What's new

School Me On Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

I HATE PONIES

Member Number
Looking to go on vacation in that area.

Would like a secluded cabin in the mountains.

Everything thing I see online is touristy shit and crowded.

Does what I'm looking for exist in that area?

its a tourist area so you gonna get tourist shit.
stay out of pigeon forge to get away from tourists, I always stay in Townsend and do the park and never go to the crowded areas.

touristy shit and crowded.

Seems you are already schooled. It's tourist season here. If you find a cabin and don't want touristy stay out of Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Cherokee. Ride the Blue Ridge Pkwy and go to Grandfather Mountain/Clingmans Dome and the like. There's plenty of hiking and sightseeing without the tourist traps.

Just got back from there.... VERY Crowded but we had a great time. If you want to do an activity plan to do it first thing in the morning or you will have a mile long line in front of you. Give yourself plenty of travel time as everything is on twisty 2 lane hiways. Do not do the Cades Cove loop, Boring and a traffic jam. Do do the White water rafting on the Upper Pigeon River. Ripleys Aquarium is amazing but again be there at opening time. Just accept its a tourist trap and plan accordingly. If you're wanting isolation, its probably not the best destination. We took the camper to Rivers Landing In Pigeon Forge.. They were packed in like sardines. But the kid had a pool to swim in and could tube on the Little Pigeon River while we watched from the campsite.

What I love about this area is you can take any kind of vacation you want.

You can get a cabin outside of town, hike all day, sit on a river and fish, ect and never (barely) see another person or you can go to the center of town and be able to do any kind attraction you could think of.

You also could rent a cool car and spend the day driving through the mountains on some beautiful roads, I know a guy if interested in that. :)

Feel free to message me if you want some pointers or information.

Def do not go to Cades Cove, never understand why the hell so many people always recommend that.

And look into the city called Cosby, that is where I live.

It is out in the country, no one around, has an entrance to the Park in it.

it is just 20-30 mins from everything in case you want to do something touristy while here.

Just stay with Crispins. I bet he wont even try to kill you and have sex with your corpses :flipoff2:

I was Gatlinburg once in mid July on kind of a long road trip. I stopped at a bar to get a drink and ended up getting in a brutal fist fight. I even had to draw my gun! But it ended up being a decent family bonding experiecce in the end.

We go to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg at least once a year and always include a visit to Dollywood. If you are looking for a less crowded alternative check out Murphy NC. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-...Vacations.html

is murphy still dry?

man, I got pulled over for a tail light once there and guy would simply not believe that there wasn't any alcohol in the truck.
because apparently everyone in a jeep is a fucking alcoholic.

What's this shit about a dry county. Does that mean you cant have alcohol or you just cant buy it?

I was Gatlinburg once in mid July on kind of a long road trip. I stopped at a bar to get a drink and ended up getting in a brutal fist fight. I even had to draw my gun! But it ended up being a decent family bonding experiecce in the end.

:lmao:

Do a search on VRBO/Airbnb - I've been looking around that area there are a ton of neat secluded cabins. Most vacation rentals have discounts right now, just trying to get people to fill spots.

We did a family reunion there 5 years ago for a week. House up in the mountains with 25-30 people. The only memorable things were whitewater rafting and floating a creek river thing in kayaks/tubes for a day, that was a blast. Other than that it was the usual tourist trap crap.

edit: There was a zipline place that was pretty cool too

is murphy still dry?

man, I got pulled over for a tail light once there and guy would simply not believe that there wasn't any alcohol in the truck.
because apparently everyone in a jeep is a fucking alcoholic.

I don't know if it is dry. I think it was 2006 when I was there. I was in an Xterra so I didn't get pulled over.

Top Back Refresh