What's new

Share your Offroad IH

ihpartsjeff

IH Expert Guy
Member Number
Loc
Grass Valley, CA
First post for this forum. Let's see a picture of your offroad IH rig. And to prove it's an offroad rig, picture must be of it wheeling, not flexing out on jack stands in the garage.
004-ua2019-day7-jeff-ismail.jpg

79 SSII 345 T19 wide- Dana 300 3.73 gears. Powertrax front locker, Detroit true trac rear locker. IHPA reverse shackle and SOA kit with partsmike high steer. 35" maxxis Razr tires.

Soon to be added is PSC ram assist, pump, remote reservoir etc.

This was our first outing actually wheeling the scout other than the night before in the pitch black darkness following a drunk guy in a TJ through these trails. SKETCH! However where he got stuck the scout never faltered one bit!

photo9843.jpg

photo9844.jpg

photo9845.jpg

You guys are wheeling my dream daily. I’m jealous to say the least, as all the ih in my area are just a pile of rust by now

Thursday night at Moyie mud bogs I broke the front double cardan on the tank trap. The picture is Friday morning while people were at work. Later in the day I found someone with parts for $20 and a welder for a jug of apple pie moonshine. Friday night I broke a stub shaft and spit out a hub. Apple pie broke it, fixed it then broke it again. :lmao:
_nc_ohc=qAZMRA2KP94AX-Hkk3y&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

^^^loving the new wheeler Jeff. Is the thought to fix the Scout and keep it a little cleaner after the flop/roll a year+ back??

Didn't know where else to post it. Bounced in and out of here from time it time looking for tech and ideas, Figured I should make an introduction. I live in Eastern Iowa where I manage an Offroad Shop. I have built a bunch of rigs over the years, most recently my 1970 IH Scout 800 and the new shop truck 1956 Willys Pickup. Just getting back to being on forums and will do a write up on both rigs in the near future

Attachments

• Scout 3.JPG
    Scout 3.JPG
    351.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Otis 3.jpg
    Otis 3.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 18
Didn't know where else to post it. Bounced in and out of here from time it time looking for tech and ideas, Figured I should make an introduction. I live in Eastern Iowa where I manage an Offroad Shop. I have built a bunch of rigs over the years, most recently my 1970 IH Scout 800 and the new shop truck 1956 Willys Pickup. Just getting back to being on forums and will do a write up on both rigs in the near future
Can't wait for full write up on Tetanus.

Top Back Refresh