What's new

Seekins Hit

Roc Doc

2A SNBI
Member Number
Loc
Way out West.
I've got one of these on order in FDE, chambered of course in the Gay Tiger 6mm. Once they come out with a .223 bolt face and barrel, I'll probably get that as well. Gonna shoot production class next year, so should have plenty of time to tune up a load of 109 Bergers, and using my Omega 300 can. It checks all the boxes for me, user swapable barrels, a dust cover (in a bolt gun!), 20moa rail, ARCA forend with integrated barrier stop. Gonna be my sub $3k gun, with a Vortex Viper PST II that I got on closeout.

Havak HIT Pro

new_website_pic.jpg

not a fan of the dust cover. can't think of anything more useless.

do not like the mag release, but not clear exactly how it functions from the pictures.

Best he's seen on the stock? Never handled a Whiskey 3 folder? An AI AX? Cadex? If so that's a ridiculously bold claim.

Pretty decent for the price point. Will definitely compete with the bergaras and the RPR and the Salvages

Best he's seen on the stock? Never handled a Whiskey 3 folder? An AI AX? Cadex? If so that's a ridiculously bold claim.

Pretty decent for the price point. Will definitely compete with the bergaras and the RPR and the Salvages
I didn't hear him make any direct comparisons, but as they say in the Equine world, "Get three horse people together, and two of 'em will be telling the other one he's doing it wrong."

I have a KRG chassis, and although it's a non-folder, it does everything I need, but I had to add the Arca rail, add the spigot mount, etc.. I've shot Cadex, and MPA and AI chassis guns and they'll all do the job. I'm getting this specifically for Production class, and after fondling it at Shot and knowing Seekins reputation, it's on the way.

I'm so used to bad news in the gun world now that I read the thread title and thought "WTF did Seekins do to get the ATF's attention?"

That's a sweet rifle, wish we had more places to play with long range stuff around here.

I am guessing, the barrel does not index because of no sight? And why no torque needed on barrel ? Just screw it in hand tight and a set screw?

I am guessing, the barrel does not index because of no sight? And why no torque needed on barrel ? Just screw it in hand tight and a set screw?
In the video he called it a set screw, but it's a clamp. So yes, hand tight and torque the clamp.

It's not meant as a switch barrel where you don't have any POI shift after a barrel change, but more as a user serviceable barrel as in you don't have to use a gunsmith to do a re-barrel. Not an issue for a hunter that may never wear out a barrel, but a PRS shooter may have a need for a new barrel every year.

Well it showed up a month or so ago. Got 150 rounds down the pipe and developed a load for it with RL16 and Berger 109's, which come out just under 3000 fps. Went to the zero range this AM and did some tuning with the tuner brake and got it to shoot under 1/2" at 100 so that's more than adequate for the PRS targets.

Multiple hits on a 4" square at 682 and 4 out of 5 on a full size IPSC at 1377 16.2 Mils, (My buddy Ryan has one in 6CM and he needed 14.4 mils with factory Hornady 108's). First comp will be on Sunday.

0107231111a_HDR.jpg

And...I suck. The COF was super hard, like shooting off a steep rooftop going downhill hard. The top finisher dropped 7 shots in 6 stages, and the guy that usually kicks all our asses dropped 20! So I didn't feel too bad and I leared a lot, I try to squad up with the best shooters so I can learn what works.

It was still fun for sure

cool! Looks like a nice setup but spendy. Understand that this is a mid range gun on what some spend. Lucas from Trex was talkign about dropping 10k but decided to start with a mid range setup to start with. :shaking:

cool! Looks like a nice setup but spendy. Understand that this is a mid range gun on what some spend. Lucas from Trex was talkign about dropping 10k but decided to start with a mid range setup to start with. :shaking:
Just like in most sports, it's more the Indian, not the arrow. Take this Production class rig and put it in the hands of a top pro, and they'll whoop up a non skilled shooter with the very best gear. I'm at that point where I'm still getting better every time and the gear is not the limiting factor .

And as far as cost goes, I always say, "Yeah a $600 bipod is expensive, but its still cheaper than motorsports."

Last edited:
Nice set up. When setting up my Bergara 300PRC I went back and forth on the bipod. My cheap ass finally said fuck it and bit the bullet and got the Atlas PRS. Holy fuck is it NICE!

Need to get another for my Howa 1500 .308 be cause I hate the cheap one I put on it lol.

Nice set up. When setting up my Bergara 300PRC I went back and forth on the bipod. My cheap ass finally said fuck it and bit the bullet and got the Atlas PRS. Holy fuck is it NICE!

Need to get another for my Howa 1500 .308 be cause I hate the cheap one I put on it lol.
I'm an Atlas guy, although I have some Harris as well, but had to borrow a MDT CKYE pod on one stage because the Atlas doesn't have enough cant. Yeah, it's an $800 bipod, I want one but in the three years I've been doing this it's the only time my Atlas wouldn't do the job. :laughing:

MDT CKYE-POD Gen2 Double Pull

Yeah, when was the last time you guys shot a match? That shit-show in Flagstaff? :laughing:
:lmao::lmao:

I've shot at least 4 end of last yr...this month was canceled due to shot show..

Also shot 2 more steel challenge...the ones at pro gun club are like 7 stages with 20 to 30 rounds a stage..got CY,s kid hooked.:laughing: so he has been shooting both with me.

Last steel shoot was 180 rounds....I went through like 210 :homer::lmao:

Been drizzling off and on here for 2 days...

Dean's lot in Utah is getting pounded..has at least 3 to 4 feet this week

Shot my second match with it and the last of my zero fired brass, (just mandreled). Got second in my class, but a ways down from the top open finishers, (mid pack as usual). Now i'll start to use the fire formed loads, as the shoulder bump in factory Hornady brass is notoriously short, so getting the cartridge a bit farther into the chamber should help. Just have to re-zero the scope and see what the next match brings.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh