What's new

Service Ribbon Experts......What is this ribbon for?

xr-nut

GROUP W BENCH
Member Number
Loc
BFK. Bum Fuck Kansas
Someone left this in my geocache on my lot. Its a keybox on a pole, so it barely fit. I cannot find it on any branch listing. Anyone know what its for? TIA
ribbon.jpg

ribbon.jpg

I tried to clean up your awful photo taken in the Stygian black of midnight, Ansel Adams:

CW9Edq7.jpg

And it looks like the Air Force Training Ribbon, but not exactly:

AFBMTribbons-a0f47490b2e84eccbf99bcc24b0c31c9.png

But there are a few different styles of the AF Training Ribbon so it seems like a candidate.

I tried to clean up your awful photo taken in the Stygian black of midnight, Ansel Adams:

But there are a few different styles of the AF Training Ribbon so it seems like a candidate.

Made me chuckle, but unless there is another BMT ribbon not shown there, doubt thats it. I will have to go pull my ribbons out of the closet and see which basic ribbon I have. Fairly certain its the top one, blue-red-yellow

Made me chuckle, but unless there is another BMT ribbon not shown there, doubt thats it. I will have to go pull my ribbons out of the closet and see which basic ribbon I have. Fairly certain its the top one, blue-red-yellow

But you're not going to take a better photo? Adjusting the gamma doesn't add information to the photo, it just changes the shade of the pixels. You need to cast more photons on that ribbon so that they can bounce off and provide more photons to the CCD of your phone.

Turn on a light.

It doesn't appear to be anything US. I looked up Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, NOAA, Merchant Marine, Civil Air Patrol, Coast Guard Auxillary, and Public Health awards for The USA.

Got nothing.

But you're not going to take a better photo? Adjusting the gamma doesn't add information to the photo, it just changes the shade of the pixels. You need to cast more photons on that ribbon so that they can bounce off and provide more photons to the CCD of your phone.

Turn on a light.

it's still brown not red and the spacing is way off to be a AFTR or BMT

it's still brown not red and the spacing is way off to be a AFTR or BMT

Ok, but you can't tell if it's brown or red from the light, it looks faded to me. And what is the background color? Can't tell due to the light.

Turn on a light.

20200616_153904.jpg

Ok, but you can't tell if it's brown or red from the light, it looks faded to me. And what is the background color? Can't tell due to the light.

good point regarding the camera flash and the white background. seems like the ribbon red usually fades lighter instead of darker though, so even with the colors being all fucked up, i'm sticking with 'not typical service red' for being the stripe color.

No comment on focus, Mr. F64 Adams?

I can't take a better pic with my old S5! :lmao:

I'm assuming he's got it as close as he can get to focus. The only thing that will fix it is literally more ambient light. The camera will play better if it has more to work with. Sunlight or GOOD ambient light not your $.99 WalMart CFLs or Incandescent.

I'm also assuming this is the best he can do right now so....

If he could get into a room with sunlight shining in it but not directly on the ribbon it would probably work... Cell phones as old as an S5 don't play well in low-light.

I went through all the branches and state national guard units and couldn't find anything like this.

Haven't checked my refs at work but one thing to consider with older ribbons is that color fade can make it a pain to correctly ID them.

Top Back Refresh