What's new

Skid plate options for clocked case

rattlewagon

shitboxin
Member Number
Loc
Northfield Vermont
I was looking for an off the shelf skidplate/crossmember to replace the stocker in 4runner. 4runner is 22re/w56/ duals with the rear case 10* clocked. We were planning on using the FROR mount, but they dont have the clocked case option available currently. I have a message in to them, but looking for some other options. Or is it possible to make a clocked setup work on a budbuilt or similar? Ill make some thing if I need to, just looking for other options.

Thoughts? Lets see some skidplate pics of whatever youre running. All ideas considered at this point. Happy tuesday

MWEL0phl.jpg

im running a D300 now but same idea. going to add some 1"x2" squre tube to the bottom of the frame rails so i can remove the bump in the middle and flat belly it

photo53103.jpg

photo53104.jpg

photo53105.jpg

photo53106.jpg

photo53109.jpg

this is what i had to cut out of the floor to semi flat belly it.

photo53114.jpg

photo53115.jpg

some more mounting options. take a old mount and weld some busing mounts to the bottom

photo53152.jpg

photo53155.jpg

photo53160.jpg

Can't believe people are still running those. You will eventually crack your 2nd to the rear case housing. If you an tie that mount into the stock mounts, similar to the allpro crossmember, it seems better.

I'm also not keen on hard mounting the skid plate to the aluminum tcase.

Budbuilt would probably build you something.

Budbuilt recommended modifying the rear mount. I got the same response from them as I did from front range and 4xi, no market for clocked case anymore.

If or when this fails, well probably just use an off the shelf skid and modify the rear mount, or just not run one, but we were tying to make the most out of the extra clearance. Weve also only got about $80 into it.

I bought my last cases (which were clocked) with a typical tg skid plate and it came a single 4x innovations mount. I ran it like that for a while but was always nervous about it breaking the crawl box housing. I eventually got another 4x innovations mount. I cut the bottom foot that the 4 little Allen's (that come loose anyway) go into off and just welded the tabs to the crossmember. The only problem was that the driver side bushing on the rear case hit the crossmember and I had to cut it off, so I only have 3 of 4 bushings. Depending on your body clearance and type of crossmember, it may not be an issue.

I ran a single 4X t case mount on my last truck for several years. My motor mounts were bolted together with a .50” grade 8 bolts.

My previous truck was duals and a clocked adapter. 4xInnovations used to make a clocked crossmember, I don't think they do anymore.

So that probably won't work for you :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh