What's new

Seeds from China - something's fucky

evernoob

Reactionary
Member Number
Don't plant the seeds!

You guys hear about this?

People are getting packages of seeds from China. Like 40 people in a neighborhood will get the seeds. I've seen stories about this from Louisiana, Virginia, Washington, Utah, and the United Kingdom.

Suspicion is they are 'invasive species' sent to damage our agriculture or whatever. As if kudzu and cats haven't done enough.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/...244479272.html

Mysterious seed packets from China sent to dozens of people in 3 states, officials say

Residents in Washington, Utah and Virginia have received small packages of seeds in the mail that appear to be sent from China, officials said.

https://wgno.com/news/ldaf-louisiana...ds-from-china/

LDAF: Louisiana resident receives mystery seeds from China

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/vi...hy/ar-BB179BlR
You might get an unsolicited package of seeds from China. Don't open it. Here's why

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ent-China.html
Hundreds of British gardeners 'receive unsolicited deliveries of garden seeds sent from China marked as ear studs'
  • Hundreds of British gardeners received unsolicited deliveries of Chinese seeds
  • Horticulturalists have warned people not to plant the extra seeds in their garden
  • The Royal Horticultural Society says importing plants and seeds poses risks
  • New pests and diseases could result from these unwanted seeds in the UK
Guys are they seeding us with pods? :eek: What is up with these nefarious doings? Are these seeds mystery seeds, why can't a horticulturalist analyze them? Why haven't they been sampled genetically by the Feds?

Are they trying to ruin our Ag? This is not something a private company would do. Hundreds of different people in one location get the seeds, it's clearly an act of aggression.

2020 just keeps getting fucking stranger. :rasta:

IMG_8274-e1595628625414.jpg

Last edited:
That's an extremely strange story.
I do agree about why no seed ID's, I'd think horticulturalist should be able to tell at least what family the seeds are likely from, like are they maybe legumes, flower type seeds, fruit seeds/pit, surely somebody can narrow this down a little pretty easily you'd think.
That of course that lends a hint of mystery to the story, but that's the part that makes me skeptical, as I know that from experience at least in Indiana our state lab could easily do 24hrs or less on potential rabies infected animals, so I'd think there already be some basic identification info out there.

That got to bugging me so I did some more digging and looks like there might already be a precedent for this kind of thing.
Apparently there's something known as brushing, a scam run by chinese companies to boost their e-commerce profile rating on AlieExpress, etc (you know the usual scumbags), and apparently it's been going on for quite sometime, despite it supposedly being illegal in china.
Sounds like what they do is get an address or even blocks of addresses and they ship lots of super cheap insignificant shit to that address(es).
They can do this because of pricing policies of the United Postal Union and subsidies from the U.S. Postal Service, so they can ship ass loads of these small packages of junk to the U.S damn near free which also happens to be way the fuck cheaper than mailing within china.

Here ya go.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadesh...s-and-cant-do-anything-about-it/#1f15b2d773da

https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/2...ng-e-commerce/

Fuck China. Fuck everything about China.

If we knew then what we know now about China, we might have sat back a while and let the Japanese finish them off. Would have been doing the world a favor.

WWIII will be between the US and China.

Couldn't this be considered an act of war? It would have to be on a decent scale of course but I'm thinking if true and I were a leader. I'd be having a talk with China about it.
Intentional economic destruction is a pretty good reason to nuke somebody.

If we knew then what we know now about China, we might have sat back a while and let the Japanese finish them off. Would have been doing the world a favor.

and Russia too. Not sure whose side they would be on, which is the scary part.

Turkey has been up to some stuff lately too.

This global pandemic lock down has helped to create a sense of building pressure too.

Couldn't this be considered an act of war? It would have to be on a decent scale of course but I'm thinking if true and I were a leader. I'd be having a talk with China about it.
Intentional economic destruction is a pretty good reason to nuke somebody.

If that's the case, why isn't China a parking lot right now (because COVID)?

Dude, I said this same thing to my wife in like February. I said it's amazing how our actions of the past have come to haunt us today...Japan was committing mass genocide on the Chinese. If it wasn't for us, they'd all be gone. If only the Japanese would've waited a year or two to hit Pearl Harbor.

and Russia too. Not sure whose side they would be on, which is the scary part.

Turkey has been up to some stuff lately too.

This global pandemic lock down has helped to create a sense of building pressure too.

Russian is known for flipping sides in wars. :laughing:

Remington and New England Westinghouse sent them millions of Mosin Nagants for WWI. Then they allied with Hiter, until Stalin got scared of Fascism and then allied with the U.S. Fuck, they're wishy washy...they seem to trade sides as soon as they see who "might' be the victor.

The US in WWIII would fare well with a leader with some balls. If it happened with someone like Obama, we'd be fucked.

From what I have learned from the Pacific theater in WWII, there is no way I would want to fuck with Japan again. I'm glad we're allies.

That's an extremely strange story.
I do agree about why no seed ID's, I'd think horticulturalist should be able to tell at least what family the seeds are likely from, like are they maybe legumes, flower type seeds, fruit seeds/pit, surely somebody can narrow this down a little pretty easily you'd think.
That of course that lends a hint of mystery to the story, but that's the part that makes me skeptical, as I know that from experience at least in Indiana our state lab could easily do 24hrs or less on potential rabies infected animals, so I'd think there already be some basic identification info out there.

That got to bugging me so I did some more digging and looks like there might already be a precedent for this kind of thing.
Apparently there's something known as brushing, a scam run by chinese companies to boost their e-commerce profile rating on AlieExpress, etc (you know the usual scumbags), and apparently it's been going on for quite sometime, despite it supposedly being illegal in china.
Sounds like what they do is get an address or even blocks of addresses and they ship lots of super cheap insignificant shit to that address(es).
They can do this because of pricing policies of the United Postal Union and subsidies from the U.S. Postal Service, so they can ship ass loads of these small packages of junk to the U.S damn near free which also happens to be way the fuck cheaper than mailing within china.

Here ya go.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadesh...s-and-cant-do-anything-about-it/#1f15b2d773da

https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/2...ng-e-commerce/

Yeah it looks like this is a case of brushing. Even when it's something 'innocent', it's some type of scam from China. Using our USPS to fund their review scams :shaking:

Plus the scam could have serious consequences in releasing invasive species.

Top Back Refresh