What's new

Shipping a tractor cost

Texas97

Surgical Shotgunner
Member Number
Loc
Texas
I may be buying a rebuilt tractor from out of state, any guesses on what I may have to shell out per mile? probably going to be 15,000 lbs and may have to unmount the duals and load on first. the haul may be 1700 miles or it may be 600 miles.

Call some local tractor dealerships and ask who they use and call the truckers directly and ask?

i dont got a union job or a flat bill that would let me take 2 weeks off to drive around the country :flipoff2: 2big bronco

where's scooter2374 at? im sure hes ready to turn a 7 day haul into a 14 day haul? :flipoff2::flipoff2:​​​​​​​

Have you been to a protest lately? You don't look so good. I think there is a good chance you were exposed to Covid19 and need to self "quarantine" for 2 weeks. Boom, there ya go. Have a great trip. Post pics!

$2.00 - $2.50 is more like it.

Know a guy who had good luck shipping a small plot combine with tractor transport or something along those lines. Not sure on what the rate was though.

$1.50 is stupid cheap. I pay ~$2.25 a mile for RGN, but it's not a wide load.

15k isnt that heavy. Don't you have a decent truck and could borrow a GN?

$1.50 is stupid cheap. I pay ~$2.25 a mile for RGN, but it's not a wide load.

15k isnt that heavy. Don't you have a decent truck and could borrow a GN?

I do drive a late model one ton SRW but don't have a goose that'll do 15k , mine is GVWR of 16k and weighs 4500lbs empty.

Also that's a 3-4 day round trip, depending on final mileage. And let's say it's a 2000 mile total run, it's about $500 in diesel. By the time you get down to it, it's worth the $1.50-$2 to not blow several days off work

I do drive a late model one ton SRW but don't have a goose that'll do 15k , mine is GVWR of 16k and weighs 4500lbs empty.

Also that's a 3-4 day round trip, depending on final mileage. And let's say it's a 2000 mile total run, it's about $500 in diesel. By the time you get down to it, it's worth the $1.50-$2 to not blow several days off work

It's safe to ignore the empty weight of the trailer if you really need something and take the back way home. I wouldn't hesitate to put 15k on that trailer.

Top Back Refresh