What's new

School me on weed eaters

Not killing everything.

The previous owner did that.

The entire pond bank was dead (not good to prevent erosion), huge areas around trees, the fence, gate...all dead.

Looked like shit.

I've gotten it to the point that grass is growing up to most of the trees (except the two in the above picture) and the place looks MUCH better.

What's wrong with the Dewalt 20v? Mine I can trim for a good 20-30 minutes on a charge and it's got some decent amount of balls.

Stihl Kombi KM130R. Four stroke with tons of power. I have the trimmer, edger, blower, pole saw, hedge trimmer.

I have a Maruyama its about like a Shindaiwa they are pretty high end Japanese made. Better than Stihl :stirthepot:

https://maruyama-us.com

Weeaboo.

The thing about weed eaters is that they don't get high. Eating weed doesn't get you high, you have to get the THC out of the trichomes and suspended in a fatty substance like butter. You can freeze the weed then knock a bunch of the trichomes off. The weed will still get you high if you smoke it, but now you can use the butter in treats like brownies and stuff and it will give you a huge body buzz. Be careful it can be super potent that way.

I've got a Stihl FS56RC, suits my needs and actually starts when I need it unlike the old John Deere I was using.

Go to a Stihl dealer and browse. They make good shit.

Using a Huskavarna with the diamond shaped line. Will cut most anything on my propety. It's still sucky work, dust, pollen, bits of dried weeds, watching for rattlesnakes, hot as hades, etc.

What's wrong with the Dewalt 20v? Mine I can trim for a good 20-30 minutes on a charge and it's got some decent amount of balls.

88108979_10207439854311821_2067443109918146560_o.jpg

90915577_10207577702317935_8370937778694782976_o.jpg

20V DeWalt isn't enough to get all of that.

The pond is 3/4 acre or more with decent banks. There's a lot to get.

I guess if I had to I could get more 5Ah batts. I run out with three batts as it is.

I guess it depends on where you expect your performance. I have done twisted line, and although it cuts like a hot knife, it seemed to use a lit of line. The titanium force doesn't cut as well, but wears like iron and doesn't seem to mind working against curbs or rr ties like the twisted stuff does.

I'm gonna try a bit of the MaxPower twisted and see how it goes. I thought I was using alot of the Husky line but maybe not. Also been through a few of the precut length heads, swinging metal blades, swinging plastic blades and end up back with the bump head.

My trimmer is a John Deere with a Kawi 2 stroke, no longer made I think I got the last one. Works well enough but thinking about picking up a cordless Makita. Bought a couple for work and they seem pretty legit.

20V DeWalt isn't enough to get all of that.

The pond is 3/4 acre or more with decent banks. There's a lot to get.

I guess if I had to I could get more 5Ah batts. I run out with three batts as it is.

Yeah, more batts give you runtime, or moving up to the 6-9ah flexvolt packs or even the 60v trimmer...no worse than screwing with gas and at least it's quiet. For mowers gas is still king but for most of the other yard tools I am loving battery powered (blower, trimmer, etc.).

I love my Stihl FS131. The bike handles w/harness makes it easy to use it for hours. Been happy with Husqvarna titanium force line for general cutting, 3-blade brush cutter on stuff like blackberries

I'm gonna try a bit of the MaxPower twisted and see how it goes. I thought I was using alot of the Husky line but maybe not. Also been through a few of the precut length heads, swinging metal blades, swinging plastic blades and end up back with the bump head.

My trimmer is a John Deere with a Kawi 2 stroke, no longer made I think I got the last one. Works well enough but thinking about picking up a cordless Makita. Bought a couple for work and they seem pretty legit.

I bought this head this year. Found it after digging through mowing forums, so far its bad ass. Super fast to string up. Pull 4 arm lengths of string, put one end through the head and make the pieces even. Push the button and twist and it disappears in the head.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001SCIE3Y/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_E4s.EbTC6PY6C?tag=91812054244-20

After using my battery trimmer a few times (EGO from Home Depot), I'd be buying more batteries for that yard. Fuck gas trimmers. This thing is every bit as capable as my old gas trimmer, it doesn't suck balls in every possible way like the gas trimmer did, and it's actually lighter. Two stroke engines suck gigantic donkey balls, and four strokes aren't that much better. I actually trim my yard every couple weeks now because it's so easy and painless. I used to force myself to trim it once a year. I'll be buying a matching mower pretty soon here. I tried to mow one of my ground rods and I think it bent the crank shaft on my gas mower. Now I have an excuse to fuck up the planet by putting it in a land fill :D

How old is the trimmer you have? Maybe it's worth looking at a newer/better one?

When we bought our place that backs to open space, and I had to start trimming a 1/4 acre of rocky hillside I bought a 4 stroke Honda. Nice and powerful, 4 stroke, starts every time on the first or 2nd pull. https://powerequipment.honda.com/tri...els/hht35sukat It also happens to be the trimmer that CalTrans is using for work along their right of ways

These are incredibly good!! Probably the last one you'll ever buy.

Top Back Refresh