What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

On another note... I'm going to send the clutch packs out to have them machined to fit a 6th plate and then have all the frictions re-lined with kevlar. There are a couple of big HP turbo Talons running around with this clutch setup and it's proven itself to be reliable, so it should be a bulletproof upgrade in my N/A car. We are also talking about installing hybrid ceramic bearings in the diffs, hubs and possibly the transfer case to reduce frictional loss in those areas so we can get more hp to the ground. Micro polishing the transmission, diff and t-case gears was also discussed.

I also have an idea to lighten the front diff by machining off some of the excess material, but I won't know for sure on that until I get the diff apart and send it out to be examined by people smarter than me.

Oh, also forgot to mention the new weight rule....

1650lbs minimum with driver. My skinny ass and light car should have no problem meeting the minimum. The fat bastards in my class, not so much. :lmao:

So...... They changed the wording of the engine rules again for 2022 and removed "stock compression" from the mix. Newest rules state stock bore and stroke, and nothing else. So we are now back to "unlimited" engines as long as they are not over 1000cc's. :shaking:

Engine guy and I talked yesterday and came up with the plan for my engine for 2022, and its going to piss some people off and probably make alot of them cry next season. :grinpimp:

-Custom JE 15-1 compression pistons
-CP H-beam rods
-Lightened & balanced crank
-Flow bench ported head with +1mm valves
-Titanium keepers and retainers
-High lift valve springs
-Custom BC cam built to engine guys specs
-Custom built 3 step 2 into 1 header
-Injector Dynamics fuel injectors (possibly 4)
-Return style fuel system
-Aeromotive in tank fuel pump
-Aeromotive EFI fuel pressure regulator
-10 gallon Jaz fuel cell <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,,,,,,,
-VP Race Fuel M5 Methanol :smokin:

Engine guy is thinking close to 180 wheel HP with this combo, and if he's even remotely close to that number my competitors are completely fucked next year. My dialed in chassis with almost 90 more HP to the wheels will be a force to be reckoned with next season.
Does that come with a reserve? :flipoff2:

So...... They changed the wording of the engine rules again for 2022 and removed "stock compression" from the mix. Newest rules state stock bore and stroke, and nothing else. So we are now back to "unlimited" engines as long as they are not over 1000cc's. :shaking:

Engine guy and I talked yesterday and came up with the plan for my engine for 2022, and its going to piss some people off and probably make alot of them cry next season. :grinpimp:

-Custom JE 15-1 compression pistons
-CP H-beam rods
-Lightened & balanced crank
-Flow bench ported head with +1mm valves
-Titanium keepers and retainers
-High lift valve springs
-Custom BC cam built to engine guys specs
-Custom built 3 step 2 into 1 header
-Injector Dynamics fuel injectors (possibly 4)
-Return style fuel system
-Aeromotive in tank fuel pump
-Aeromotive EFI fuel pressure regulator
-10 gallon Jaz fuel cell
-VP Race Fuel M5 Methanol :smokin:

Engine guy is thinking close to, if not more than 180 wheel HP with this combo, and if he's even remotely close to that number my competitors are completely fucked next year. My dialed in chassis with almost 90 more HP to the wheels will be a force to be reckoned with next season, I can guarantee that...

you'll now be a big-money sellout too :laughing:
Can't wait !

Random pictures from the last race of the season...

View attachment 469417

851A2080.jpeg.jpg

851A4443.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Races are going to be live streamed on this site tomorrow if anyone is intrested in watching. Qualifying starts at 10am Texas time and the mains start around 11:30. I'm definitely racing in the 35+ class and might race another class depending on the turnout.

I had a BLAST this weekend! The new track and facility is top notch. The races are run like a circle track race with qualifying, heats and a feature for each class. Starts are rolling with cars lined up 2 by 2 and the leader setting the pace. This format is soooo much better than the land rush starts at Texplex IMO. Track was both fast and super technical at the same time. I loved it!!

Recap of Friday practice.......

Showed up on Friday at noon for practice with my buddy Chad. We got our cars prepped and got out on the track about 1:30. After about 4-5 laps of practice I started feeling comfortable and was driving race pace when I started hearing a clicking noise coming from the front. Pulled off the track, checked everything out and didn't see or feel anything wrong, Hmmmmm. Went back out for practice and in a lap or two I knew what the noise and problem was. The front ring and pinion that was damaged in my last crash finally decided it had enough and was self destructing little by little every lap. First thought was "welp, season is over, I don't have a spare front diff" so I just kept running practice laps until it grenaded and left me with only 2wd. Went back to the pits and was talking to another Honda racer about my problem when he offered to drive back to his house 1.5hrs away to go get me a spare front diff assembly, and said he would be back around 8:30pm. FREAKIN AWESOME!!!! Threw the car up on jacks and proceeded to pull the front apart to get the junk diff out...

20211119_191244.jpg

20211119_191233.jpg

20211119_191227.jpg

Guy got back around 9:30pm with the part and I was up until midnight getting it installed, but I was back in business! :smokin:

Woke up Saturday morning, checked my work to make sure everything was tight and full of fluid, then test drove it around the pits. Once I figured out I was good to go I went to sign in for the races. Vet class only ended up having 3 entrants including myself so I was kind of bummed out. I've beat the other two guys several times at Texplex and kinda felt like the class wasn't going to be a challenge so I also signed up for the Sportsman class. That class was packed with fast 20somethings that all raced intermediate and expert class at Texplex so I figured I'd give it a shot and see how I stack up against the fast guys. Qualified #2 in Sportsman class and as I expected, #1 in the Vet class. :grinpimp:

Went out for the Sportsman heat and had the battle of battles with another Honda racer who is super fast at Texplex. We must have swapped the lead 4 or 5 times during the course of the heat but at the end of the race I came out the winner by about 1/2 a bumper at the finish line. :smokin:

Heat race for the Vet class was lame as expected. I led all the laps and won.... Meh

After kicking ass in the Sportsman heat race I was feeling confident about the feature race when we lined up. Fast guy in the Honda and another Honda racer snuck by me at the start but I regained 2nd spot going into turn one and proceeded to move right up to the heels of the fast Honda guy. I followed him for a lap or so seeing where he might make a mistake and allow me to get by. I was pressuring him the whole time but he wasn't leaving the door open at all so I had to do what I had to do to make the pass. :grinpimp: I kept getting a better run than him off the corner before the 80' tabletop jump so I decided to fully send it next lap and see if that gets me anywhere. It did, and I passed the dude in mid-air over the tabletop, it was fucking awesome!!! I grabbed the lead and took off with him on my back bumper but unable to pass. Did a few more laps leading the race and took the white flag. About 1/2 way through the last lap I hit a series of bumps in one of the corners that sloshed the oil around enough to drop my oil pressure for a split second and the fuckung car shut off.... Fast guy passed me as I was pulling over to refire my car. It seemed like it took forever to start back up but nobody else passed me in that time. Got going again and took the checkered flag in 2nd. :shaking:

Resized_20211120_145139_1566189896916918.jpeg

We absolutely smoked the rest of the field!!

Last edited:
I'll definitely be running the full series at Big O Speedway next season. I absolutely love that track and the way the races are handled by the track staff. They were all very professional and kept the show moving all day. It was a refreshing change of pace compared to racing at Texplex.

:smokin:

The front ring and pinion that was damaged in my last crash finally decided it had enough and was self destructing little by little every lap.

I was skeptical when you said all it needed was a new case half, but I didn't want to say anything for fear of jinxing it :laughing:

You know it's a good crowd when competitors will give you parts to get you back in the game...better to have a fair match than win just because you left a spare at home.

I was skeptical when you said all it needed was a new case half, but I didn't want to say anything for fear of jinxing it :laughing:

You know it's a good crowd when competitors will give you parts to get you back in the game...better to have a fair match than win just because you left a spare at home.

I knew I had a problem as soon as the new case half showed up and I put it back together. The ring and pinion had a tight spot in it once assembled but because it was the last race of the season at Texplex and all I needed to do was start the race Saturday to lock in my points standings I gave no fucks about the tight spot. When it wasn't a problem at Texplex the entire weekend of racing I honestly forgot about it until it started making death noises and vibrating during practice at Big O Speedway on Friday. Oops......

The family I got the diff from is awesome, we talked a bunch this weekend about racing Hondas and I think I made some new friends. 😎

How did you do in your first season of golf cart racing? :laughing:
go carts are gay.. :flipoff2: I do well enough with the guys I get to race with.

What I meant is your doing really good with your setup now. Why not keep racing it like that? It's what makes it fun?

Sucks on the diff, seems like that a common issue through out all the brands. They make crazy billet upgrade ones for the Polaris.

go carts are gay.. :flipoff2: I do well enough with the guys I get to race with.

What I meant is your doing really good with your setup now. Why not keep racing it like that? It's what makes it fun?

Sucks on the diff, seems like that a common issue through out all the brands. They make crazy billet upgrade ones for the Polaris.

I need more motor to be competitive with the unlimited budget guys and the lack of engine rules. I probably don't need to go as big as what was listed on the last page but my engine guy wants to build me a weapon for next year to showcase his work at Texplex and other tracks I'll be racing so he can grab business from the racers with big money to spend that I'll be beating next year. :grinpimp: He's not only a great engine builder, he's a smart businessman.

Edit: The diffs and axles in these Talons are actually fairly bullet proof. They don't ever break or explode like mine did, I just got unlucky and shocked the shit out of it when I landed on the sidewall of the RF tire at full throttle during the crash and damaged it. I know I should have replaced the entire assembly in one shot.

Last edited:
Engine parts started showing up!

12.5-1 CP pistons...
660183449.jpg

Custom BC cam built to engine guys specs...
20211211_124131.jpg

Hess head stud kit...
20211202_200701.jpg

Kibblewhite +1mm Intake and exhaust valves...
20211211_123357.jpg

Just waiting on the valve guides and spring/retainer kit to show up mid next week and then it's all getting sent up to Missouri for the build. :grinpimp:

Due to the wait time on some of the custom parts we needed to build the methanol motor I decided to go a different route with the engine this year so I don't miss any of the races at the beginning of the season. This combo isn't going to make 180+ hp to the wheels like the methanol motor would have but my engine guy still estimates 125-130hp to the wheels with this combo running on VP113. It should be a little better than the 87hp I have to the wheels now!! :laughing:

Once I get the engine back I'm going to bring the car up to PPEI Tuning in Louisiana and have them work their magic on it. I'm also going to have them add launch control to the tune while it's there. No more shitty starts for Slowpoke!! :smokin:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh