What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

Came home from my work trip last night and found the titanium lug nuts i ordered waiting for me. Grabbed my wifes food scale and headed out to the trailer to see how much weight I saved.....

20210604_211503.jpg

-16 stock lug nuts weigh 1.102 pounds

-16 titanium lug nuts weigh .609 pounds

:smokin:

Still waiting on the wheels. I expect them to ship sometime next week. Hopefully.....

And to be clear, I’m thinking of taking the points of the raised blocks that are pointing towards each other, not just taking all the material out of one set of tread blocks, so taking equally the tips of the points off both sides of the depression. Make sense?

edit: stupid auto correcting of the board won’t let me put the symbols where they need to be. 🌈

I get what your saying. I ordered a #8 (1/2") head and blades for my groover last night to get that done.

Well this is sort of a kick in the dick........

Screenshot_20210607-213352_Samsung Internet.jpg

The company I ordered my wheels from burnt to the ground last week. No ultra light wheels for SLOWPOKE...... 😢

God dammit, they pulled an MRT!

Starting to think a fire is a good way to get rid of the under performing part of the business.

Pro tip: run Maxxis and racelines for the contingency money. You’ll make your money back in a couple races.

Pro tip: run Maxxis and racelines for the contingency money. You’ll make your money back in a couple races.
Racelines are heavy and don't come in the width I want. And Maxxis doesn't have any SC-1's to sell me. I'm not intrested in running any of their other tires.

I'm going to wait for the call from Keizer and see what my options are. If the wheels take another several weeks to a month to deliver I'm OK with that. Several months and I'll probably cancel the order and buy the rest of the parts I need to build my motor.

Who cares. Making money is making money. That’s what I’m quickly realizing that I’ve been leaving all kinds of money on the table not running Maxxis and racelines, it’s literally 500 bucks per company if you win and have at least 5 competitors. So if you win overall you’d walk with a grand per race plus holeshot $ if you get that not even counting purse. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ I don’t think raceline wheel weights will hold you back any and supposedly Maxxis might be coming to the next round

Back at Texplex today for Round 5 of the series...

Went out for the first heat, got a horrible start and had to drive around most of the pack on lap one to catch the leader. Caught him midway on lap 2 and pulled a hail Mary pass in one of the corners out back. The car was either sticking and putting me out front or I was going to crash HARD......

Screenshot_20210619-112129_Samsung Internet.jpg

I managed to pull it off and won my heat. :smokin:

Feels weird with these skinny Hoosiers on it compared to the wide ones I normally run, but it's still drivable. tribal4krawler sold me a set of the wide Hoosiers last night at the track and I got them mounted up before bed but no grooves yet so I stuck with the skinnys for this round. I'll find out if that was a wise decision in a little while when I go out for the feature. To be continued.....

If you don't get a flat, a beadlock isn't necessary. Plus less weight......

Sombody was looking out for me today....... Walked by my car after the race and noticed this slight problem on the right rear.:eek:

20210619_204212.jpg

I managed to push the tire off the bead without loosing any air! I will NEVER EVER race without my beadlocks again.

Who’s in a position to jig up and start making 3 piece carbon fiber bead locks? We need 14” carbon wheels built like hummer wheels. The closer to the center of the wheel the weight is the less of a fly wheel effect.

Who’s in a position to jig up and start making 3 piece carbon fiber bead locks? We need 14” carbon wheels built like hummer wheels. The closer to the center of the wheel the weight is the less of a fly wheel effect.
I know bdkw1 said he could make the molds for them but needed a vacuum table to make wheels? One of my best friends in Rhode Island builds fiberglass race car bodies and makes his own plastic bumper covers with a vacuum table. Maybe we could hook those two guys up together to get something made?

I'd like 15 x 8's for my setup. Hoosier doesn't make tires I could use in 14" sizes.

Who makes billet wide 5 adapters that can be custom ordered with a SxS lug pattern?

I know bdkw1 said he could make the molds for them but needed a vacuum table to make wheels? One of my best friends in Rhode Island builds fiberglass race car bodies and makes his own plastic bumper covers with a vacuum table. Maybe we could hook those two guys up together to get something made?

I'd like 15 x 8's for my setup. Hoosier doesn't make tires I could use in 14" sizes.

Who makes billet wide 5 adapters that can be custom ordered with a SxS lug pattern?
Oh I thought you we’re running 14’s. My bad. Back when dad ran MRT carbon fiber wheels he ran “real wheels” custom centers. I don’t know if they do SXS lug pattern yet but I bet you could get them as blanks and have them machined to the correct pattern

Back in the 90’s you could order just the centers from this type of wheel. Might still be able to, Real is sweet company.

Real has 4 x 110 wide 5 adapters. I'm sure they could make me a set of 4 x 137 adapters. At that point I could run Weld aluminum 15 x 8 single beadlock dirt track wheels.

I need to call Keizer Wheel today to find out what's going on with the wheels I ordered. If I'm definitely not getting them I may go the Real Wheel wide 5 route if I can get the correct adapter.

Cat37-wide_5_adapter.jpg

Top Back Refresh