What's new

Shot timers?

Gatorgrizz27

Member Number
I’ve been moving from shooting groups towards training with a purpose more lately, meaning different positions, reloads, focus on speed and accuracy, etc. I figure a shot timer would be beneficial to either impose time limits or measure how fast I can accomplish a drill. Looked at them on amazon and they run $110-$150, I was hoping for something a good bit less than that. This won’t be used for competition so extreme accuracy isn’t a huge deal. Is there anything out there in the sub $50 range that can be set to beep and then beep again after a preset number of seconds, and beep once, start time, then stop time after a pause in reading shots?

I’m aware that an iPhone has a stopwatch and timer function, but I don’t see how it would be useful for this without some app.

Thanks for the idea, it looks like this one may do the first part of what I’m wanting for $20. Says you can set interval beeps down to two seconds, looks like there is no way for it to sense shots though, you’ve got to stop it to measure time.

https://www.amazon.com/Gymboss-Inter...2736206&sr=8-6

I found this actual shot timer that pairs with a phone for $75. I’m generally not a big fan of the Bluetooth/app related stuff, but it’s the cheapest option I’ve seen.

https://www.rangetechtimer.com/

Gee youd think maybe there'd be an app for that.....
Try the app store with shooting timer. Theres only a dozen or so. I have one on my phone. It works almost as well as my regular timer.

Last edited:
Gee youd think maybe there'd be an app for that.....
Try the app store with shooting timer. Theres only a dozen or so. I have one on my phone. It works almost as well as my regular timer.

What’s the name of it? I’m not seeing anything useful, just a bunch stuff that allows you to log your training session times.

The one I have is PS Timer lite or Practical Shooting Timer lite. Its the free version it is for android though. I got it to try it out and it did everything I needed and since I have regular standalone timer, I didnt get the full version. It actually has a start tone and records the shots. It does first shot, strings, last shot, and splits. Its been a while since Ive used it but I believe it has a delay so you hit start and then after a set or even random time the start tone beeps.

Id wear it on my bicep in a phone holder or in a holster on my belt and it worked in both places.

The one I have is PS Timer lite or Practical Shooting Timer lite. Its the free version it is for android though. I got it to try it out and it did everything I needed and since I have regular standalone timer, I didnt get the full version. It actually has a start tone and records the shots. It does first shot, strings, last shot, and splits. Its been a while since Ive used it but I believe it has a delay so you hit start and then after a set or even random time the start tone beeps.

Id wear it on my bicep in a phone holder or in a holster on my belt and it worked in both places.

Thanks. Didn’t find that one but there are several that looks like they will work when I pulled up the App Store on my phone. None of them came up on my iPad.

Figured there had to be something, as the pieces are all there.

It might just be an android app. There has to be something for the iphone.

edit. I just looked apparently its not on google play anymore.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh