What's new

Screwing VS

WaterH

Member Number
Loc
North Florida
So I'm not very happy with Vertical Scope. My build thread on Pirate is probably not really helping them, but it's still a thorn in my side that it's there. All the pics are from Supermotors. If I would delete those pics, I suppose the thread would be useless. (Nobody wants to only read a build thread) But I have those same pics linked here. Is there some way I can stop a VS site from getting those pics? Any other ideas?

austin had it setup so that the board grabbed linked photos and hosted them here I thought.

so if you delete them from supermotors they may still appear here.
You won't be able to only deny the hotlinking from VS, as you can't control that.

So I'm not very happy with Vertical Scope. My build thread on Pirate is probably not really helping them, but it's still a thorn in my side that it's there. All the pics are from Supermotors. If I would delete those pics, I suppose the thread would be useless. (Nobody wants to only read a build thread) But I have those same pics linked here. Is there some way I can stop a VS site from getting those pics? Any other ideas?

you mean they are hosted someplace else and you have just posted links to them on PBB and IBB?

if so just change the name of the pic on the server, it will break the links on PBB and you can update the build here with the new file name

you mean they are hosted someplace else and you have just posted links to them on PBB and IBB?

if so just change the name of the pic on the server, it will break the links on PBB and you can update the build here with the new file name
probably the best solution then.

That is in the plans but not done yet

well you're still miles ahead of canada.
I like that th page loads when I click on things.

just put an irate4x4 and a :flipoff2: watermark on them :grinpimp:

this is excellent. but pair it with austin's file name changes and you can make the first image on the page just explain that the current build thread/finish is on irate4x4.

if you have them hosted, you could simply change the name of the folder they are in, and then update the name of the folder here on IBB. Austin might even be able to run a script to batch re-name your photo links. Maybe send him some beer and ask :smokin:

I like the idea of running a script and watermarking the photos though :lmao:

I'm pretty certain Pirate is now saving and hosting the embedded content. I normally host everything on Imgur and I checked an old post of mine and it showed everything as being attachments.

mine are still live hosted from my links. But nobody ever goes into the Willys section anyway, so it's probably last on their list to host :lmao:

With the limit of seven edits per 10 days good luck deleting much of anything. And even those edits I don’t seem to work most of the time

I'm pretty certain Pirate is now saving and hosting the embedded content. I normally host everything on Imgur and I checked an old post of mine and it showed everything as being attachments.

They've managed to suck the life out of everything they touch.

Not that it will help directly with this problem, but I edited my first post in my build thread over there and replied to it as well with the following, then used a link shortener to redirect to my build thread here.

redirect.png

mine are still live hosted from my links. But nobody ever goes into the Willys section anyway, so it's probably last on their list to host :lmao:

That was the best forum on there! It was the last bastion of "old PBB", building a pile of rust into a crawler for as cheap as possible. So many cool builds in there. I used to lurk around in there all the time.

I started pulling my pictures off of there, I am currently sitting at my 7 day limit for edits. Ill start again next week.

Let me know if you can edit again. I went and removed some personal info I had on there, but I think it was only maybe 5 posts at most, then it said I couldn't edit anymore and that was at least a week ago. :confused:

I never named the pics at all. Not sure how I would rename them. If I were to go into the URL # and change one letter and then change the same letter in the post here, would that do it?

Let me know if you can edit again. I went and removed some personal info I had on there, but I think it was only maybe 5 posts at most, then it said I couldn't edit anymore and that was at least a week ago. :confused:

I don't even see a edit button. Maybe you must edit in seven days from the original post. That's why I think I need to alter the photo host.

Seperate question, will it be better leave it and make a final post with a link to Irate? I guess that could send people here. Of course, VS could delete or change that post.

Maybe i could remove the pics and then tell people if they want to want to see them, go here. Just leave enough to wet their appetite.

They (VS and Mods) have been changing everything Irate to Pirate, links, phrases, phonetics and probably shortened links soon. Watermark your photos with Irate4x4

I don't even see a edit button. Maybe you must edit in seven days from the original post. That's why I think I need to alter the photo host.

Seperate question, will it be better leave it and make a final post with a link to Irate? I guess that could send people here. Of course, VS could delete or change that post.

Maybe i could remove the pics and then tell people if they want to want to see them, go here. Just leave enough to wet their appetite.

click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of the post.

edit.png

I was on Yellow Bullet a few times and as much as pirate prided itself on its attitude and edge the Yellow Bullet guys made pirate look like a church social. I haven't been on YB for years and forgot my login info, I heard that they were also taken over by VS. Does anyone know if they morphed into another board or what they did to stick it to VS?

I was on Yellow Bullet a few times and as much as pirate prided itself on its attitude and edge the Yellow Bullet guys made pirate look like a church social. I haven't been on YB for years and forgot my login info, I heard that they were also taken over by VS. Does anyone know if they morphed into another board or what they did to stick it to VS?

still there making the best of it. I keep saying we should have a yellow bullet subforum here, but I doubt it would fly.

click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of the post.

So I went to the three dots and clicked edit. I deleted one post and replaced it with "I rate". I went to the next post and clicked edit and it opened a box that said "you may only edit 10 posts in seven days". If you click anything else, the box goes away, but you can't edit. WTF?

I was afraid that they would delete the link or have it loop around to something different. My message at the end of my build was to just google search my build name for its new location

Top Back Refresh