What's new

TX SM420 tailshaft housing and u-joint flange

plym49.2

Sasquatch49.2
Member Number
Needed for mockup purposes so do not need to be perfect.

Watcha building? I was kind of thinking those 39s you grabbed from up this way weren't for the YJ or APV. :laughing:
Gonna put a SBC/420 into the YJ, keeping the 231. Advance and Novak have 420 to 231 adapters but they're like $600 each. I have a somewhat trashed 4l60 to 231 adapter and think I can ghetto a spud-type connector if I can mechanically connect the two together. A 420 output side casting would likely help a bunch.

The 39s will go on my square body 'someday'. Got a '76 4WD frame. Need axles and springs - figure something will cross my way some day. Will either power it with my old 4.2 from the Jeep or another SBC.

Now if the APV ever shits the bed I have fantasized about dropping the body atop the Chebby frame. Now that could use 39s LOL.

Now if the APV ever shits the bed I have fantasized about dropping the body atop the Chebby frame. Now that could use 39s LOL.

If the APV ever dies I'd be 100% in to help you build one of these.....

images.jpeg-3.jpg

:smokin:

If the APV ever dies I'd be 100% in to help you build one of these.....

images.jpeg-3.jpg

:smokin:
That's kinda what I'm thinking. APV is all plastic/fiberglass body held together with a metal spacframe. Could lower the entire shooting match onto a real 4WD frame. And I might could take you up on that offer! :beer:

Astro van is the best platform for a "mild" build of that type.

If you're going more than mild get a SWB fullsize van.

There's zero chance the APV actually dies though because $50 tires and 20+mpg can pay for a lot of engine and trans rebuilds.

Astro van is the best platform for a "mild" build of that type.

If you're going more than mild get a SWB fullsize van.

I don't have any of that and would likely never go looking for one. The Lumina is special to me - first vehicle my kids ever rode in, like that. Funny, we almost got an Astro when we bought the minivan. Because was available in 4WD and could get it in black. But we couldn't get past the driving position.

There's zero chance the APV actually dies though because $50 tires and 20+mpg can pay for a lot of engine and trans rebuilds.

Truth!

Top Back Refresh