-24" and a disk blade for the cover. Attach the disk blade by cutting notches in it so the wash tub handles go through it and then bolt tabs in the slots to hold the handles upwards. The carburetor can be a weber bbq style vent. And stove pipe for the chimney. Profit.

I'm not sure how to make louvers.

would it be safe to use one of these in a 80x100 shop with a 100ft long roof vent? the roof is 18ft high I think?

Define safe? I wouldn't but I have been to a vet clinic/barn that ran one with two 12ft garage doors open for years in the winter. Don't remember hearing of anyone dying but some griping about the smell.

photo47788.jpg
My dad bought 5 of these for $100 bucks off of Craigslist, so $20 each. We take them to races and burn our waste oil instead of packing wood around. 250w gear oil stinks but kinda like burning hard wood, the fire burns for hours longer.

At KOH some friends of ours had a battery powered leaf blower and were super charging one. They were getting 30 ft of flame out the top of on.

I did in my shop in an emergency on extremely clean single use vegetable oil. Wouldn’t want to on diesel or oil

didn't figure it would be a good idea, but never ran one so,,,,,

Top Back Refresh