What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

From a quick Google, all the mil spec ones I found were SAE countersunk flat head screws. That place above says they stock metric hardware.

Makes sense seeing as 99.999% of that shit gets used in aircraft.
Yeah, I was thinking maybe the navy would use some bolts for corrosion reasons, but they are probably not concerned with weight so stainless works just fine.

Got back from my work trip last night at 8:30 and went straight to work in the garage. First thing I did was drain the brake system and pull off the front brake hoses, and then replaced them with two new SS braided hoses adapted to the poly brake line fittings......

20240316_130150.jpg

Once I had those on I started working on getting the ABS unit out of the car. A few snips with the dikes and all the brake lines were disconnected and the ABS unit came right out. I tossed it on the shop bathroom scale and it weighted 6.5lbs......

20240316_124110.jpg

Having that unit out of the way really opens up the front of the chassis and makes getting at the steering rack much easier.

20240316_124057.jpg

Finished up most of the brake lines last night while I was fucking around in the shop. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong master cylinder adapters and won't be able to get the system hooked up and bled until mid week when the new adapters get here.....

20240317_001943.jpg

I think I managed to get the braided lines to the calipers hidden from danger pretty well considering.....

20240317_002011.jpg

20240317_002032.jpg

20240317_002045.jpg

Got some more work done yesterday. Once I got the brake lines roughed in I started on removing all the excess wiring from the car. First up was the RLB chase light bar and the 6 miles of wiring associated with it. Its going to get replaced with a single red oval LED truck light to meet minimum rule requirements. Once that crap was out of the way I pulled the Hess Motorsports radiator fan override switch, relay, fuse and wiring out of the car. Those god damn wires went from the dash switch to the fan plug at the front of the car and then all the way back to the radiator fans and battery. After looking at the wiring diagram and specs for the stock Honda fan relay I decided I'm going to wire the aftermarket fans directly to the stock relay.

20240317_142103.jpg

After that was all out of the way I moved on to the back of the car and got all the battery wiring and starter relay removed and moved it all to the passenger seat area to further balance out the car. Once the battery and box are removed its really going to clean up that area on the car.

20240317_142125.jpg

The new Antigravity battery is getting mounted in the passenger seat area so I needed to come up with a new mount. I was going to build one out of angle and threaded rod like the last one but seeing as the battery only weights 2.5lbs I figured that would be overkill so I started searching the internet to see what I could come up with, and this is what I decided on.....

007626_-_lc_fab_-_battery_box_for_antigravity_12_and_16_cell_batteries_-_black-8_675x.jpg

007626_-_lc_fab_-_battery_box_for_antigravity_12_and_16_cell_batteries_-_black-4_675x.jpg

All billet aluminum for the bling factor and weights less than 2lbs. :smokin:

And I ended up canceling the fuel cell order. I called ATL a week after placing the order and not hearing anything from them and i was told that the cell wasn't in stock and it would be 5 or 6 weeks before it would be built and ready to ship out. I'll revisit that idea at a later date and will continue running the stock tank until it's officially banned.

Last edited:
I think the torque test channel on YouTube has done tensile tests on different bolts. Maybe a different channel. I wonder if they would be interested is doing some destructive testing on these.

I think the torque test channel on YouTube has done tensile tests on different bolts. Maybe a different channel. I wonder if they would be interested is doing some destructive testing on these.

I'm pretty curious how much this adds up to weight wise.

Bigger bolts like link, radius rods etc. would be much more advantageous.

I thought it was them too but this is the one I was thinking of.

I thought it was them too but this is the one I was thinking of.

That's what I found but it didn't apply.

Im gonna just bolt this thing together and torque it and see how it feels.
If it's soft it won't make max torque
I think this mofos are gonna be all over my KTM...

That’s cool on the carbon fire. How many pounds/ounces can you save?

I guess Im going to find out soon enough..... I called today to see if they had a 2 seat console in stock, got to talking with the guy and he ended up making me a deal on a console and hood that I couldn't refuse so I ordered both.

I needed a new hood anyway, and the stock part from Honda wasn't much different in price after the discount so why not.

I guess Im going to find out soon enough..... I called today to see if they had a 2 seat console in stock, got to talking with the guy and he ended up making me a deal on a console and hood that I couldn't refuse so I ordered both.

I needed a new hood anyway, and the stock part from Honda wasn't much different in price after the discount so why not.
👍

Top Back Refresh