What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

Who does that for someone that's going to potentially beat you? Honestly, I probably wouldn't..... Guy is A-OK in my book.

Even back in the WE-Rock days, it wasn't uncommon for competitors to share u-joints/axleshafts/etc to get you back on course. I don't want to beat you because you left the spare joint in your garage, I want to beat you because I drove better. It's much more satisfying that way :grinpimp:

Even back in the WE-Rock days, it wasn't uncommon for competitors to share u-joints/axleshafts/etc to get you back on course. I don't want to beat you because you left the spare joint in your garage, I want to beat you because I drove better. It's much more satisfying that way :grinpimp:
This was different. If I ran a similar SxS and one of my competitors needed a spare part I had in the trailer to make the race, I'd loan it out in a second. Giving one of them a ride around the track in the morning to show them the newish section before we race isn't something I'd normally do.

Damn Texas people are to friendly. Back home in New England everyone has an attitude problem and thinks the world revolves around them only, so they are easy to dislike. Not so much here, and I'm not complaining. I don't miss that shit one bit. :laughing:

We talked about going up to OK Memorial day weekend and stealing all the prize money in the Vet 40+ class while we were up on the podium.

Last edited:
Did you race this weekend?
Last Sunday. 3rd in my heat race and 1st in the main. :smokin:

Resized_20210418_173417.jpg

There is a short video on the previous page showing the gap myself and the 04 had on 3rd place on the previous page of this thread. I'd link the posts but I'm not that smart. :laughing:

Last edited:
Camping at the track tonight. Wife, the pups and I walked the track earlier. They changed one section but other than that it's the same. I'm excited for tomorrow. :smokin:

20210507_191853.jpg
20210507_194306.jpg
a

If anybody wants to follow along, here is a YouTube link to the live feed at Texplex. I think if you rewind it you can see my heat race. It was race 4.

Well, things didn't work out so good in the main. Lined up for the start of the race and one of the back markers in the class lines up on the inside of myself and the 04. We were in the two lanes that go straight to the first turn. The back markers lane runs straight into the berm and literally nobody in any class lines up there. It's a dead end....... Green flag drops and we all head towards turn one. The back marker shoves the 04 into the side of my car and proceeded to shove both of us into the cars to our left. I had to lift to avoid getting wrecked and came out of turn one in 4th. Guy in the #04 car grabs the lead and takes off. Myself and another fast guy get stuck directly behind the back marker. This fuckstick proceeded to block the shit out of both of us while running 10 seconds slower laps than the leader. My patience (The pin fell the fuck out!) ran out on lap 2 when I was going to pass on the outside of a left hand corner and the back marker decided to drive from the inside line into my driver's door. I drove that fuckstick directly into the inside berm in the corner..... That move solved that problem. :flipoff2: Now I'm on a mission to catch the leader who was nowhere in sight. For the next 2.5 laps I drove my car on the ragged edge of crashing and managed to catch up with the leader on the last lap, but not in time to pass him for the win. :frown:

Needless to say I wasn't a happy camper when I got to the podium to collect my 2nd place trophy. Fastes car in my class by over a second all day and I end up first loser again......... WTF!

Back marker that was blocking everyone ends up finishing 7th running 3min lap times to our 2.50sec lap times. He hit every car that passed him on their way by his slow ass. :shaking:

Myself and the fuckstick had a little chat after the race. It got a little heated when he told me it's his job as a racer to block people to hold his position. I politely told him that his job as a racer is to be the leader or catch the leader, not block everyone faster than him. I also may have mentioned that if it happened again and it's not the last lap, where blocking to hold position is acceptable, (this shit is in the rules) I'm going to send him for a ride over the wall he will never forget. :evil:

So, second place again........
Resized_20210508_144542_629633387926686.jpg

Wife has a couple good videos and pictures from the race. I'll see if I can get the videos downloaded in a little while so I can post them here.

That's fucking awesome !
You're killing it !

Edit : We posted at the same time. Just saw the last post. 2nd isn't bad given the circumstances.

Still a good performance! 🔥

Those who run the block game don’t usually last long. They end up more tore up for slower lap times.

Awesome pictures.

Looks like you found the pro photog at the races. No matter where you go or what you race, there's always at least one.

There was always a couple photogs when I used to race motocross. I would buy the pictures of me cause thay always looked like I was fast..................even when I knew I got lapped by 8th place.

Congrats Chris, Sorry about the problems with the other guy but that comes with it, be it horses, cars, wheelchairs etc, there is always that ASSHOLE out there. But you overcame to the best of your ability. And he will get his in due time. You are on track to have a great season. Wish I could have been there but had kids shooting all weekend. I'll be back out there soon. Tell you wife I said hello.

It's been a while since I updated the thread but I'm still at it. Next race is in 3 weeks and I want to win.......

Ordered up a set of Keizer Racing Wheels 15x8 beadlocks to take some unsprung and rotating weight out of the car. New wheels are 13.5lbs each vs my almost 19lb wheels that are currently on it. Taking 22lbs of unsprung and rotating weight out of the car should help out a decent amount.

images.jpeg-1.jpg

And if your going to go retard, may as well go full retard, so I ordered up a set of titanium lug nuts also. :laughing:

17MM_Head_02bdeaa4-caa8-484c-853e-f1f91df28f7c_1080x.jpg

I'm also thinking about pulling all 4 brake rotors off and drilling the holes in them bigger to remove even more weight. If I can pull an addition pound of weight out of the equation I'll be happy.

My ultimate goal is to get a set of rotors made that look similar to these.

I'd want something like this on the front...

wil-160-0495_xl.jpg

And a pair of these bad boys for the rear...

wilwood-160-10475-p01.jpg

Drilling the rotors also helps with bite in my experience (less friction area).
Also makes it easier for them to fill with mud and eat pads quickly.

Nice looking parts and as light as a SXS is on a percentage basis I bet it makes an enormous difference.

I wish MRT was still around making carbon fiber wheels. 30 years ago dad was running 15”x15” carbon fiber beadlock wheels that weighed 1/2 what an aluminum beadlock wheel weighed. Best application I see them working in now would be SXS’s. They were the hot shit for sand rails, late models and other light racing vehicles. Not sure why they were discontinued but they’ve been out of production for a long time.

Nice looking parts and as light as a SXS is on a percentage basis I bet it makes an enormous difference.

I wish MRT was still around making carbon fiber wheels. 30 years ago dad was running 15”x15” carbon fiber beadlock wheels that weighed 1/2 what an aluminum beadlock wheel weighed. Best application I see them working in now would be SXS’s. They were the hot shit for sand rails, late models and other light racing vehicles. Not sure why they were discontinued but they’ve been out of production for a long time.

Hyper (Hiper?) Wheel used to make carbon fiber atv and pit bike wheels. I had a pair on a crf50 pitbike. Those wheels were stupid light and took some serious abuse. When I started searching for light weight wheels first thing I Googled was Hyper Wheel and couldn't find anything at all. Maybe it was the old MRT?

I think sombody needs to get back into the carbon fiber wheel business. I'm sure there are lots of applications where a carbon fiber wheel would be preferred over spun aluminum. Maybe not....

Top Back Refresh