What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

Biggest kick in the dick of the weekend:

Last night after the race we were all partying and RS-1 guy tells me straight out that after Friday's practice he knew he had nothing for me this weekend and figured he was going to catch an ass whooping during the race. He stopped by my trailer this morning and told me the same thing again. He's not the type of guy that says stuff like that, so for him to say it twice is big.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.
Sometimes life gotta remind you that she's a bitch...

Just like that :flipoff2:

Easy fix... Needs front diff case halfs and a new driveshaft. Steering rack might be bent but I have a spare so no worries. I'll be GTG for the last race in 2 weeks.

Pulled the front driveshaft and the chunk of the diff the broke off and ran the main in 2wd. Finished 7th out of 9 cars.

20211023_150833.jpg

20211023_150853.jpg
Aluminum / Carbon drive shaft mod? Sounds expensive though.
RCV has kind of already started the idea StackPath

Last edited:
New driveshaft, left side diff case and another front bumper are on their way to me from Honda. I should get them either Friday or Monday depending on what the UPS people feel like doing. :laughing:

Found one more problem. The rack and pinion gears took a beating when I crashed. Im pretty fucking lucky the steering didn't lock up on me when I continued on in the heat or in the main later in the day!

20211026_173501.jpg

20211026_173611.jpg

To solve the rack problem I gave RB3 a call and asked if I could buy replacement rack & pinion gears to replace my damaged set. I was immediately transferred to the owners of the company, Bob & Joanne and put on speaker phone so I could tell them exactly how I broke it. Apparently I'm the one and only person on the planet to have successfully broken one of these units and they are used exclusively on the team Honda KOH Talons. I dun gooder! :homer:

Bob and Joanne, the owners of RB3 Offroad, are the two absolutely coolest people I have ever never met in my life!! The entire conversation I felt like I was on speaker phone with my mom and dad back home. They were genuinely interested in my racing adventure this year and have been following along on a SxS forum I post on and had lots of mom & dad type questions about it. Ha! We talked about their sons racing SX in the early 90's, living in the North East, ect. It was a blast. By the end of our hour long conversation even my wife was on speaker phone chatting with them. :laughing: without a doubt they are the absolute coolest small business owners I've ever had the privilege to talk to in my life and I highly recommend you SxS owners to buy USA made RB3 Offroad Products for your SxS's. They make bad ass parts and 100% stand behind their product.

Joanne asked for my address at the end of the conversation and said I'll be getting a box in the mail in a few days. I offered several times to pay for the parts that I broke in a crash and they strongly refused every time. I was told to shush by Joanne when I begged them to at least let me pay for shipping. Coolest people and business ever and I can't thank them enough for helping me out!!

Last edited:
To solve the rack problem I gave RB3 a call and asked if I could buy replacement rack & pinion gears to replace my damaged set. I was immediately transferred to the owners of the company, Bob & Joanne and put on speaker phone so I could tell them exactly how I broke it. Apparently I'm the one and only person on the planet to have successfully broken one of these units and they are used exclusively on the team Honda KOH Talons. I dun gooder! :homer:

Bob and Joanne, the owners of RB3 Offroad, are the two absolutely coolest people I have ever never met in my life!! The entire conversation I felt like I was on speaker phone with my mom and dad back home. They were genuinely interested in my racing adventure this year and have been following along on a SxS forum I post on and had lots of mom & dad type questions about it. Ha! We talked about their sons racing SX in the early 90's, living in the North East, ect. It was a blast. By the end of our hour long conversation even my wife was on speaker phone chatting with them. :laughing: without a doubt they are the absolute coolest small business owners I've ever had the privilege to talk to in my life and I highly recommend you SxS owners to buy USA made RB3 Offroad Products for your SxS's. They make bad ass parts and 100% stand behind their product.

Joanne asked for my address at the end of the conversation and said I'll be getting a box in the mail in a few days. I offered several times to pay for the parts that I broke in a crash and they strongly refused every time. I was told to shush by Joanne when I begged them to at least let me pay for shipping. Coolest people and business ever and I can't thank them enough for helping me out!!
These are the stories I was hoping you could share on the social media sites via hashtags etc. to get give the company the recognition they deserve.

It's a slippery slope I know and
I respect you for not waiding into the water.

Thanks for sharing with us here at least..

These are the stories I was hoping you could share on the social media sites via hashtags etc. to get give the company the recognition they deserve.

It's a slippery slope I know and
I respect you for not waiding into the water.

Thanks for sharing with us here at least..

I know exactly what you mean, but I still can't bring myself to do it.

Last edited:
Got some bad news yesterday.... The Red Bull invitational race has been postponed until May of next year. Kinda sucks but it is what it is.

On the plus side of that, a local dirt track built a UTV short course recently and was having its first race the same day as the Red Bull race, so with that cancelation I get to race at Big O Speedway instead. :smokin:

I think that Red Bull race was going to be a total shitshow and they finally realized it and decided to pull it. That triple step up was fuggin huge. I don’t know who would be able to consistently clear that during a race. Definitely not NA cars. One of the track guys said the Red Bull drivers were launching it backwards going from the triple side to the step up ramp and it was pretty intense. I don’t think we’ll make the Big O race but we’ll see. Would be fun, but charli won’t be able to race the turbo car as she’s only 13 and you have to be 16 (or have several years experience)

tribal4krawler

I bet they would let her race at Big O, she looks 16. Hahaha The Kirchmires(sp) seem like cool people and more than likely wouldn't care. I could loan you those SC-1's if you need some race tires for the last few races, I'm probably not going to use them. I have plenty of new tires to last me the next few races.

Still no tracking info on the parts from Honda even though I have asked for them a couple times now. I really hope they were not blowing smoke up my ass when they said I'd have them by Monday. I'd hate to have to put this thing back together in 2wd mode and go drive around at the back of the pack to keep from losing 2nd in points. I'll be one pissed off motherfucker next weekend if that ends up being the case.

I'm going to drag the trailer to work in a little while so I can straighten the rack mount. It's only a little bent on one side so it shouldn't be that big a deal to fix. Famous last words...

Last edited:
This is what happened to the rack mount in my race car when I flipped it.

20211030_194811.jpg

The force of landing on the RF tire shoved the tie rod in and up and basically stamped the shape of the rack into 1/8" metal on one side of the mount. The amount of force it took to do that is pretty crazy! Big props to RB3 Offroad for building a rack that could withstand that kind of abuse and not explode into pieces and end my day.

Last edited:
Honda parts showed up ?

Honda parts will be on my doorstep today, but I have a new problem.... The rack parts were sent USPS priority mail and sat in SC for 3 days before leaving. That stuff was supposed to be here today also but the new delivery date was changed to Thursday. Unfortunately the fucking rack is the first thing that needs to go back in before the driveshaft and front diff can be installed so I'm still kind of dead in the water. I have the stock Honda rack I can install but I'm not sure I want to take that chance.

More time to build a chassis / rack mount reinforcement ?

Top Back Refresh