What's new

Shop and Tools: Tips and Tricks

Def fill spout fits on brake fluid gallon.
1000040001.jpg

Been using it lately and hadnt heard about it til a neighbor told me a few years ago.

Use a shop vac when digging post holes to get the dirt out of the hole. Much faster with me using the digging bar and the kid sucking all the first out than using post hole digger

I saw this tip here but unsure of the thread… maybe it’s inside this one but for the sake of posting… the no swag no problem version of a vertical bandsaw. Apparently the foot doesn’t easily remove off of my unit… I really dislike the swag setup for my model of saw.

I’d like to figure out how to make a table to have more support when cutting

Attachments

• IMG_5340.jpeg
    IMG_5340.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
I saw this tip here but unsure of the thread… maybe it’s inside this one but for the sake of posting… the no swag no problem version of a vertical bandsaw. Apparently the foot doesn’t easily remove off of my unit… I really dislike the swag setup for my model of saw.

I’d like to figure out how to make a table to have more support when cutting
For right now (until you build a table) instead of clamping your saw like you are, clamp it by the tee handle at the top of the saw. Put that in the vise, and let the saw droop until the back of the saw bumps against the vise. (the tee handle is clamped sideways in the vise).

This way your saw is well supported, not just hanging by that flimsy blade guard thing.

Top Back Refresh