What's new

SMORR

jsawduste

Old Ass
Member Number
Loc
No where to be found
Heading to SMORR is a couple weeks with the JJ group. Never been there.

Any particular trails to hit ? Rocker Knocker, V Notch, Log Jam, Rocky Road, Black Mamba ?

Looking for a mix of technical stuff and trail riding

Tons, locked and 37’s if it make a big difference.

Staying in Seymour, there is a messican restaurant there. That any good or other places to eat ?

The Jambo’s might not everyone’s style but I like being lead around and not having to think where the hell do I go now and shit. For the most part they feed you and if you break they haul your ass off the trails.

Any particular trails to hit ? Rocker Knocker, V Notch, Log Jam, Rocky Road, Black Mamba ?

Staying in Seymour, there is a messican restaurant there. That any good or other places to eat ?

The Jambo’s might not everyone’s style but I like being lead around and not having to think where the hell do I go now and shit. For the most part they feed you and if you break they haul your ass off the trails.

People and park are great. You've named all the trails, v notch and rocker knocker will dent your sheet metal.

Full disclosure, last time I was there was 10 years ago. If you have time, hit up Flat Nasty for a weekend. Another great park with great owners.

Moon in the Boonies was always one of my favorite events.

Smorr is great. They give you a map and all the trails are rated 1-6. You should be able to do everything but some 6s. Some trails are harder than they are rated for I think it's been a while since they have been labeled. For example Colt 45 is rated a 4 but if its wet I cant get up that hole midway up. Wheelbase can make a big difference there too. Brandon the owner is a good guy and the bathroom/showers are clean even though I dont use them if I tent camped I wouldn’t hesitate.

Used to go there a bunch from when it was new. I haven’t been in around four years now. They made even more improvements in the camping - hotel cabins in the last couple years. Two of the more difficult trails we used to do are closed now. They were the most extreme trails there.

I hit smorr a couple times a year. waggnoneer hill is fun. with 37's and tons you can hit copperhead, double whammy, larrys hill, rocky road, and really anything you want. Most trails are easily walkable before you commit. jeep jamborees suck you'll wheel one trail and stand around talking about the pebble they spotted you over. Those events tend more to be about the "lifestyle" than actual wheeling. If you're feeling rowdy check out a trail called cheap trick. it is always a good time.

I hit smorr a couple times a year. waggnoneer hill is fun. with 37's and tons you can hit copperhead, double whammy, larrys hill, rocky road, and really anything you want. Most trails are easily walkable before you commit. jeep jamborees suck you'll wheel one trail and stand around talking about the pebble they spotted you over. Those events tend more to be about the "lifestyle" than actual wheeling. If you're feeling rowdy check out a trail called cheap trick. it is always a good time.

Can’t argue that the JJ’s can be a PITA. Have found if you sign up for the harder trails it tends to weed out most of the traction control/hill descent folks.

Driving 12 hours to an unknown place there is comfort knowing that you’re going to have a guide that knows his way around. I Try to hit the less popular events so the day isn’t spent waiting for others.

Cheap Trick ? I’ll keep that in mind and see if it can be run. Even if it’s a rouge group. 👍👍

Last edited:
Can’t argue that the JJ’s can be a PITA. Have found if you sign up for the harder trails it tends to weed out most of the traction control/hill descent folks.

Driving 12 hours to an unknown place there is comfort knowing that you’re going to have a guide that knows his way around. I Try to hit the less popular events so the day isn’t spent waiting for others.

Cheap Trick ? I’ll keep that in mind and see if it can be run. Even if it’s a rouge group. 👍👍

Maybe a Southeast IBB wheeling extravaganza is in order?

I'd be down.

One of my favorite parks. You can pretty much hit all of the hard stuff there in a day no problem if it isn’t all traffic jams

Been there countless times. You can't go wrong with any trail there. All the 4s should be doable for you, and some 5s.

The Mexican Restaurant is good. There's a grocery store in the center of town. I haven't tried the new BBQ restaurant right on the highway yet. Other than that there's McD, Subway, and Casey's.

I understand the JJ hate. I've been to some, but they kick me out now if I'm truthful on the application. Our club is the spotters if you go to the Byrd's adventure center. We put on an event as a club to benefit local charities and their organization is something we are trying to learn from. It really is a well run event even if the wheeling can feel a bit "monitored."

I'm actually a Trail Guide for the event. We live about 40 minutes from there and go all the time. You will be VERY impressed with the park and facilities (everyone is with their first trip). Tuns, 37's & locked you will love these trails. Plenty more. The Mex place is good, so is the Rusty Spur ('family style', great breakfast...). Look me up when you arrive, Red '05 LJ on tuns & old 39 stickies, hangin out in a (old) 37' Coachman Sport Coach

I'm actually a Trail Guide for the event. We live about 40 minutes from there and go all the time. You will be VERY impressed with the park and facilities (everyone is with their first trip). Tuns, 37's & locked you will love these trails. Plenty more. The Mex place is good, so is the Rusty Spur ('family style', great breakfast...). Look me up when you arrive, Red '05 LJ on tuns & old 39 stickies, hangin out in a (old) 37' Coachman Sport Coach

ATM planning on getting into Seymour Tuesday afternoon. Will be looking for lunch/dinner on a couple of the days., Mex and Rusty Spur I’ll hit up for sure.

Will drop the trailer and YJ at the park Weds. and commute to the hotel.

Red LJ on 39 stickies hanging in a Coachman, got it.:smokin:

I'm on the FB page also.

Thanks, looking forward to meeting the”crew”.

My wife says I need supervision plus I’m old and forgetful.

A little monitoring is probably a good thing. :laughing:

If I understand your comment you are in a club that rides at SMORR regularly and does various good will events.

ill check it out. :smokin:

My wife says I need supervision plus I’m old and forgetful.

A little monitoring is probably a good thing. :laughing:

If I understand your comment you are in a club that rides at SMORR regularly and does various good will events.

ill check it out. :smokin:

Well, maybe we can both find a capable monitor!
Our local club OJT (Ozarks Jeep Thing) is one of a few 'local' jeep clubs that support/play at SMORR. And yes, we try and do some fun/good cause stuff for the local community. A 'big' one for us is our annual 'Big Run' for Big Brothers/Big Sisters where we take a 'big and a little' (sponsor & the kid) out for a day. A good friend of mine is a big and he tells me it is THE one event the kids look forward to every year.
See you soon. Safe travels!

Didn’t the town of Seymour take a hit from a tornado recently?

Well, maybe we can both find a capable monitor!
Our local club OJT (Ozarks Jeep Thing) is one of a few 'local' jeep clubs that support/play at SMORR. And yes, we try and do some fun/good cause stuff for the local community. A 'big' one for us is our annual 'Big Run' for Big Brothers/Big Sisters where we take a 'big and a little' (sponsor & the kid) out for a day. A good friend of mine is a big and he tells me it is THE one event the kids look forward to every year.
See you soon. Safe travels!

We’ll meet up and discuss this more.
Really looking forward to wheeling and this “system” you guides have in place.:eek:

Been there countless times. You can't go wrong with any trail there. All the 4s should be doable for you, and some 5s.

The Mexican Restaurant is good. There's a grocery store in the center of town. I haven't tried the new BBQ restaurant right on the highway yet. Other than that there's McD, Subway, and Casey's.

Hucklebuck is the BBQ place.
had a full rack of ribs. They were very good.
Dry rub style and meaty.

Hucklebuck is the BBQ place.
had a full rack of ribs. They were very good.
Dry rub style and meaty.

Good to know. I'll have to try it next time I'm down there. I live about 30 minutes from Seymour, so about 45 from Smorr.

Good to know. I'll have to try it next time I'm down there. I live about 30 minutes from Seymour, so about 45 from Smorr.
👍👍

Found a 2 horse power buggy on the streets.
Samuel and Jacob maybe ?

It was 86 and 70% humidity. I’m sweating like a cat in a Chinese restaurant and the locals are wearing long pants and full sleeve shirts. :laughing:

Brandon is a very nice and very passionate about his park. He has the address to HB’s on the back of the trail map. Looking forward to exploring more.

Mo, seen your club banner on the fence. I’m parked by the red gate leading to the horses.

Red LJ on 39 stickies, got it.

Last edited:
👍👍

Found a 2 horse power buggy on the streets.
Samuel and Jacob maybe ?

It was 86 and 70% humidity. I’m sweating like a cat in a Chinese restaurant and the locals are wearing long pants and full sleeve shirts. :laughing:

Brandon is a very nice and very passionate about his park. He has the address to HB’s on the back of the trail map. Looking forward to exploring more.

Mo, seen your club banner on the fence. I’m parked by the red gate leading to the horses.

Red LJ on 39 stickies, got it.

Keep the updates coming and let us know how you like the park. I'm headed there with my houston based group in two weeks. Have fun be safe!

Poser shot :flipoff2:

Will do, going to try Rusty Spurs tonight for dinner.

3083CC92-2B39-4677-B892-029B1E683C05.jpeg

Back from SMORR.
Great people, great park, great location relative to town.

Americas Finest Hotel is close to the park but given the chance would stay somewhere else. Owner guy is a bit shady and from what I gather from the locals not well liked. That said he did work with me for a partial refund but he lied about several items including the rate. A call to corporate (Red Lion) and he grudgingly agreed.

There is a lot of elevation change packed into the 930+ acres. Trails varied from easy to no way I’m trying that.

Cheap Trick, V Notch, Fern Gulley, Rocker etc. The trail maps are awesome and are printed by one helluva wheeler and his family. Trails are well marked and getting around is simple.

Rocky Creek beds with water flowing, dense woods and plenty of ledges, drop offs and climbs. You won’t be disappointed.

Was supposed to be a 3 day event. My PS pump started acting up on the first day and by lunchtime the second day was toasted. PSC had their support trailer there but I’m running an N model pump which is a dated design. Can’t complain too much as it lasted me 15 years and the serial number had it 18 years old. I loaded up and went back to the hotel. The idea was if I could get a refund on the nights I didn’t stay I’d go home. If not go back to SMORR as a passenger. As mentioned the hotel guy was a dick and he created a challenge that just couldn’t be resisted.

The JJ guides were fantastic. Our group didn’t do any pussy footing. We got right into the good stuff from the parking lot. At the start of the second day our group had dropped about in half. The others going to a lessor challenging gang. Mo Printer knows the park very very well and did a super job.

As an event there was plenty of carnage and well above average broken Jeeps for a JJ. Besides the pump a bit of rock rash on the wheels and a minor scrap on a steel fender flare.

16 hours one way. Not a hard drive but a long one.

If not for a JJ I’ll be back in 2021 as a private event attended and hopefully wheel with the same group.

if you haven’t run SMORR you should.

Top Back Refresh