What's new

Since its gone --

DozerDan82

Master of the Universe!!!
Member Number
Loc
3rd Rock From the Big Ball of Fire
Figured I would add some content to my Backhoe bushing thread. Chris and I did a thing the other night, it did not end well. Tried to straighten the bent rod, got a bit greedy. Sounded like someone set off a shot gun next to my ear...

photo2186.jpg

photo2188.jpg

photo2189.jpg

Sweet...what's that gonna cost?

Ouch, I broke a steer cylinder on an articulated machine once, watching from the deck feathering the controls to line up the rod end pin, the slightest side load broke it just like that, mage a hell of a noise!

from what I hear, chrome rod isn't terribly expensive, if it's a common size, you seem have the capabilities to machine and weld it

As of right now $500 for a used take off. Thought I lucked out and found the rod for $200 but they sold it already. If anyone has a source RE15639 is the part number. New is $1,300 !!!

What size rod is that? Chuck it up on lathe cut the end off thread new rod weld end back on. My hyd shop would weld a new rod on there for 4-500 bucks. You should be able to buy the chrome rod from baileys for 1-200 bucks.

Aww shit! I broke the rod on our bucket curl cylinder on our 410D backhoe. JD parts are fuckin expensive so I found a cylinder from Surplus Center that had about the right dimensions and modified it to fit the bill...

What size rod is that? Chuck it up on lathe cut the end off thread new rod weld end back on. My hyd shop would weld a new rod on there for 4-500 bucks. You should be able to buy the chrome rod from baileys for 1-200 bucks.

2" looks to be about $200 for a 3' length. If my only option was a new one for $1,300 I would do it in a second. Called a few shops all seemed to be in the $500 rough quote range. I can get a take off unit for $500. Seems easier. After redoing all the bushings and what not, I really just want a rod to slam in the hole and call it good! Plus with shipping delays and being busy at work, buying an entire cyl assembly is just done and done. Unless I find just the rod used somewhere that is the game plan.

2" looks to be about $200 for a 3' length. If my only option was a new one for $1,300 I would do it in a second. Called a few shops all seemed to be in the $500 rough quote range. I can get a take off unit for $500. Seems easier. After redoing all the bushings and what not, I really just want a rod to slam in the hole and call it good! Plus with shipping delays and being busy at work, buying an entire cyl assembly is just done and done. Unless I find just the rod used somewhere that is the game plan.

I'm sure you have some bushing material leftover, you can always just make another one to fit the now-undersized trunion to a standard bushing :flipoff2:

I have nothing to add but I'm glad you came over. This was one of the only threads I was missing

I have nothing to add but I'm glad you came over. This was one of the only threads I was missing

I'm glad too! Cool pic, you can see the where the heat treat stops.

Dan, what about putting a "continued on irate" post as the last update with a link to the new thread?I've been thinking of doing that with the threads I've started to drive visitation here.

I'm glad too! Cool pic, you can see the where the heat treat stops.

Dan, what about putting a "continued on irate" post as the last update with a link to the new thread?I've been thinking of doing that with the threads I've started to drive visitation here.

I need to figure out what to do with my backhoe thread. Before all this happened I was going to update that and add a link to the bushing thread. In all the other forums I looked up tractor stuff on, pirate was the best for providing links and REAL info.

I need to figure out what to do with my backhoe thread. Before all this happened I was going to update that and add a link to the bushing thread. In all the other forums I looked up tractor stuff on, pirate was the best for providing links and REAL info.

You need to move it here of course :flipoff2:

That one..... The boat thread.... Truck thread.... Trailer thread....

You cant just leave us all hanging, that would be fucked up! :lmao:

Went and picked up my new to me Cyl yesterday after work. Got it apart. Had to play some games as the back seal pack was not wanting to come out of the cyl. rigged up a pneumatic pusher! Worked like a charm.

Working on the pool now, but then time to put it all back together and find the next thing wrong ha ha

photo5247.jpg

photo5248.jpg

photo5249.jpg

photo5250.jpg

photo5251.jpg

Nice! :smokin:

I'm still waiting for the boat thread to make an appearance. I have one of those "free" boats and need some motivation to get my ass over to the shop to work on it.

Did I mention, I fucking hate boats! :laughing:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh