What's new

Side hustle idea

Yea I was looking at the weights on those grapples as well. Tractordata specs page lists my model 520 loader at 2k lift capacity. the 72" HD root grapple weighs just over 1,000# itself. The lighter duty grapple bucket with two independent grapples is about 40% lighter at 600ish pounds. I don't abuse my equipment but it's farm machinery and things do get used..
Yeah no way would I give up 400#'s of lift capacity. Get the lighter one and fix when needed. I haven't used the one I bought yet but it's the lesser of the 2 styles as far as bulk. You can see the heavier one on the top right. My skid loader is only 2100# lift so I wanted all I could get.

IMG_3203.JPG

Looking at the local farm store they have Dewalt 20v grease gun kits on sale for $199. $20 cheaper than the same kit on Amazon. grease gun

I wasn't really in the market for a cordless grease gun because I like to be old fashioned.. lol :flipoff2:

There is a member here that builds and sels grapples and remote kits. His prices were pretty good if i remember right also.

dave_dj1
I'd like to hear more about this dave_dj1

My tractor doesn't have remotes and i'd love to add third function so I could get a lightweight grapple just for brush.

Looking at the local farm store they have Dewalt 20v grease gun kits on sale for $199. $20 cheaper than the same kit on Amazon. grease gun

I wasn't really in the market for a cordless grease gun because I like to be old fashioned.. lol :flipoff2:
I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0HGP1S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Put 2 tubes thru it so far. Works awesome for the price. Millennial Farmer has had one for 4 years without issues. If it can survive him I think it will be fine for my use. :laughing:

Lol farmers don’t grease shit. They get the spring greasing then ignored them rest of the year. :lmao:

I go through 3 kegs a year ;(. My fleet of Milwaukee’s get abused pretty hard.
Before I had an acreage with a skid loader and big mower a tube a grease would last me like 7 years. :laughing:

I'd like to hear more about this dave_dj1

My tractor doesn't have remotes and i'd love to add third function so I could get a lightweight grapple just for brush.
What is your tractor? There are kits available for some and by different manufacturers. If no kit is available they sell a universal kit where you have to source your own hoses. I sell and install the kits for $950, I have a 48" grapple and a 60" grapple, 1295 and 1695 respectively.
Here are a couple of 48"
IBsUf60l.jpg

What is your tractor? There are kits available for some and by different manufacturers. If no kit is available they sell a universal kit where you have to source your own hoses. I sell and install the kits for $950, I have a 48" grapple and a 60" grapple, 1295 and 1695 respectively.
Here are a couple of 48"
IBsUf60l.jpg
I have a deere 790 wtih a woods loader. I'm actually welding up the quick attach plates to it tonight so I can at least use a real pair of forks on it. Pretty sure the 790 was a budget tractor with no extras. :laughing: Though at least when they installed the woods loader they sourced the JD hydraulics for it so the stick is at least in the factory place and not attached to the loader bracket like a lot of aftermarket ones. :shaking:

I have a deere 790 wtih a woods loader. I'm actually welding up the quick attach plates to it tonight so I can at least use a real pair of forks on it. Pretty sure the 790 was a budget tractor with no extras. :laughing: Though at least when they installed the woods loader they sourced the JD hydraulics for it so the stick is at least in the factory place and not attached to the loader bracket like a lot of aftermarket ones. :shaking:
Here is a 60" on a 40hp New Holland
AqEPAIyl.jpg

Took the tractor and mower to the farm to cut pasture yesterday. Going back today to finish up. It's been a few years since it's been mowed and starting to get sprouts.

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_171016970.jpg
    IMG_20210925_171016970.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20210925_100716463_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210925_100716463_HDR.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20210925_151347884_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210925_151347884_HDR.jpg
    828.5 KB · Views: 26
You could also just have all the people call the diggers hotline and get the grass painted. Then it's not on you if you hit a line.

Depends where you are. We have to have locates done by the actual company/person doing the excavation. We are not exempt from liability if we are working on someone else’s locates.

Depends where you are. We have to have locates done by the actual company/person doing the excavation. We are not exempt from liability if we are working on someone else’s locates.
Not to mention that private utilities are not located. And those are usually the ones you're going to find doing this type of work.

Start a business
Get a bank account
Get insurance
Get a CPA
Get your DOT#s
Don't borrow money
Get work
Do the work
Get paid (hopefully)
Profit (maybe)

Start a business
Pay a fee to the Goverment
Get a bank account
So the .gov can track you if needed
Get insurance
Because people think if you have a 'business' you are rich
Get a CPA
Because they fight the .gov fees for working hard
Get your DOT#s
Pay the Goverment a fee in doing so
Don't borrow money
Yes-dont
Get work
twice the work now, because you have the pay the goverment
Do the work
Get paid (hopefully)
and be the .gov collection and get the sales portion of the taxes
Profit (maybe)
But after you pay your personal taxes

FIFY

Well more than likely it will be used on the farm that my brothers and I inherited. That will keep me busy when I am not working my paying job. :laughing:

Going to the local tire shop today to get the rear tires filled with beet juice. I would love to have iron wheel weights but I can't find any used on CL or FBMP in the Midwest for the part # I need. Looks like they are available from Deere but I assume they will be high as giraffe pussy. Tire shop is across the road from the Deere dealer so I am gonna walk over and check on prices to add a 3rd SCV to run a grapple bucket.. From my online searching it appears to be about $800 for the kit and is still available. Once I get that installed then I will find a grapple bucket.

Going to the local tire shop today to get the rear tires filled with beet juice. I would love to have iron wheel weights but I can't find any used on CL or FBMP in the Midwest for the part # I need. Looks like they are available from Deere but I assume they will be high as giraffe pussy. Tire shop is across the road from the Deere dealer so I am gonna walk over and check on prices to add a 3rd SCV to run a grapple bucket.. From my online searching it appears to be about $800 for the kit and is still available. Once I get that installed then I will find a grapple bucket.
Just a FYI loaded tires aren't a substitute for ballast. Loaded tires are for traction. Build yourself a ballast box for the 3 point out of see ment :smokin:

Just a FYI loaded tires aren't a substitute for ballast. Loaded tires are for traction. Build yourself a ballast box for the 3 point out of see ment :smokin:
Yep, a ballast box (or any weight BEHIND the rear axle) will take weight off of the front axle, loaded tires and/or wheel weights will only add to the rear axle weight and can (if you try to lift enough) increase the weight on the front axle vs the same tractor without wheel weights or loaded tires.

Aaron Z

If you have the time then yes. This is pretty much what I wanted to do, but I feel there is too much competition in my area. I pass people pulling this kind of equipment everyday coming and going to work. Cheers to you and good luck if you do it.

Edit-To you side hustlers- How do you have the time for a side hustle? between working 50ish hours a week, taking care of my our sh*t, and family... If I did a side hustle I'd never be home. More power to yall for a better balance/sacrifice. :beer:
168 hours in a week. You have 118ish left.

Side job are extra money. Pick the skill that requires less time or complete the task and stick with it. Bonus if you can do it from home.

Top Back Refresh