What's new

School me on car alarms/security

makemeknowit

Kwisatz Haderach
Member Number
Loc
Memphis, TN
I haven't had an aftermarket alarm this century. I'd like to put one on my '85 Mustang GT. How much has changed in 20+ years in the car alarm world?

If you value your own life as I this vehicle, then don't fuck with it!

I wondered who would be first with that remark? You seen the prices on foxbodies these days?

Screenshot_20210328-201629.png

Didn't realize they're worth as much as a Home Depot zero turn.

In all seriousness, there's some point in which you just have to face the reality that it may be gone. There are real professionals pulling this shit off, and if any of them actually want your 80s car, they're going to get it.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/mi...-from-police-in-warren-detroit-and-southfield

VAN BUREN TWP, Mich. - Michigan State Police located several stolen vehicles onboard a car hauler being towed by a semi-truck.

The stolen vehicle recovery netted several thousands of dollars in retrieved cash and at least three stolen Dodge cars.

Police first became aware of the theft after receiving a call from a citizen around 10 p.m. Oct. 21. The stolen vehicle had a GPS tracker installed on the car, which allowed the owner to direct the dispatcher to the location of the vehicle.

Police initially believed the vehicle was traveling under its own power on a freeway in Van Buren Township.

Instead, police saw a semi-tractor with a car hauling trailer. On the trailer was the stolen vehicle's registration plate. Once observed, police performed a traffic stop on the trailer.

The driver, a resident from Long Beach, CA, said he had recently purchased the semi-tractor trailer and was currently en-route to Belleville to pick up another vehicle.

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
​On board the car-hauler that Michigan State Police located were three Dodge Chargers or Challengers that had been stolen from police departments.

An inventory of the vehicles onboard resulted in the recovery of $10,000 in cash, a 2020 Dodge Charger that was reported stolen by the Warren Police Department, a 2017 Dodge Challenger that was reported stolen by the Detroit Police Department, and a 2018 Dodge Charger that was reported stolen by the Southfield Police Department.

I'm willing to make a small wager that auto-jacking is on the rise...

I still stand by my Viper comment..

Shit hole New York City reported a 53% increase in car thefts last year.

Hidden toggle switch for ignition power or fuel pump will keep the average tweaker from snagging it. GPS tracker will give you a better shot at finding it if an above average tweaker wants it. Nobody but you will give a fuck if your car alarm goes off.

Short piece of pipe over the end and a quick yank will snap them right off.

Thief needs to carry a piece of pipe or bolt cutters, that rules out most of the punk ass car thieves. The one that really wants it will get it or completely fuck it up trying.

Thief needs to carry a piece of pipe or bolt cutters, that rules out most of the punk ass car thieves. The one that really wants it will get it or completely fuck it up trying.

Most thieves carry the tools they will need with them including a piece of pipe for said clubs. I figured that shit out 20 years ago. I’m pretty sure only stupid old fucks still use those things.

Most thieves carry the tools they will need with them including a piece of pipe for said clubs. I figured that shit out 20 years ago. I’m pretty sure only stupid old fucks still use those things.

just a dumb old fart, never pay attention to a dunmb old fart:flipoff2:

fetch?id=298864.jpg

Would hope for something that texts or calls your cell phone when someone gets into your car and how about this tells you where the car is when and if its stolen.

Sends you video from your hidden camera of where it is as well as a backup.

Was just discussing I miss car alarms. Flowmaster 40 dumped would make every car on the lot go apeshit. Lot of fun as a kid.

A car alarm wont do shit, cut and splice the biggest wire, jam screwdriver in the 40 y/o shitbox ignition and away I go.

I'd rather pay the $15 a month for GPS.

My Sons 90's Nissan 240sx,
GPS tracker with a subscription, dummy blinking LED, and a very well disguised kill switch in plain sight. Made from a factory 90's switch that belongs in the car. We went to great lengths to conceal all of the wiring into the factory loom when we did an interior color change.

The car may get towed away, but the tracker shows movement, and the switch is wired into the loom with color coded Nissan wiring.

Top Back Refresh