What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself with a golfcart!

SLOWPOKE693

🖕TROUBLES🖕
race
Member Number
I got a PM from a guy on a Honda site I frequent a short while ago telling me to give someone a call on Monday, tell them who I am and to ask for the secret transmission tune that has been in the works. Guy is telling me it cuts the shift times in half, gives me launch control, a higher "stall speed" off the line and shifts much higher in the RPM range when in auto mode. He said it should be good for a 1 second gain overall factoring in how many times I shift a lap. :smokin:

Last edited:

SLOWPOKE693

🖕TROUBLES🖕
race
Member Number
Time to start spending :laughing:

I'm accepting sponsor applications, feel free to throw bags of money my way. Lots of room on my car for your name. :laughing:

It is what it is...... I'm not going to throw unwarranted money at my car just to beat one guy, I have the rest of the field covered as is. The difference between first in points and second is $250. If he wants to spend thousands to get an extra $250 at the end of the season, more power to him.

Bebop

Member Number
If you ain't first...

Just busting your balls man, you're doing very well. Being the underdog is always rewarding too.

SLOWPOKE693

🖕TROUBLES🖕
race
Member Number
My wifes 2 favorite things in one picture..... Me and sunflowers. :grinpimp:

Resized_Resized_1626826618820_82651510096751.jpeg

Weasel

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I'm kind of flattered that he needs to do all that to beat my redneck ass in my stock motored, fat pig Honda. :laughing: Dude isn't out driving me, he is out moneying me. If I had anything close to what his car is I'd walk all over him.
So your mad cause he's beasting you at your own game? :flipoff2: There is always going to be someone with more money. And the saying isn't 80% car 20% driver. The pits are full of those guys.

That is a cool picture.

SLOWPOKE693

🖕TROUBLES🖕
race
Member Number
So your mad cause he's beasting you at your own game? :flipoff2: There is always going to be someone with more money. And the saying isn't 80% car 20% driver. The pits are full of those guys.

That is a cool picture.

I'm back to him pulling me by bus lengths in the straights again. I still make up tons of time in the corners but not enough to overcome the gaps he creates on the rest of the track. It is what it is....

I talked to the guy with the top secret trans tune on Monday and will be getting it emailed to me in the next few days. He's going to play around with some of the engine tuning also while he's in there to try to gain me a few extra HP's over my current tune. I also talked to an ex Pro class driver my buddy is good friends with yesterday to set up a coaching day at the track with him. I know I have room for improvement in the driving department so between this and the new tune I'm confident I'll gain some ground on the RS-1 guy next race. If it's going to be enough remains to be seen....

Weasel

Red Skull Member
Member Number
The shift kit sounds exciting/promising.

I raced a couple times with a semi local SxS racer and we'd start in the back of the pack in a stock RZR and pass the entire field and end up 1st or 2nd. The one short course race we started dead last and passed 18 other modified cars and ended up in 1st. A few things I know he did was brake way later than anyone else and felt like the front end was gonna break off from the brake chatter. But it was consistently faster.

Have a couple other buddies that race a in the pro class and run a 4 cylinder mini trophy truck with a 5 speed. It's a dog and pain to shift with the 5 speed compared to the fullsize V8 rigs in the same class but last year he rolled it on the side, got it back over and was still able to get second.

Keep on the driver training!

SLOWPOKE693

🖕TROUBLES🖕
race
Member Number
The shift kit sounds exciting/promising.

I raced a couple times with a semi local SxS racer and we'd start in the back of the pack in a stock RZR and pass the entire field and end up 1st or 2nd. The one short course race we started dead last and passed 18 other modified cars and ended up in 1st. A few things I know he did was brake way later than anyone else and felt like the front end was gonna break off from the brake chatter. But it was consistently faster.

Have a couple other buddies that race a in the pro class and run a 4 cylinder mini trophy truck with a 5 speed. It's a dog and pain to shift with the 5 speed compared to the fullsize V8 rigs in the same class but last year he rolled it on the side, got it back over and was still able to get second.

Keep on the driver training!

If I brake any later in the corners I'm going to crash. :laughing: See the video I posted above and it will show how much further I brake than everyone else.

IH Parts America - CPT Crawler Proven Technology

Register and these ads Disappear!