What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

Next up was window nets. In keeping with the race legal theme I went with some Team Tech SFI approved string window nets and used Smileys Racing Products installation kits....

20200509_230358.jpg
20200509_230421.jpg
20200503_225647.jpg

Last edited:
Have you received a recall notice yet? There is a very small number of them that can roll in park.

Didn't get the notice but I saw the recall on a SxS site. I used my bore scope to confirm the spacer in question is indeed there.

I'm pretty sure I completely voided the warranty by cutting this thing up 3 weeks after buying it. I was glad to see the spacer in the transmission! It would have sucked to have to pull it all apart myself to do something that would have been free otherwise. :laughing:

Didn't get the notice but I saw the recall on a SxS site. I used my bore scope to confirm the spacer in question is indeed there.

I'm pretty sure I completely voided the warranty by cutting this thing up 3 weeks after buying it. I was glad to see the spacer in the transmission! It would have sucked to have to pull it all apart myself to do something that would have been free otherwise. :laughing:

We haven't seen any missing on Talons or Pioneers, they must have had a lazy jackass working a couple shifts. :laughing:

Here’s this build! :smokin:

Where did you order that window net from? I need some bad for my X4 and no one makes them specifically for it.

Having trouble posting the Pic, but my buddy just sent me a Pic of a talon x4 with the rear cage folded down below the tops of the seats. ​​​​​​
I thought the stock cage looked better than the rzr's, they used 2" but did they use fucking 0.035 wall? Have you cut your stock one to see how thick it is?

Having trouble posting the Pic, but my buddy just sent me a Pic of a talon x4 with the rear cage folded down below the tops of the seats. ​​​​​​
I thought the stock cage looked better than the rzr's, they used 2" but did they use fucking 0.035 wall? Have you cut your stock one to see how thick it is?

I cut it up the other night and stuffed it in the metal bin without looking at it good. I was happy to be rid of it! :laughing: Ill check tomorrow and report back with some better info. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was scary thin. I used .063 tubing for some of the bracing and its still thicker than the stock cage by a decent amount.. :eek:

My whole 2 seat cage weighed less than a 20' stick of .095 1-3/4 tube. I bet I could literally throw it over my service truck the fucking thing was so light.

Last edited:
I cut it up the other night and stuffed it in the metal bin without looking at it good. I was happy to be rid of it! :laughing: Ill check tomorrow and report back with some better info. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was scary thin. I used .063 tubing for some of the bracing and its still thicker than the stock cage by a decent amount.. :eek:

My whole 2 seat cage weighed less than a 20' stick of .095 1-3/4 tube. I bet I could literally throw it over my service truck the fucking thing was so light.

Ya, I thought honda did good using 2" after badly crushing the lower tubes brushing them on rocks I started to wonder.

My phone is being lame, I can't get the Pic to download from the text.

Basically picture the c pillars cross bar even with the rear seat harness holes. :eek:

I'm so over my pos, i could go on for hours on shit that they did wrong.

Screenshot_20200630-180142.png
Even a regular vehicle structure won't crush like that, that's absolutely unacceptable in something that goes over 25 mph, much less 75.

These SxS companies are going to get themselves sued out of existence if they don't change something soon. For how fast they go stock, and what they cost new, its completely unacceptable for them to be built like that.

Edit: Post that picture in the cage fail thread.

What does a stock turbo s or rzr pro go? 90?

The rzr cage design is terrible, but I'm guessing they use thicker than 00000030

I honestly have no idea. This is the first golf cart I've ever been around. That Can Am cage that was folded up in the other thread was not confidence inspiring either. Judging by the picture all that thing did was flop over backwards off the rocks that were in front of it. WTF happens if it rolls doing 60???

I don't know, it's sad that they can't make a cage that's stronger than a 90s truck or suv cab.

I've seen plenty of rolled 2nd and 3rd gen 4runners, even at high way speeds and although they were obviously totalled. They were mostly still the shape they were supposed to be.

I never thought 095 would be considered a huge upgrade in strength when talking roll cages.

I don't know, it's sad that they can't make a cage that's stronger than a 90s truck or suv cab.

I've seen plenty of rolled 2nd and 3rd gen 4runners, even at high way speeds and although they were obviously totalled. They were mostly still the shape they were supposed to be.

I never thought 095 would be considered a huge upgrade in strength when talking roll cages.

Its good enough for Nascar cup cars that go 200mph. Its definitely going to be good enough for my 1600lb SxS. Using .120 wall tubing on one of these is retarded IMO if the cage is designed correctly.

Its good enough for Nascar cup cars that go 200mph. Its definitely going to be good enough for my 1600lb SxS. Using .120 wall tubing on one of these is retarded IMO if the cage is designed correctly.

Nascar and rally are a little different since they go totally bonkers with bracing and are probably chromo.

I just picked up some 095 1 3/4 for my little samurai. I plan on an old school type cage for now, going off the stock roll bar.

Nascar is .095 DOM tube, no cromo allowed. Cars weigh roughly 3100 race ready. There is alot less bracing in a cup cage that you would think.

This is a current cup car chassis:

2017-Chassis-NASCAR.jpg

Anyway, sorry for the huge derail. :flipoff2:

What are the speeds of the track you'll be at?

Since honda made low stupid tall will you be racing in low of the track doesn't have enough room to break 55?

Anyway, sorry for the huge derail. :flipoff2:

What are the speeds of the track you'll be at?

Since honda made low stupid tall will you be racing in low of the track doesn't have enough room to break 55?

Im 99% sure ill never use low. Track is between 4 and 6 miles long depending on the configuration. You can definitely go faster than 55 there. :smokin:

They are quick out of the hole with the stock 28s, 32s were very noticeably more sluggish.

Plans for turbo?

No turbo, but lots of engine mods and lightening happening. I want to race in the N/A classes. Armature N/A for the rest of this season and hopefully Pro N/A next season so I can win some real money.

The brothers (Miller) that are fully sponsored by Can Am and finished 1st and 2nd at the KOH UTV race this year, live near me and race at that track in the Pro Turbo class. Everyone else that shows up to race that class is going for 3rd place at best. :laughing: I can't afford to compete with them, thats for sure!

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming..... :laughing:

Next on my list of to do's was a new exhaust. Stock one no longer fit with my new rear frame section and was heavy as fuck! I purchased an HMF exhaust. In trying to keep this thing as light as possible, I removed all the old exhaust heat shields, the mounts for them along with the exhaust mounts from the frame when i took out all the old stuff. Overall it ended up 18lbs lighter than stock. :smokin:

I also made new, much lighter muffler mounts than what came in the kit and got the exhaust installed....

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200505_202346.jpg Views:	0 Size:	234.8 KB ID:	63530
Click image for larger version  Name:	20200505_202316.jpg Views:	0 Size:	263.3 KB ID:	63531
Click image for larger version  Name:	20200505_202346.jpg Views:	0 Size:	234.8 KB ID:	63530

Last edited:
I wanted to retain the stock aluminum bumpers because they are stupid light, so after I got the exhaust mounted I welded a few tabs to the chassis and got that remounted....

20200509_230442.jpg

Top Back Refresh