• Yes, pardon Snowden

Votes: 93 73.8%
  • No, do not pardon Snowden

Votes: 16 12.7%
  • Bacon, cheese burger

Votes: 17 13.5%

• Total voters

Deleted Member

I personally think Snowden should get a pardon. I also don't believe he should have been charged in the first place.

What say Irate?

Reactions: PAE
How that guy has managed to remain alive all this time....:eek:

While I am in favor of exposing politicians, I am not in favor of compromising field agents.

Politicians? I am sure many of them didn't know the extent of spying taking place on American citizens. So far as the field agents safety, they were given a heads up waaaaay in advance.

Which field agents did he expose?

Who told you he exposed field agents, the propganda arm for the established government elite, i.e. the fair and impartial media?

LOL

I didn't vote one way or the other, as I'm not fully informed on it. Yes, what I do know is from the media. Unless you've got top secret clearances, your knowledge came from the media as well.

I didn't vote one way or the other, as I'm not fully informed on it. Yes, what I do know is from the media. Unless you've got top secret clearances, your knowledge came from the media as well.

Maybe he has connected with NoobNever or Gonzalez gobbler. :confused:

Should be in front of a firing squad.
If he is innocent why is he hitting in ussrn

And we have all bare witness to how much the media will lie, misconstrue facts, and manipulate the people to protect the people they shill for.

My knowledge comes from the original in person interview with Edward Snowden, as it was recorded. No reason to listen to the media when you can listen to the source.

How that guy has managed to remain alive all this time....:eek:

Watch him talk about it. “You don’t want to live like me”. He won’t say much else.

im guessing it’s free room and board plus meals and expenses paid by Russia?

I know several former Specail forces guys that were set to become goverment contractors who would like a word or two with him. Instead of being able to be contractors and making big money they had to settle for being employees of the DOD.

I know several former Specail forces guys that were set to become goverment contractors who would like a word or two with him. Instead of being able to be contractors and making big money they had to settle for being employees of the DOD.

:Shrug:

It isn't Snowdens fault the Government was spying on it's citizens and molesting the FISA courts to do whatever they wanted. IMO, all he did was point it out. And I am glad he did, the American people deserved to know.

It's hard for me. I'm glad he exposed what he did but at the same time I dont want to see espionage rewarded. Definitely a tough one.

Is it espionage if you are protecting the very essence of the constitution and the 4th amendment though?

I get your line of reasoning here. I really do. But he did steal classified info and release it. Just because it is something we are glad about doesn't make it less illegal. To claim otherwise is just tribalism. Our guy good, their guy bad kinda crap.

I sympathize with why he did it and I realize we all have to take sides in any argument (stand for something or fall for everything, etc) but I'm still conflicted. :flipoff2:

Is it espionage if you are protecting the very essence of the constitution and the 4th amendment though?

It absolutely was. He had viable routes to address his concerns, outside of his current agency and he failed to use them. Fuck.That.Guy.

It absolutely was. He had viable routes to address his concerns, outside of his current agency and he failed to use them. Fuck.That.Guy.

When you find out that the government was spying on every single American and it was authorized by the highest levels of government, you may tend to not trust government as a whole.

:Shrug:

It isn't Snowdens fault the Government was spying on it's citizens and molesting the FISA courts to do whatever they wanted. IMO, all he did was point it out. And I am glad he did, the American people deserved to know.

Please tell me one thing that hs changed with his revelation, most of it we had already discussed over at the other place.
In 2016 the FBI got FISA warrents to spy on the Trum campaign how many years after Snowden made his revaluation?

He had viable routes to address his concerns, outside of his current agency and he failed to use them.

A fail/safe plan by having 2 bullets in back of head? Eddie noped out & decided against being a whistleblower so he could live another day...

P_D~ May I ask you what his options were-

I voted no, don't pardon him, but I don't think he should get life in prison or anything nutso like that. Trump won't pardon him in any case.

But NOTHING has changed since he leaked that stuff, has it? Name one thing that has changed for the better. Imagine what they are doing now - most of his info would be 10 years old now.

When you find out that the government was spying on every single American and it was authorized by the highest levels of government, you may tend to not trust government as a whole.

Saving meta data is not spying. There are several legal avenues for the US gov to look into a citizen's behavior, all of which are perfectly legal and have been for decades.

A fail/safe plan by having 2 bullets in back of head? Eddie noped out & decided against being a whistleblower so he could live another day...

P_D~ May I ask you what his options were-

Every agency has an Inspector General, the IC has one and Congress has one. Suppose NSA IG was only interested in keeping NSA out of trouble, there is still over a dozen IG's he could have gone to. He could have gone to the Congressional IG. The shit he stole and gave away was in a word egregious. He could have gone to any number of reporters. He stole thousands of US documents and fled to Chine and then Russia. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.

Top Back Refresh