What's new

Shopping for a concealable Pistol

Double action revolver is in its own league. Lots of people can shoot them well, but it takes practice as does anything. And learning how to shoot them with a J frame isnt helping anything either.

Tiha.

Definitely not a single action for sure lol. And trying to ride the reset interesting. But if you have to pull it in defense I'm sure adrenaline will help with the pull lol.
You are not helping my desire to go buy new guns. LOL

I carry a 380 for deep conceal otherwise a 9, both are DAO. Both have custom modified short stroke triggers. They shoot similarly, Probably the best I could hope for.

I keep telling myself the same thing, adrenaline, no time to think and screw it up.

Fucking 642 Air weight is the only gun I've owned that I fuckin HATED lol. Traded it in for a Colt Cobra. Holy shit the difference.

That's the wife's carry gun.

I just switched to a revolver. Taurus 608. 8 shot .357. Getting old and slow. Just pull and shoot. No safety. No tap and rack. 8 rounds is better than 5 or 6. And good knock down power. Hopefully the right choice.

Double action revolver is in its own league. Lots of people can shoot them well, but it takes practice as does anything. And learning how to shoot them with a J frame isnt helping anything either.

I wanted a LCR, but a member on pbb years ago offered it up pretty cheap.

Fucking 642 Air weight is the only gun I've owned that I fuckin HATED lol. Traded it in for a Colt Cobra. Holy shit the difference.

That's the wife's carry gun.

I just switched to a revolver. Taurus 608. 8 shot .357. Getting old and slow. Just pull and shoot. No safety. No tap and rack. 8 rounds is better than 5 or 6. And good knock down power. Hopefully the right choice.

That's exactly what it is, just put an apex spring in it and meh, still not great. I figure all it's good for is extremely close encounters and shooting through a pocket, purse, ect.

Last edited:

That's exactly what it is, just put an apex spring in it and meh, still not great. I figure all it's good for is extremely close encounters and shooting through a pocket, purse, ect.

Tap and rack? This isn't a 90s action movie, 90%+ of us carry striker guns with one in the hole, draw and shoot.

26 year old low functioning son in the house. Only thing chambered is in a safe. On my hip is not while in the house. So I end up not chambered because I don't want to fuck up and forget before coming in. It's the wife's request and I respect it. Nearly 30 years together and puts up with me. She gets the respect from me.

Walk a mile in my shoes before you judge please.

So revolver is the get get around.

I was meaning the size of the gun. Grab a 4" or 6" 586/gp100 etc a couple coffee cans of 38's and get things figured out. Then work your way down to the micro guns

I was meaning the size of the gun. Grab a 4" or 6" 586/gp100 etc a couple coffee cans of 38's and get things figured out. Then work your way down to the micro guns

I've shot normal sized revolvers, I actually like them a lot. Just down own any because I have no use for one.

We have the airwieght, I don't think it's worth enough to sell, if someone offered a decent trade, I may go for it.

Last edited:
This exactly what I'm doing. The 608 is a full sized revolver. 4 inch ported barrel. get decent with it and I'll probably pick up a King Cobra just to drop the weight and size down. May end up staying with the 608. Who knows? Time will tell. I like the added capacity.

That's fine and all, but how is picking up a revolver, pulling the trigger and it going bang any safer than any auto gun?

I've shot normal sized revolvers, I actually like them a lot. Just down own any because I have no use for one.

We have the airwieght, I don't think it's worth enough to sell, if someone offered a decent trade, I may go for it.
Like I said it's my work around. The wife knows little about guns but knows that a revolver has to have bullets in it. Like I said dude, walk a mile in my shoes...

Everything in a safe is chambered. her revolver is a safe. mine is on my hip. I feel better and she is ok .

Edited my posts to keep this on topic.

If anyone wants to call me out for hgtd in chit chat feel free.:flipoff2:

Last edited:
Like I said it's my work around. The wife knows little about guns but knows that a revolver has to have bullets in it. Like I said dude, walk a mile in my shoes...

Everything in a safe is chambered. her revolver is a safe. mine is on my hip. I feel better and she is ok .

I usually don't carry with one chambered either. So don't feel bad. It is not popular to admit that. Pretty brave that you did.

When I am someplace shady or at night if we are out at about I might chamber one.

Seems like I have been doing it more and more lately.

But too many things can go wrong with a chambered weapon laying around. See it in the news all the time still. We have grandkids now and no matter how safe you are they get into everything.
Or what if I was playing in the bounce house with the grandkids and it falls out of my pocket and they pick it up and boom.

Just scary.

I am old and slow. Never win a quick draw contest anyway.

Try this if you want a miserable revolver experience

I have been looking really hard at the FN Reflex 9mm that came out not too long ago. I am wanting to replace my 1st gen Shield .40 that I can't seem to shoot well. fn reflex - Google Search
I have a Glock30 that was just like that. It took a LONG time to discipline myself to shoot that brick accurately (I would pull to the left by this much ><). As soon as I "mastered" the G30 I went to a Sig P365 MacroX/XMacro/whatever (wanted a 9). Having invested the time to shoot the Glock really paid off when I shoot the Sig, though. And I didn't even have Sig on the shopping list (M&P/VP9/G17) but I knew I was going buy it the second it was handed to me. Personally, I avoided sub-compact grips and chose one that I can get all my fingers on. And it's my EDC. Go fondle some NOT on your list...

Did a Galloway short trigger in my G3c....big improvement in the reset travel needed.

Did a Galloway short trigger in my G3c....big improvement in the reset travel needed.
I have done galloway on most of my junk. S&W body gaurd, Ruger lcp and EC9. It was an improvement on all of them.

It made the ruger LCP more accurate than the S&W. (with me firing them) Was very disappointed in the S&W body guard out of the box.

Only gun I had problems with was the CPX-2. The galloway kit made it worthless. Frequent misfires, Hurt to shoot. I took it back to stock planning on selling it off, but went back to the range, tested and it is an okay gun again.

That Ruger LCP, I bought it from a guy at work who hated it, so it was cheap. I hated it too, but after the Galloway parts and hogue grip it is my favorite Deep carry gun.

Would recommend Galloway for any firearm you are not completely happy with.

I have a Glock30 that was just like that. It took a LONG time to discipline myself to shoot that brick accurately (I would pull to the left by this much ><). As soon as I "mastered" the G30 I went to a Sig P365 MacroX/XMacro/whatever (wanted a 9). Having invested the time to shoot the Glock really paid off when I shoot the Sig, though. And I didn't even have Sig on the shopping list (M&P/VP9/G17) but I knew I was going buy it the second it was handed to me. Personally, I avoided sub-compact grips and chose one that I can get all my fingers on. And it's my EDC. Go fondle some NOT on your list...
Went to the NRA convention a few weeks ago and fondled more firearms than I can remember. My favorite gun is my FNX 45 Tactical, I am too fat to stick that in my pants though:lmao:. When I want a pistol, I'll rent several from Range USA and try them out.

Went to the NRA convention a few weeks ago and fondled more firearms than I can remember. My favorite gun is my FNX 45 Tactical, I am too fat to stick that in my pants though:lmao:. When I want a pistol, I'll rent several from Range USA and try them out.
The FNX45T with a viper is one of my favorites, but my favorite is a Para P13.

Went into the local gun store today to burn some time. Noticed the had sig p320 and 365 fire control groups for sale by themselves.

20230512_133641.jpg

Kinda an interesting idea if you want to add custom shit anyway. Even the small store had a variety of grip modules, barrels and mags.

I also picked up a standard 365 grip module and 10 round mag with the slight pinky extension. I'm thinking the wife may be able to conceal it easier. If not it's an easy switch.

Edit to add pics. I swear I'm no sig fan Boi, but it sure looks like it :homer::laughing:

Just size reference for anyone curious.

365, 365xl and 365x macro.

20230512_161257.jpg
20230512_161311.jpg

10 rnd with slight pinky extension, 12 round, and 17 round mag in 365 for reference.

20230512_161442.jpg
20230512_161709.jpg
20230512_161723.jpg

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh