What's new

Small Tire

Ovrez

Walk Away
Member Number
Loc
Gold Bar Wa.
How small of a tire can I get away with using an unshaved 14 bolt?
Have 42" Iroc now and would like to use a 37" tire, but am I going to be dragging the 14 bolt?
4x4 in the PNW
IMG_4079.JPG

^^No truer word spoken^^
Nice jeep, those bluetooth front hubs? :flipoff2:

If you want 37's, and that is truly unshaved, get under there with a grinder and grind off the bottom lip, should make up little less than half the difference of clearance loss between tires.

My buddy runs 37 km2s (measure 35" in reality) and his is shaved, but it's never been an issue. True 37s, you'll be fine.

People wheeled fullsize trucks on 31s and 33s and 35s with those axles back in the day. You'll be fine on pretty much any tire if you grow a pair

Yeah, bias are not the fun on road. Regarding your actual question, grind the pumpkin. I have the 2nd gen 14b and by buddy ground all the lower ribs and lip off for me. I still bang it off shit, but I'm not getting hung up. Basically it's a d70u now

If your running a 42 Iroc you are already running a 38.

As others said, grind that lip so it’s smooth on the bottom, that gives you another 3/4” of clearance, and run it.

So I got new wheels and tires went with rolling big power beadlocks and Cooper stt pro 37x13.5x17r.
Runs 65 down the hiway fine , have not done any balancing at all. The Iroks 42x14x17 bias were terrible to drive on the road at anything over 25.
I mounted the beadlocks with no tires first as I wanted to see how much runout there might be, the worse 1 was .020 on the machined surface.
Way easier to get into the jeep now also.

Attachments

• IMG_4254.JPG
    IMG_4254.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4260.JPG
    IMG_4260.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 21
So I got new wheels and tires went with rolling big power beadlocks and Cooper stt pro 37x13.5x17r.
Runs 65 down the hiway fine , have not done any balancing at all. The Iroks 42x14x17 bias were terrible to drive on the road at anything over 25.
I mounted the beadlocks with no tires first as I wanted to see how much runout there might be, the worse 1 was .020 on the machined surface.
Way easier to get into the jeep now also.
How close to 37 do they measure?

If your running a 42 Iroc you are already running a 38.

As others said, grind that lip so it’s smooth on the bottom, that gives you another 3/4” of clearance, and run it.
At 20psi they measure 40"
And I have a 13 bolt cover coming and will sawzall 1"min off

How close to 37 do they measure?
At 22psi they measure 36 1/2"

Top Back Refresh