What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

Picked up a new sticker today...

20211105_170909.jpg

:grinpimp:

Track is waaaay to muddy from all the rain we had Wednesday go out for practice so I went for a ride around the track with RS-1 guy in his 4 seat RzR to check out the new layout. We are racing last tomorrow so the track should be dry by the time our heat goes out.

Because I'm a picture whore....

20211105_171316.jpg

Last edited:
Just went out for practice. It's still a bit muddy but will be dry for the heat race later today. Car feels great and it's still fast. As long as I don't do stupid shit I should have a good shot at a win today.....

20211106_081317.jpg

Awesome Chris. Good luck with the rest of the weekend. I'm down in Kerrville or I would be there. If I get back early enough tomorrow I will run out there. Tell your lovely wife I said hi.

The Main was so-so...... Got a bad start and came out of the gate 13th of 14 cars. In 5 laps I raced my way back up to 3rd place and was on the heals of 1st & 2nd when the checkered flag flew. I was running 4 seconds a lap faster than the leaders and probably could have won the race if I had another lap, but I didn't, so 3rd it was. With that finish I cemented my 2nd place points slot for the year and a big check at the banquet tonight.

Final race of the season starts in about an hour. I'm shooting for finishing off the year with another win. I have the fastest car in my class this weekend and if I don't screw up the start I should have a decent shot at it.

:smokin:

So, the main was interesting.

We line up for the race about to take the green and one of the Yamaha's rolls through the start line waay early. Flag lady throws the green, the rest of us take off and then she waved us off. I backed up into my spot and got reset but a few guys went so far they had to pull off the track and come back around through the pits. They lined us all back up and then we waited... and waited... and waited. I guess the Vet turbo cars that start 45 seconds before us got so spread out in the first two laps that they decided to let us go after their race was over to avoid messing up their race. And waited... and waited... and waited...

Green flag flies, I come out 5th and the hunt for the leader was on. Passed a car on the first lap for 4th place and spotted 3rd and 2nd ahead of me and set my sights on them. Caught them a lap later while they were battling each other and got both in one pass. :smokin: I took off on those guys and set my sights on the leader who was probably 5-6 seconds ahead. As I crossed the line to take the white flag I was within 2 car lengths of his back bumper. He had nothing for me in the heat race so I was feeling good about passing him for the win before the last lap was over. I followed him through 2 more corners and ran out of gas as I was going for the inside pass...... :shaking:

Sucks.
Too small of a tank or careless oversight?:confused:

Still sounds like you had a great season.

I gambled on my fuel load and lost. Had I shut the car off while we were waiting to start I wouldn't have had an issue. Hindsight is 20/20.

Ya, I had a great season! 2nd overall in points isn't anything to complain about my first year of UTV racing. I'm excited for next year!

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to haunt you forever for running out of fuel. LOL. Shit happens. Great job Chris!!!!!!!

I deserve it, It was a total bone head move on my part for not shutting the car off. Shit happens and I learned a valuable lesson for next season.

The highlight of my day was when the 3 guys from my class that were up on the podium all thanked me for running out of gas. :lmao:

Buddy of mine ran out of fuel at Laughlin in his buggy. We took a pic of him with a gas can next to his car. We circulated that pic for years lol.

Funny story from this weekend......

After the heat race on Saturday, when I locked up 2nd in points, the RS-1 guy and I decided we were going to have our own race on Sunday. Plan was to let the entire field go, have the flag lady count to 10 then throw the green for us so we could battle each other without other cars in the mix to see who would come out on top. I was all for it and so was RS-1 guy until later that afternoon when I was running a few seconds a lap faster than him in the main. Suddenly he had to let his friends kid use the car for his race on Sunday because of a mechanical failure. RS-1 guy drove the kids car in our race so how bad could it have been??? WTF!

Another thing I thought was hilarious.... The kid that drove his RS-1 was running 11.xx seconds a lap faster than we were in our race. I jokingly told RS-1 guy that he's not that great of a driver if he's only slightly faster than me in that rocket ship, or he's sandbagging the shit out of the class ... :laughing:

Last edited:
dang 11 seconds a lap is no joke. One of my buddies just bought our RS1 (he also races 4600 in Ultra4) and lives in Dallas area. He's planning on running the Vet NA class next year with it.

dang 11 seconds a lap is no joke. One of my buddies just bought our RS1 (he also races 4600 in Ultra4) and lives in Dallas area. He's planning on running the Vet NA class next year with it.

Dude, it was nuts..... Landon holeshotted the fuck out of the entire expert class, lead every lap of the race and won by a good amount. Terry's car is STUPID fast!

Collin Truitt also borrowed Terry's car to run the main in Pro N/A yesterday if that tells you anything.

Jerry didn't have a good day yesterday......

Resized_20211107_133438.jpeg

I feel bad for him. It made me sick to my stomach looking at that car after the race, It's totaled. Chassis is bent to shit and cracked, 3 corners of the suspension are bent and trashed, steering rack broke in half and a bunch of other stuff was trashed, and that's just what I could see walking around it. If that wasn't a Greeves built car I think he would have been seriously injured in that crash. Like I said, I feel bad for him, I don't wish that shit on anyone.

Last edited:
And that's one of the reasons I think Brian is a fucktard for letting stock cages and those POS bolt on "trail cages" everyone sells be allowed in this series. Someone is going to get seriously injured or killed because of the lack of rules regarding cages. We ain't putting around out there....

That sucks about Jerry. Yamahas have total shit for frames compared to can am and polaris though. It really doesn't take much to wad the hell out of one. I agree on the stock cage, a trail cage is better than a stock cage, it'll buckle but it'll still save a life. The logic is to try and keep it as simple as possible for people to get into racing, and then hopefully they figure it out on their own and either buy a built car (which most do) or they upgrade the safety and stuff on theirs. It makes sense, but i agree, racing with stock cages is just no bueno. i don't understand the no roofs either. the Kirschmeirers are the worst about that, i don't understand why nobody in that family has a roof on their talon.

I don't understand the no roofs either. the Kirschmeirers are the worst about that, i don't understand why nobody in that family has a roof on their talon.

You're not lying, I thought the same thing at the beginning of the year when I saw those cars. I think they think it makes the cars faster because it has less wind drag vs running a roof. Whatever that "advantage" is in their minds is not worth the safety risk in my mind.

Last edited:
So...... They changed the wording of the engine rules again for 2022 and removed "stock compression" from the mix. Newest rules state stock bore and stroke, and nothing else. So we are now back to "unlimited" engines as long as they are not over 1000cc's. :shaking:

Engine guy and I talked yesterday and came up with the plan for my engine for 2022, and its going to piss some people off and probably make alot of them cry next season. :grinpimp:

-Custom JE 15-1 compression pistons
-CP H-beam rods
-Lightened & balanced crank
-Flow bench ported head with +1mm valves
-Titanium keepers and retainers
-High lift valve springs
-Custom BC cam built to engine guys specs
-Custom built 3 step 2 into 1 header
-Injector Dynamics fuel injectors (possibly 4)
-Return style fuel system
-Aeromotive in tank fuel pump
-Aeromotive EFI fuel pressure regulator
-10 gallon Jaz fuel cell
-VP Race Fuel M5 Methanol :smokin:

Engine guy is thinking close to, if not more than 180 wheel HP with this combo, and if he's even remotely close to that number my competitors are completely fucked next year. My dialed in chassis with almost 90 more HP to the wheels will be a force to be reckoned with next season, I can guarantee that...

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh