What's new

Shopping For A Bead Roller

Gdogg

Trump Supporter
Member Number
Loc
Michigan
I'm looking to buy a bead roller and looking for advise. I want to be able to do 16ga, have power drive and have the most versatility.
I see some rollers use 3/4 shafts and some have 20mm shafts. It there a preferred size? maybe tooling is more common with one size??
What rolls are the most common use use??
I'm open for any suggestions or advise.

This one has my attention right now.
Mittler Bros. 36

I've had the mittler for a few years. Excellent machine and the rolls are pretty cheap. The metric rolls seem to be about twice the cost as the 3/4.

So there's that much difference in the price of the tooling.... Good to know, That makes the Mittler look more like the one I want to buy. Thanks

22mm from Eastwood is good good because there is lots of options for it like tank roll and such. I have one and just ordered some more dies for it as well. One piece of advice is to strengthen it with some box tubing welded on the back side of it since it will deflect otherwise and make it hard to complete the pattern with start/stop spots in the same orientation. Woodward has a good bead roller with a 19mm ID dies and I may go that route and drill them out for my Eastwood bead roller since they have more individual die sets that I would want.

Last edited:

Top Back Refresh