What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

Maybe the bias tires are different?

Heat cycles causing the tire to harden sounds like the manufacturer playing games to sell tires :laughing:

It's certainly legit for race slicks. I'm an F1 fan so I'll use them as an example. Their soft compound tyres are normally good for around 10 laps from new, but if they start the race on the set they qualified on they'll typically get an extra 5 laps or so + the 3 laps they do for quali out of them due the the quali heat cycle (warm up lap - hot lap - cool down lap).

IIRC It's to do with how they cure the stickies. Race temps are hotter than the cure temp which effectively "post cures" the tyre making the rubber harder. To get the rubber to soften like a new one you'd have to get the tyre temps even hotter again which may not even be possible on the car.

So, weather this week is sucking balls. It was decent Monday and most of Tuesday but started to rain last night and into today. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and Friday also, so more than likely the track is going to be a slippery sloppy mess on Saturday morning. I think I want to put my mud tires on and skip the Hoosiers but have a dilemma. Do I run 4 of the wide (rear) ones, 4 narrow (front) ones or staggered like it comes stock? I have 2 sets of stock wheels/tires so any of these combos are possible. Hmmmmmmm......

Track postponed round 3 until Sunday. Apparently they got a monsoon over that way yesterday/last night and it's going to take a couple days to dry out and get the track back in shape.

Wife and I were just talking about racing and she suggested we drive up to Mid America Outdoors in OK for round 3 & 4 of their SxS series Memorial day weekend after I casually mentioned wanting to race there.... 😁

Poke and Bebop, you guys should come to this one if you don't have plans already. 2 rounds of racing in 2 days shoud be pretty fawkin sweet and they are also having bouncers and mega trucks. :smokin:

FYI..... Camping spots go on sale April 26th at 1pm. I presume they will go fast.

Is that the invite only race series?

You proposing we watch or race?

Hell, I could probably borrow a bouncer if I asked and run that for old times last... my last run caused me some internal medical issues, might as well get back on the horse

I hit upside down so hard it forced urine to flow backwards through my system. So on top of the concussion confusion and headaches my belly was hurting for a few weeks.

I’m about to climb in my car for a second test n tune day.... I’m done reminiscing about hurting myself... ‘twas a mistake :shocked:

I figured you could race Turbo class and Bebop come hang out for the weekend and bring his rig. Maybe he does the bouncer thing?

That bouncer crash/injury doesn't sound fun. Ouch!!
Back flip off a 20’ vertical climb. landed square on the roof from 30’ up and stopped dead. I recall the Maine maniac and Burkey I think looking at me while I tried to tell them how bad my headache was while hanging off my belts

Track is completely fucked. It's so muddy almost nobody can get into the parking lot or pits. Trucks are stuck everywhere, including me. Not sure what I was thinking pulling in here but I now regret it..... Waiting for the wife to get here with her Jeep to unstick me so I can move to a better spot...... If that's even possible to find. :shaking:

20210417_122150.jpg

I figured you could race Turbo class and Bebop come hang out for the weekend and bring his rig. Maybe he does the bouncer thing?

That bouncer crash/injury doesn't sound fun. Ouch!!

That's a 12h drive for me but ya never know. When is the event ?
Definitely not racing, I don't have the cash to fix what might break. Can we trail ride ride after the event ?

Edit : I'm a dummy that can't read but I just realized it's on Memorial day weekend. I already have plans that weekend unfortunately. That said I may fly in to hang out at a TX race later on during the year.

Race day!!

It's still a muddy mess but should be fun out there once the track gets worked in and dries. There are several heats before mine so it should be good by my first race.

Running the stock knobby tires for the first race. We will see if the Hoosiers go on for the main....

20210418_092422.jpg

Hosed it down with 3/4 of a gallon of Mud Defender this morning. Hopefully that helps with the mud buildup and cleanup.

Didn't do to bad in the heat...... Got a horrible start, came out in 2nd to last and drove back up to 3rd place. Ran out of tear offs on the last lap and basically drove to the finish line by memory. Going to load up.more tear offs this time.

Runningquarters (Thanks! :smokin:) and I switched out the dirt tires after my heat race and now the Hoosiers are back on the car. I have no idea if that's a good decision or not but I'm sticking with it. Going to try 12psi in the rear 14psi in the front to give it some "pull" out of the corners......

Car is muddy today but not nearly as bad as the time I hit the fence. :lmao:

20210418_140937.jpg

Looking good man !
And consecutive podiums are a good thing. 3rd place ain't nothing to be ashamed of.

Hoosiers and tire pressures were the ticket......

In the main I came out of the gate in 3rd place and by the 2nd corner I was 2nd chasing my arch nemesis the #04 RS-1. We had the battle of battles the first three laps of five. I'd get a run at him in the corners, get next to him and then he'd pull me off the corner and down the straight. I decided for lap 4 I was going to just back off a few cars and watch him run his line. I found my "chance" to beat him and as we crossed the start/finish line I started racing him again. I stayed pinned to his rear bumper by overdrive the shit out of the car until we got to the "spot" and then I worked my passing line. There is a sweeping left turn at the back of the track that leads up to the 2 big jumps. One is a giant mound of dirt in that lefthand corner that you fly up to and jamb on the brakes right before the top to "bunny hop" the hill and then it's straight to the 100' table top jump. As soon as we hit the sweeper I dove to his inside and held it floored to the mound. As I did that I drove him to the outside of the jump and slammed on the brakes at the top to hop over. We both landed basically side by side and it was a drag race to the table top. Luckily I drove him out far enough that he got into the marbles and slid a little. That little bit was all I needed. I got in front of him and held on for the rest of the lap. At the start finish line I had him by 3 or 4 cars. :grinpimp::smokin::grinpimp::smokin::grinpimp::smokin::grinpimp::smokin:
To say I was extremely happy was an understatement!!!!!!

My wife took pics and a video, I'll see if I can get them posted in a little while.

Btw........ Myself and the 04 absolutely smoked the field. Like the guy in 3rd was so far behind us he probably thought he was leading the race. :laughing:

Edit: 3rd was 35 seconds back and I beat the 04 by 3 seconds. :smokin::smokin::smokin:

Screenshot_20210418-211003_Samsung Internet.jpg

Chris I take that as to mean you grabbed 2nd in the main. If so awesome man!! How did the Hoosiers do? Really would have liked to stick around for the main. And I didn't do nuthin I just can't stand around while somebody works even with a beer in my hand. Glad to be there and give a hand anytime. Oh and in case I didn't say it before you married up.

Nice! I’ve never raced where I truly knew my position. In all the lap woods series it’s you kinda have a clue, but arnt sure. Congrats

Wife and I were just talking about racing and she suggested we drive up to Mid America Outdoors in OK for round 3 & 4 of their SxS series Memorial day weekend after I casually mentioned wanting to race there.... 😁

Poke and Bebop, you guys should come to this one if you don't have plans already. 2 rounds of racing in 2 days shoud be pretty fawkin sweet and they are also having bouncers and mega trucks. :smokin:

FYI..... Camping spots go on sale April 26th at 1pm. I presume they will go fast.
We're also planning on going there for that event. Great job this weekend man!

We're also planning on going there for that event. Great job this weekend man!
Thanks!

The highlight of my weekend was seeing the smile on your sons face when you guys were out there in the RS-1 doing the parade lap. Terry and I were cracking up watching his face coming up over the top of one of the jumps opposite of where we were. :smokin:He had one hell of a first race. That's going to get expensive for you quick if he catches the racing fever! :laughing:

Another thing I forgot to mention.....

The guy in the 04 RS-1 that beats my ass 99% of the time Terry, is a pretty cool dude. Even though he is my toughest competition and I don't want to like him (it makes bumping him out of the way easier :laughing:) I can't help it. He stopped by my trailer first thing Sunday morning after tech inspection in his 4 seat RzR and said to hop in so we can go check out the track for practice without getting our cars full of mud before the heat race. :smokin: Who does that for someone that's going to potentially beat you? Honestly, I probably wouldn't..... Guy is A-OK in my book.

Top Back Refresh