What's new

Shipping dispute: Quincy 325 weight

montrose818

Banned
Member Number
Loc
SoCal
Shipped a 1970 Quincy 325-13, just the head and wheel. I could lift it off the ground, so I figured let me just out 250lb to be safe, shipped UPS via uship.

Delivered, UPS claims 330lb and wants to charge me $130 extra, through uship.

I found one document that says 295lb but that seems like twice than what I woukd guess.

Could the thing really be 300lb???

Last edited:
Quincy web site lists shipping weight at 295lbs. If you packaged up real good i can see it being in the 300lb range.

They probably ship it bolted to a small pallet with a thin plywood cover. How did you package it for shipping?

I put it on platform from 2x4, and then plywood all the way around. I am not trying to argue 10-20lb, just could have sworn its less.

Forgot to say, seller says he weighted it at 185lb.

I put it on platform from 2x4, and then plywood all the way around. I am not trying to argue 10-20lb, just could have sworn its less.

Forgot to say, seller says he weighted it at 185lb.
Ask seller for a pic?

Wait...seller? Who are you, then?

Ask seller for a pic?

Wait...seller? Who are you, then?

I Am Love.

sorry i am the seller, i meant the buyer. uship wants the weight on a "certified scale". Buyer received it a week and a half ago and I dont really want to ask him to jump through hoops to go weight the thing. Itsnot exactly a box is cereal

A few years ago I had a couple of engine blocks shipped LTL to my work through uship. Not UPS but Old Dominion.

I had set up a specific delivery time to ensure a forklift and driver(me) was available. They didn't show up on time and after about an hour I had go out on the boat to go do some actual work.

When we got back the pallet was in the parking lot.

A couple days later I got an e-mail from uship saying I owed money for liftgate service. I told them I wasn't paying because of the shipper no showing. Never heard anything after that.

Anyways. Did they provide a shipping quote, or estimate? If the pallet was within weight and dimensions, and they already delivered it. Then don't do anything.

Just switch back to Spawny on your next shipment so they don't add the outstanding balance

I swear what passes for "shipping" in today's market is nuthin short of amazing !

Ah feel yo pain.

I've been chasing FedEx for a couple weeks over $100, because their counter ijit defaulted my 1.5lb package to Australia to "dimensional weight" of 11lbs. A FedEx Small box would have to be poured full of concrete to weigh 11 lbs. Tards.

Top Back Refresh