What's new

Silencer co 46M

Landslide

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I’m moving forward with the purchasing process of a silencer co 46M. I like the idea of the versatility of it being able to adapt to a large variety of firearms. Reviews on it that I’ve found are good.

Theres an internal piston option available for it as well for semi automatic handguns but even taking the removable extension off it, it appears to be on the bulky side for a semi automatic handgun. Not so much length but circumference potentially blocking the sights. I guess you can eagle eyeball down the length if needed. But I’m not buying it for hand guns.

The two rounds I want to run through it are the .308 and the 5.56 calibers.

Only real concern I have is the weight of it. Coming in at 14.9 oz in full dress it’s going to be noticeable hanging out front.

Anyone have experience with this suppressor?

If your going to mainly run it on .308 and 5.56 you can look at the 36m instead, shorter and lighter. Same diameter as the 46m so not ideal pistol suppressor at 1.5" but the shorter length would definitely help. I have one but haven't got to shoot it yet. I did buy it just before the recall on a few of them so I sent it back to be checked out. Customer service with Sico has been very good I will say.

This is with the ASR mount on my 16" AR, which is why its longer, direct thread would obviously help the length.

PXL_20240217_015548558.jpg

Last edited:
D82752C5-0ECD-41E1-B3FA-B9041AE9F86B.jpeg

36M in the short configuration

did you buy the extra end caps for the different calibers? heard there is a slight extra reduction in sound for matching the cap to the caliber.
I did not. They are only worth an extra 2 to 3 decibels. I mainly run 165 grain 9mm and 220 grain 300 blackout through it.

Honestly, I went down the road of considering the 36M, but went to the Chimera for durability sake. I already have a Saker 556 and this is essentially the same but for 30cal and 15oz weight.

Honestly, I went down the road of considering the 36M, but went to the Chimera for durability sake. I already have a Saker 556 and this is essentially the same but for 30cal and 15oz weight.
I wanted a do all can that included 9mm. if I was just doing .308 and under, I agree a 300 or Chimera is the better option.

I’ve got one of the hybrid 46’s from before they came out with the modular one. I’ve run it on a 10mm pistol just because I could but it’s heavy for a pistol can for sure. Diameter vs the sights isn’t really a big deal if you’re keeping both eyes open. It’s awesome on a 45-70 lever action though. I decided not to mess around with the different end caps after watching my buddy launch his multiple times by forgetting which cap was on it :lmao:. 36m might be a better choice if you’re not intending on shooting big bore stuff out of it. Or really just a .30 can.

Any Lever action suppressed is an awesome sound. :smokin:

Top Back Refresh