What's new

Sell home to realestate Investor Group - Anyone done it?

ROCKTACO

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Colorado
I'm in a spot trying to buy another home, and the whole process would be so much easier if I found a cash buyer. Any one here use, or know someone who has used one of those realestate envestor groups. I've had everal flyers droped on my doorstep, and I've always thought their is no way they can offer a fair value, but thought I would ask here.

I did it to escape New Jersey (yeah it sucks). Looking back; I would have languished their fucking around getting the house ready to sell; paying crazy ass property taxes and dealing with real estate agents. I let the house go for about $70k under market; but I closed in three weeks with nothing more than a title check and a walk through. The company is "We buy Ugly Homes"; I think it is national.

IMHO: That so called 70k loss was worth every penny!

OP: Watch out for so called cash buyers that try and pull a quick flip. They will try and hook some low-life into buying your home. I think they scam the down payment, during the mortgage process and then scoot out of town.

my inlaws keep flirting with the idea as mom doesn't like where she is at. everytime they've inquired it gets returned with about a 50% valuation offer and the strong line of "but we don't care about anything!"

for 50%, it is worth caring about some things :laughing:

Zillow was buying houses at good prices.

Some coworkers of mine did it in the denver metro area. They start with market value, then took 6% right off the top. Then did a very intense walkthrough and cut a little off here and there for items that needed to be fixed.

Both of them said the outcome was worth it. No BS back and forth or sales falling though, no showings/having to keep the house clean with toddlers, close at a predetermined date that was convenient.

Some coworkers of mine did it in the denver metro area. They start with market value, then took 6% right off the top. Then did a very intense walkthrough and cut a little off here and there for items that needed to be fixed.

Both of them said the outcome was worth it. No BS back and forth or sales falling though, no showings/having to keep the house clean with toddlers, close at a predetermined date that was convenient.[/QUOTE

Any chance you can find out who they used?

I have a handful of lots across the country left and about once a year I get a letter in the mail from a "we buy land" type real estate investor. I have excepted every offer except 1 where we negotiated and came to an agreement. 6 property's in the last 4 or 5 years and every one has gone smooth.

I get the letters about once a year or two for some land I own next to my home. They usually go up about 10k each time, so I'm in no hurry. Can't image you getting full market price from groups like that, though. I expect them to be in it for a "good deal" so to speak. But if you're in a hurry I guess it could be a good thing.

I get the letters about once a year or two for some land I own next to my home. They usually go up about 10k each time, so I'm in no hurry. Can't image you getting full market price from groups like that, though. I expect them to be in it for a "good deal" so to speak. But if you're in a hurry I guess it could be a good thing.

Yea I'm sure their looking to lowball folks, but if I cant find somone willing to do close to -10% as said above then it would be something Ihave to consider.

Both of them said the outcome was worth it. No BS back and forth or sales falling though, no showings/having to keep the house clean with toddlers, close at a predetermined date that was convenient.[/QUOTE

Any chance you can find out who they used?

They sold to opendoor

ETA: Must be a smaller house to be at 480 in castle rock. I would have moved there but i was told that i couldnt move my step-son to another new school

We did it in December of 2017. Went to an open house on a whim 6 months before we were ready to market ours, fell in love with the house and decided to make it happen. Since the plan had been to finish the upgrades on the current house before selling we found a flipper to purchase it instead. I didn't need to clear a bunch off of it (and wasn't going to anyways by the time the upgrades were factored in), I just needed to make it go away for more than I owed on it. We talked to 4 investors, and got offers, 2 of them were insultingly low (offering 25-30% of the comped value), 1 was from my realtor who was a personal friend and did some of his own investing, and the offer we went with was a local investor we didn't have a personal relationship with. In the end we went with the 4th offer, as it was about $10k over what I needed to get, and since my realtor was a friend I didn't want him to loose money on the deal, as from the numbers he and I both ran the margins were tight.

We went through it on an open house after the flippers had finished, and it was clear why they could offer what they did, their costs were lower than mine or my realtors would have been, as they cut a LOT of corners, and hid a bunch of stuff we were going to fix correctly...

I sold my last house to one of them.

Easy process.

Yes they pay less than retail.

You will not get the same money or even close to it that you could sell the house for.

I was in a bad spot and needed the money, I sold it very quickly to them.

Well it looks like the investor option is off the table for now, Went to market last night and have full price offer no contingencies at 8AM.

Top Back Refresh