What's new

Shredded Beef and Red Wine Meat Pie

Motorcharge

Unregistered User
Member Number
Loc
Virginia
Don't really have measurements for this one, but you'll figure it out.

Cook beef ribs however you prefer, preferably smoked. Though I did mine in a crock pot last time with with beef broth, beer, liquid smoke, salt, pepper, and rosemary and they came out great.

After cooked, remove bones and shred the meat.

In a pot, add veggie oil, half a chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, minced garlic, and the meat. Stir frequently until onions and mushrooms are mostly cooked. Add half a small can of tomato paste, salt, pepper, and fresh oregano and rosemary and some Worcestershire sauce. Mix everything together then add 1.5 cups of red wine. Simmer for about 10 minutes, then add about a tablespoon of flour and mix in well.

For the pie crust, you can make your own or the Pillsbury pizza crusts work well. I don't have a pie pan so i just used an 8x8 Pyrex dish and both pizza crusts that come in the box, press the edges together against the side with a fork, vent, and then bake per the instructions on the box. Can't recall the exact time and temp off hand, but just check it occasionally until the crust browns. I also do an egg wash on top.

image_27266.jpg

image_27267.jpg

image_27269.jpg

image_27268.jpg

Top Back Refresh