What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

Yes. But not for this market. I'm not convinced CF will make it beyond the first rock impact.
The MRT ones would. I have personally run a flat in whiskey throttle mode for 50ish miles one night. Rim survived, the tire did not.

but needed a vacuum table to make wheels?

No, you would need a large injection molding machine.

Wheel needs to be a 2 piece wheel, the aluminum face and beadlock ring are all one piece. The CF hoop would have a flange to sandwich the outer lip and bolt to the face plate. I drew up some wheels like this for a guy 10? years ago kinda sorta loosly based off a Hutchison. Then Rubby made the exact same thing and claimed he had come up with the design all by his self. :lmao:

851A1384.jpeg.jpg

851A9178.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
I just noticed that in the second picture I posted above it looks like the LR tire is trying to pull off the bead. 😲 No more running without beadlocks!

Looks to me that you need more camber gain and to quit running on the sidewall. When you quit trying to drive on the sidewall you don't need beadlocks. :flipoff2:
If it would be possible to make that happen where the tire keeps entire contact patch on the ground that definitely sounds better, bead locks or not. more power put to the ground.

Looks to me that you need more camber gain and to quit running on the sidewall. When you quit trying to drive on the sidewall you don't need beadlocks. :flipoff2:

Trust me, I know but I can't change the factory suspension mounting locations. Damn rules... Cambering in the tires more than they are now results in shitty forward bite due to the decreased contact patch when the car is not pitched over. I can get it to turn hard enough to bicycle it on those sidewalls so do I really need more traction in that situation?

I'm not really a fan of these narrow Hoosiers and will have the wide tires and beadlocks back on the car for the next round.

Trust me, I know but I can't change the factory suspension mounting locations. Damn rules... Cambering in the tires more than they are now results in shitty forward bite due to the decreased contact patch when the car is not pitched over. I can get it to turn hard enough to bicycle it on those sidewalls so do I really need more traction in that situation?

I'm not really a fan of these narrow Hoosiers and will have the wide tires and beadlocks back on the car for the next round.
Maybe wide tires with beadlocks on rear and leave the lighter fronts? Best of both worlds?

Another thing of note that's been going on in the background.... I've been contact with a race engine builder up in Missouri and talked with him several times in the last few weeks about getting a big boy motor built over the winter to run in the Pro N/A class next year. If what he is telling me is anywhere near accurate (He's sort of famous in the race engine world so I can't not believe him) there is no doubt in my mind I'll be a front runner in that class next season.

Another thing of note that's been going on in the background.... I've been contact with a race engine builder up in Missouri and talked with him several times in the last few weeks about getting a big boy motor built over the winter to run in the Pro N/A class next year. If what he is telling me is anywhere near accurate (He's sort of famous in the race engine world so I can't not believe him) there is no doubt in my mind I'll be a front runner in that class next season.
Can you update your suspension pick up points for that :flipoff2:

yes :flipoff2: more corner speed you can carry is better.

I understand on the suspension points.

Nothing really new to report, just (im)patiently waiting for the next race in 2 weeks. I grooved up the 4 Hoosiers that tribal4krawler sold me at the last race, gave the car a once over to make sure nothing is going to fall off, changed all the steering heims and gave it an alignment. I'll most likely go to the track and practice this weekend if the weather cooperates.

In other news... Ordered a rooftop A/C unit for my race trailer. Got a smokin 4th of July deal and free shipping to boot so I couldn't pass it up. Tracking says it will be here tomorrow so I'm hoping to get it installed Friday after work so I can be cool at the track this weekend. Trailer is pre-wired and the roof is braced for it already so the swap from crank vent to A/C unit should be easy peasy. :smokin:

Back in the 90’s you could order just the centers from this type of wheel. Might still be able to, Real is sweet company.

I spoke with the guys at Real Wheel. They can make me a set of their Pro 6 wheels with the 4x137 bolt pattern I need in any size I want. 15x8's are 14lbs each with beadlock and bolts. They are extremely pricey though...... I'm going to have to think about it more before I pull the trigger on that purchase.

I spoke with the guys at Real Wheel. They can make me a set of their Pro 6 wheels with the 4x137 bolt pattern I need in any size I want. 15x8's are 14lbs each with beadlock and bolts. They are extremely pricey though...... I'm going to have to think about it more before I pull the trigger on that purchase.
That’s awesome news ( love Real Wheel as a company). I’m not familiar with what’s light. Is 14 pounds pretty good?

I’m not familiar with what’s light. Is 14 pounds pretty good?

Ya, it's very good, my cast 15x8 beadlocks are 19lbs each. The Keizers I had ordered were supposed to be 13.5lbs each, but if you can't get them I guess it doesn't matter. Real uses steel inserts for the lug holes for durability reasons and Keizer doesn't so I assume that is where the 1/2lb difference per wheel comes in.

The guy I spoke with at Real Wheels was super helpful! I originally called inquiring about wide 5 adapters with a 4x137 bolt pattern and once I explained what I'm doing with them he suggested the Pro 6 wheel to save the weight of having extra lugs and studs with the wide 5 adapter and to avoid having to have odd offset wheels made for them due to the adapters having a 1.5" offset themselves. I also like the wheel centers that Real offers better than the Keizers. I can get the modular or vintage centers at no additional cost. :smokin:

No practice for me this weekend....... I have to leave for Chaparral, NM in the morning for work and won't be back until Friday so today is racecar prep and trailer packing day. Hopefully I don't forget anything!!

Back at the track today for Round 6 at Texplex! :smokin:

Car is running good but my right muffler can decided it wanted to start coming apart. Packing is gone and the riveted on end cap is blowing off. I smashed it back on with a hammer. No idea what's going on but I'm not stopping until the engine blows up......

20210717_074557.jpg

Today was alot more fun and ALOT less stressful than earlier races. Everyone drove clean and nobody, including myself wanted to fight anyone after the race was over. :laughing:

Pic of me and my buddy Terry fucking off up on the podium after the main...

Resized_20210717_162340~2_1240622618921529.jpeg

Is that RS1 just faster enough to get a hole shot on you and then you can’t quite get around him after that?

Is that RS1 just faster enough to get a hole shot on you and then you can’t quite get around him after that?

There is alot more to it. Guy did a ton more motor work after I beat him the first time a few races ago, his car is loaded with carbon fiber and titanium parts so it's light as a feather, he gets help and unobtanium parts from a Polaris factory team (Collin Truitt) and is at the track practicing a few times a week.

I'm kind of flattered that he needs to do all that to beat my redneck ass in my stock motored, fat pig Honda. :laughing: Dude isn't out driving me, he is out moneying me. If I had anything close to what his car is I'd walk all over him.

Top Back Refresh