What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

I got a PM from a guy on a Honda site I frequent a short while ago telling me to give someone a call on Monday, tell them who I am and to ask for the secret transmission tune that has been in the works. Guy is telling me it cuts the shift times in half, gives me launch control, a higher "stall speed" off the line and shifts much higher in the RPM range when in auto mode. He said it should be good for a 1 second gain overall factoring in how many times I shift a lap. :smokin:

Last edited:
Time to start spending :laughing:

I'm accepting sponsor applications, feel free to throw bags of money my way. Lots of room on my car for your name. :laughing:

It is what it is...... I'm not going to throw unwarranted money at my car just to beat one guy, I have the rest of the field covered as is. The difference between first in points and second is $250. If he wants to spend thousands to get an extra $250 at the end of the season, more power to him.

If you ain't first...

Just busting your balls man, you're doing very well. Being the underdog is always rewarding too.

My wifes 2 favorite things in one picture..... Me and sunflowers. :grinpimp:

Resized_Resized_1626826618820_82651510096751.jpeg

I'm kind of flattered that he needs to do all that to beat my redneck ass in my stock motored, fat pig Honda. :laughing: Dude isn't out driving me, he is out moneying me. If I had anything close to what his car is I'd walk all over him.
So your mad cause he's beasting you at your own game? :flipoff2: There is always going to be someone with more money. And the saying isn't 80% car 20% driver. The pits are full of those guys.

That is a cool picture.

So your mad cause he's beasting you at your own game? :flipoff2: There is always going to be someone with more money. And the saying isn't 80% car 20% driver. The pits are full of those guys.

That is a cool picture.

I'm back to him pulling me by bus lengths in the straights again. I still make up tons of time in the corners but not enough to overcome the gaps he creates on the rest of the track. It is what it is....

I talked to the guy with the top secret trans tune on Monday and will be getting it emailed to me in the next few days. He's going to play around with some of the engine tuning also while he's in there to try to gain me a few extra HP's over my current tune. I also talked to an ex Pro class driver my buddy is good friends with yesterday to set up a coaching day at the track with him. I know I have room for improvement in the driving department so between this and the new tune I'm confident I'll gain some ground on the RS-1 guy next race. If it's going to be enough remains to be seen....

The shift kit sounds exciting/promising.

I raced a couple times with a semi local SxS racer and we'd start in the back of the pack in a stock RZR and pass the entire field and end up 1st or 2nd. The one short course race we started dead last and passed 18 other modified cars and ended up in 1st. A few things I know he did was brake way later than anyone else and felt like the front end was gonna break off from the brake chatter. But it was consistently faster.

Have a couple other buddies that race a in the pro class and run a 4 cylinder mini trophy truck with a 5 speed. It's a dog and pain to shift with the 5 speed compared to the fullsize V8 rigs in the same class but last year he rolled it on the side, got it back over and was still able to get second.

Keep on the driver training!

The shift kit sounds exciting/promising.

I raced a couple times with a semi local SxS racer and we'd start in the back of the pack in a stock RZR and pass the entire field and end up 1st or 2nd. The one short course race we started dead last and passed 18 other modified cars and ended up in 1st. A few things I know he did was brake way later than anyone else and felt like the front end was gonna break off from the brake chatter. But it was consistently faster.

Have a couple other buddies that race a in the pro class and run a 4 cylinder mini trophy truck with a 5 speed. It's a dog and pain to shift with the 5 speed compared to the fullsize V8 rigs in the same class but last year he rolled it on the side, got it back over and was still able to get second.

Keep on the driver training!

If I brake any later in the corners I'm going to crash. :laughing: See the video I posted above and it will show how much further I brake than everyone else.

More on my muffler problem......

After the heat race I noticed the end cap on my passenger side muffler had blown out and all the packing was gone. I didn't have the stuff at the track to fix it properly so I smashed the endcap back in with a BFH for the main. It obviously popped back out but held me over until I could fix it properly. On Monday I emailed HMF and asked about buying 1 new muffler and haven't heard back yet. Looking around on their site and their online retailers sites I noticed that all HMF stuff seems to be on a 6-8 week backorder. I can't wait that long if that's the case.

20210717_074557.jpg

So now I'm thinking about cutting both mufflers in half in between the mounting brackets welded to the can and shortening them. Use 1/2 the packing out of the good muffler to repack the bad one, rivit both caps back on and call it good. As a bonus I'll save the weight of one whole muffler and be able to eliminate 1/2 the mounting bracket and hardware under the bed. Tell me why it's a stupid idea.... :laughing:

20210717_081328.jpg

Last edited:
Hackfuck the mufflers 'cause race car and light weight. Then pack them with new packing because it's cheap and readily available.

bdkw1 guilted me into fixing it the right way with the hackfuck comment. :laughing: I pulled the muffler off and repacked it with FMF 4 stroke packing and put more rivets in the can like suggested.

I'm about to load up and head out to the track for practice. They completely redid the track last week so I want to get out there and learn the lines before race day in 2 weeks. I'm also going to try a bunch of different suspension and tire setups to see if that gains me anything. Taking the wife to act as pit crew because I have no friends. We will see how well that goes.....

Last edited:
They will come apart agian, plenty of opportunity to hackfuck down the road. I'm not against it, just prolonging the inevitable.

Well, hackfuck it is. Take a inch off and try agian.

Is there that my vibration to tear it like that or to much pressure in the can itself blowing it apart?
Does it have an equalizer pipe between the two? Just thinking outside the box.

Badass build I went thru all 20 pages last night.

Is there that my vibration to tear it like that or to much pressure in the can itself blowing it apart?
Does it have an equalizer pipe between the two? Just thinking outside the box.

Badass build I went thru all 20 pages last night.

Thanks man!

It's not from vibration, I'm sure of that. Those cans are (were) not moving. Muffler seems to be getting stupid hot for some reason. That system has an X pipe in it so why it's not happening to both sides is what has me puzzled. Car doesn't have a lean misfire and it doesn't pop on decel as far as I can tell, I was listening for it today. I'm thinking one cylinder is leaning out and if I follow the crossover at the X it leads to the front cylinder. I'm going to pull the plugs in the morning to see what's going on. I may possibly have a bad/clogged injector or a vacuum leak below the throttle bodies. It didn't feel slow at the track today and it doesn't smoke even a little bit so whatever is wrong isn't major.....YET. I bought more packing from the store at the track and will repack the muffler again and use even more rivets. That whole system is coming off at the end of the year and a custom built 2 into 1 system will be going on for next season, so if I can squeeze 5 more races out of it I will be happy.

Thanks man!

It's not from vibration, I'm sure of that. Those cans are (were) not moving. Muffler seems to be getting stupid hot for some reason. That system has an X pipe in it so why it's not happening to both sides is what has me puzzled. Car doesn't have a lean misfire and it doesn't pop on decel as far as I can tell, I was listening for it today. I'm thinking one cylinder is leaning out and if I follow the crossover at the X it leads to the front cylinder. I'm going to pull the plugs in the morning to see what's going on. I may possibly have a bad/clogged injector or a vacuum leak below the throttle bodies. It didn't feel slow at the track today and it doesn't smoke even a little bit so whatever is wrong isn't major.....YET. I bought more packing from the store at the track and will repack the muffler again and use even more rivets. That whole system is coming off at the end of the year and a custom built 2 into 1 system will be going on for next season, so if I can squeeze 5 more races out of it I will be happy.
What about your exhaust wrap keeping all the heat until it hits the mufflers and just eating your packing and heat cycles the muffler to the extent of failure on the rivets and the ones that hold on stretch from bouncing around.

I'd try and take the exhaust wrap off after repacking the one muffler and rivet it back up and see if it does it again.

What about your exhaust wrap keeping all the heat until it hits the mufflers and just eating your packing and heat cycles the muffler to the extent of failure on the rivets and the ones that hold on stretch from bouncing around.

I'd try and take the exhaust wrap off after repacking the one muffler and rivet it back up and see if it does it again.

This only happens to one muffler and it's been the same side both times consecutively. Both sides of the exhaust are wrapped equally so I can pretty much rule that out. Drivers side muffler still looks mint. The other thing is that this issue just showed up recently. The first 5 races this wasn't an issue at all. This problem started at the last race weekend and then again today at practice. It's definitely a new problem.

Well this might explain it.....
20210809_135409.jpg

Front plug wire was arcing out in the tube. You think I would have heard or felt the misfire when it was happening.... :homer:

Last edited:
so sounds like a backfire and blew the mufflers ass right out of it.

so sounds like a backfire and blew the mufflers ass right out of it.

That's my guess. When it arcs out into the tube, that cylinder sends raw fuel out the exhaust. Once enough collects in the packing in the can and it ignites it pushes the end out.

New OEM plugs and wires are ordered.

Edit: I bet getting this ignition problem sorted is going to net me a few lost ponies. :smokin:

well now you dont have to hackfuck the muffler if this is the problem and like you said its only the one side doing it. you going to pull muller off and weld the rivet hole up and redrill so there tight or just rivet it back up and hope for the best.

well now you dont have to hackfuck the muffler if this is the problem and like you said its only the one side doing it. you going to pull muller off and weld the rivet hole up and redrill so there tight or just rivet it back up and hope for the best.

No way to weld it here. I'm going to try to clock the cap so I can drill all new holes in the can and then use a retarded amount of rivets in the new and old holes. If it's in 2 pieces after the next race both mufflers are getting hackfucked into shorties.

I also removed the factory "pcv" system between the valve cover and airbox and then rerouted it to a vented catch tank. I've been wanting to do this for a while but put it off..... because lazy. I'm sure my engine will be happier not sucking in hot dirty air from the crankcase. While I was at it I wrapped my fuel line with heat shield to give it an extra layer of protection from the engine heat.

20210819_213136.jpg

20210819_221530.jpg

20210819_213155.jpg

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh