What's new

Slow Start of Fan

yes, that's the assumption from the VIDA documentation.

Until I put a scope on it it's just my assumption.

So you can either use an ECM to trigger it, or you can build a little arduino box to trigger it based on a temp sender's resistance.
The code is literally
If the ohms are (x) then output (x) on the PWM circuit, but never apply more than (x) to the PWM circuit in (y) amount of time.
in a nutshell obviously.
and that assumes that the controller is actually a PWM controller for the fans, and not just some relays in a box with a circuit board that controls them based on the PWM input it sees just because it was cheaper to make than relays and wires.

There are tutorials for pretty much anything you'd ever want to do.

and most of the common sensors and such have predefined libraries that just make them work. It's not until you try and do something no one else has documented that you get off ito the real weeds of building circuits and shit. most of it is plug and play. There will be some transistors/resistors involved in plugging an arduino into the cars 12V. It's meant to do 5V things.

like I said, I need to ebay/junkyard one so that I can plug it in with a bench power supply and see how it operates and how we control it, and if it's even worth using for the trouble to do so.
gimme a few weeks I'll grab one when I'm back at my pick n pull, unless the fan stuff from a 01 continental is pwm, I do have the fuel pump driver thing and I know that is pwm, That's another thing I need to learn more about, I hate hearing fuel pumps scream at idle, nevermind the heat it puts into the fuel.

I imagine they're a helluva lot more plentiful in yards in vermont than in bumfuck ohio.
There's 1 P2 in the three pull a parts within an hour from me.

well I found myself in cleveland this morning so I went to visit the 1 p2 in a junkyard, it had no fans.
pull a part got me for $3 again.

I imagine they're a helluva lot more plentiful in yards in vermont than in bumfuck ohio.
There's 1 P2 in the three pull a parts within an hour from me.
Haven't really been to any yet cause they don't have anything older than ten years and I'm in bumfuct VT.
Local yard has half a dozen P1s, they are one of the best yards I have ever seen.

Aaron Z
Names of these JY's, How far from albany?

Top Back Refresh