What's new

Show us your GM

jeepyj

Middlesex NY
Member Number
Loc
Middlesex NY
It's not the latest picture, but it's what I have at work.

sally.JPG

Gotta get some current pics, I own one of the very last Squares, a '91 V2500 with the 6.2L and a newly installed Banks turbo kit. Only 136K on the odo and original engine as far as I know. 7.5' Meyer snow blade, mostly stock otherwise. Gonna be my DD if the mileage figures work out where I think they will...

These are my two rigs.

71 Chevelle - 454/4 speed. SS clone. Cyl 1 has zero compression, so I'm in the process of preparing to replace the engine. I know it doesn't have a great reputation but I'm going to swap an L18 8.1L in from a mid 2000s 3500. Big block sound, modern fuel injection. I plan to leave the engine more or less stock. Just a set of headers and modifying the air intake so the throttle body exits straight forward instead of up at an angle for hood clearance. I plan to swap in a T56 6 speed to replace the 4 speed. I have a Dakota Digital dash for it to convert from the sweep style Malibu gages to the round SS style. I'm also installing a retro sound head unit at the same time. It'll get all new steering and suspension, plus some stock sized wheels to get rid of the god awful Foose garbage the PO installed. Goal is to have a reliable summer weekend cruiser that is nice to drive and has some modern conveniences.

03 Escalade - LLY Duramax / ZF6 / NP241. Solid axle swapped on a D60 / 14BFF. 3 link front / rear with king 2.5x14 coilovers and 2.5×4 hydro bumps. ARB lockers front and rear. 37" rubber. York OBA for the lockers and airing tires up. ARB front bumper originally intended for a landcruiser and the rear bumper off my old 95 2 door Tahoe with a swing out carrier. Has a '12 up center console with a subwoofer replacing the jump seat to keep that lux bose audio sounding good. Drives super nice. This chassis was originally under the Motherlode Yukon before it got lawn darted into a sand dune.

photo1670.jpg

photo1673.jpg

These are my two rigs.

71 Chevelle - 454/4 speed. SS clone. Cyl 1 has zero compression, so I'm in the process of preparing to replace the engine. I know it doesn't have a great reputation but I'm going to swap an L18 8.1L in from a mid 2000s 3500. Big block sound, modern fuel injection. I plan to leave the engine more or less stock. Just a set of headers and modifying the air intake so the throttle body exits straight forward instead of up at an angle for hood clearance. I plan to swap in a T56 6 speed to replace the 4 speed. I have a Dakota Digital dash for it to convert from the sweep style Malibu gages to the round SS style. I'm also installing a retro sound head unit at the same time. It'll get all new steering and suspension, plus some stock sized wheels to get rid of the god awful Foose garbage the PO installed. Goal is to have a reliable summer weekend cruiser that is nice to drive and has some modern conveniences.

03 Escalade - LLY Duramax / ZF6 / NP241. Solid axle swapped on a D60 / 14BFF. 3 link front / rear with king 2.5x14 coilovers and 2.5×4 hydro bumps. ARB lockers front and rear. 37" rubber. York OBA for the lockers and airing tires up. ARB front bumper originally intended for a landcruiser and the rear bumper off my old 95 2 door Tahoe with a swing out carrier. Has a '12 up center console with a subwoofer replacing the jump seat to keep that lux bose audio sounding good. Drives super nice. This chassis was originally under the Motherlode Yukon before it got lawn darted into a sand dune.

Two things:
1. Why do you say bad reputation for the 8.1L?
2. We need to see a build thread for the Escalade.
:beer::beer:

These are my two rigs.

The 8.1 is solid. Raylar engineering has what you need. Give it a 120mm throttle body and a cam and it'll be a monster. That stock 90mm is the same as a 6.0 and the 8.1 chokes after 4k rpm. A set of headers or an intake are worthless until you bump the throttle body enough to get the air in.

They also have terrible heads on them. More or less have to swap a new set of heads on to make the throttle body and intake mods do anything significant.

But, either way it will make more power and torque than a stock 79 truck smogger 454 running on 7 cylinders does.

I'll post something of a build thread for the two of them when I have some time. I'm in the middle of a move right now and busy boxing everything up and figuring out how I am going to move all my junk down to the new property 200 miles away.

Last edited:
I'll try and get around to not being lazy and getting both builds moved over here.

99 Sierra 1500, 06 D60 with Spartan, Ferd coils, extended radius arms, welded Sterling 10.5, 5.3/SM465/NP241, 44" PBRs on 12 bolt H1's.
Pirate-passaround 2002 Silverado 2500, Leaf sprung kingpin D80 front, LB7/Allison/NV273, 11.5 rear, 37" Cooper STT Pros.

M7hH4ZA.jpg

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

This was Tahoe...
This is our father son COVID project. Its taken a post apocalyptic theme. Originally bought for the 5.3 LS, but things changed...
20200514_222706.jpg

20190823_003215.jpg

20200514_222706.jpg

20200511_224754.jpg

20200511_224754.jpg

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200427_205240.jpg Views:	0 Size:	500.7 KB ID:	17997
My current project... super duty 60 front, 14 bolt rear, 4 link front and rear, 14" travel coilovers front and rear with air bumps, 6.0 with a cam, full hydro, 40" sticky treps, 1410 drivelines, 6l80e, underdrive, ford 205, triple sticks. Still gotta purchase a bunch of stuff, but it is getting progress made. hopefully be able to have most of the expensive parts by winter.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh