What's new

Shocks

Onebad68

Kind of a big deal
Member Number
Loc
Hermiston, Oregon
I am finally to the point that I need to get some shocks ordered up for my newest project. It is an 87' V10 that has been swapped over to a dana60 and 14bff with an 8" lift and 38" Toyos. I am looking for something that is gonna offer the best ride possible given I have 8" front springs I am looking for whatever improvement I can get. This will be almost all on-road miles for the most part at this time, I had one back in high school and am now re-living it with a better budget this time.

Anyways, I think I would like to get some Bilsteins on it but am having a hard time looking up what I am wanting. Last few times I went to the shock surplus website, punched in what I had and it gave me a list of compatible shocks. I am striking out this time and their website is a 404 and not working.

I am looking for a front shock that is 23" at ride height and a rear shock at 28" ride height. Does anyone have a part number that will fit the bill or point me to a vendor that can get me squared away?

Here is an obligatory picture of the truck I am working on.

Attachments

• D8A53BF6-0738-4FBE-9A5A-26744E0AF3EE.jpeg
    D8A53BF6-0738-4FBE-9A5A-26744E0AF3EE.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 13
I am finally to the point that I need to get some shocks ordered up for my newest project. It is an 87' V10 that has been swapped over to a dana60 and 14bff with an 8" lift and 38" Toyos. I am looking for something that is gonna offer the best ride possible given I have 8" front springs I am looking for whatever improvement I can get. This will be almost all on-road miles for the most part at this time, I had one back in high school and am now re-living it with a better budget this time.

Anyways, I think I would like to get some Bilsteins on it but am having a hard time looking up what I am wanting. Last few times I went to the shock surplus website, punched in what I had and it gave me a list of compatible shocks. I am striking out this time and their website is a 404 and not working.

I am looking for a front shock that is 23" at ride height and a rear shock at 28" ride height. Does anyone have a part number that will fit the bill or point me to a vendor that can get me squared away?

Not sure this will help or not. I just got bilstein's for my 91 burb with a taller 6" lift. 33-185552 front, 33-185569. The lengths are in the description in the pic. I can't comment on ride quality yet. For reference my front shocks ride height is 21 3/4" and rear is 25 3/4". Those numbers may just be a jumping off point. Screenshot_20220306-171029.png Screenshot_20220306-170918.png

Top Back Refresh