What's new

Shishito Chili Peppers

rockmup

El Hefe
Member Number
Loc
Greenwell Springs LA.
I had these at a Ramen place, holy crap they're good.
Wen't home and found them for sale on amazon, lol Super simple to make, put them in a Tupperware or whatever and drizzle with an oil of your choice, I used avocado oil. HOT skillet, pot or even a grill, blister them to your liking. I prefer them slightly under cooked so that the pepper is firm. Don't crowd them, they have long stems and are hard to turn. Could clip them I guess

Plate and sprinkle with sea salt, lightly drizzle with mayo. I've also used honey mustard. Fantastic with grilled shrimp.

Shishito 1.JPG

Shishito 2.JPG

Shishito .JPG

Our grocery store occasionally carries them. I drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Put them on the grill on a hot cast iron pan.

Get em at Costco or Trader Joes. Grill on the gas grill or the Egg. With sea salt, pepper and avocado oil. Dericious

Interesting

My mom used to can waxed peppers when I was a kid. What do the Shoshitos compare to?

* I think I may have had those in something while stationed in Korea

Last edited:
Bought some yesterday and tried them in the air fryer. Turned out excellent. Drizzled with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper like normal. Wife did them at 400 for 6-7 mins. She checked on them and shook the basket a couple of times.

They’re a mild heat. Unless you get one and the seeds have been woken up from being grilled and can be a little more spicy (nothing close to a jalapeño, for reference). Overall great flavor and mild heat.

They’re a mild heat. Unless you get one and the seeds have been woken up from being grilled and can be a little more spicy (nothing close to a jalapeño, for reference). Overall great flavor and mild heat.

Putting these on the Friday town run shopping list

I had these for the first time this weekend, and damn they were delicious. I think they were just done with a bit of evoo and salt.

Top Back Refresh