What's new

Sand Hollow July 21-23

I'm guessing you will have the place to yourself :flipoff2:
Screenshot_20200712-211716.png

I'm your huckleberry... hit me up when you get in town.

Thats alot of nope nope nope. I dont think they even let you night wheel there too. That wouldnt be too bad, boat all day and then night wheel.

Yeah you can night wheel... But that sand is fucking hot and the dunes are hard to read. (tip-overs) On a scale of 1-10; what are you looking to do? I have been hitting the local trails on the 3-4 side of things; aired down, disconnected with the AC going full blast. On the other side of things; hit the lake and chill out. Stay out of the swamp grass so you don't get the crabs. :smokin:

Last edited:
Place is totally booked on the weekends for the next month. 105 dry heat not that bad.

Not that bad?

Not exactly fun to hit the trail when it's that hot, especially if someone breaks or gets in a fucked spot. Can't even touch anything because you'll get burnt:laughing:
​​​​​​

Not that bad?

Not exactly fun to hit the trail when it's that hot, especially if someone breaks or gets in a fucked spot. Can't even touch anything because you'll get burnt:laughing:
​​​​​​

You should try that stuff in East Texas. It can be 100+ degrees with 75-80% humidity here in the summer. Its kinda gross. I'll take a dry heat any day.

I judge how my day here is going to go based on how many minutes it takes for my underwear and socks to be soaked through after I go outside. :laughing:

When I work in West Texas where there is hardly any humidity 100° isn't bad at all.

You should try that stuff in East Texas. It can be 100+ degrees with 75-80% humidity here in the summer. Its kinda gross. I'll take a dry heat any day.

I judge how my day here is going to go based on how many minutes it takes for my underwear and socks to be soaked through after I go outside. :laughing:

When I work in West Texas where there is hardly any humidity 100° isn't bad at all.

I've worked in 110*+ before (I say plus because it was 108* and I was working about 6" from a metal roof and it was so hot I couldn't remember what I was supposed to be doing when I got up there. Went outside and it felt nice :laughing:​​​​​, I'm guessing ~125* maybe more) I also used to work around walnut dryers, they like to dry at 110*, but keep the buildings shut to save money on gas (even little guys are spending 6 figures a month on gas) so basically 110* and 100% humidity, yes it will rain in those buildings sometimes.

I've been around heat, and humidity. Doesn't mean I'm going to go drive hours and hours to drive around in that heat.

Words of wisdom. The only way to Sand Hollow is through Dixie Springs or Southern Parkway. Major construction cluster fuck on the southern parkway has closed off access from Hurricane W700.

Not that bad?

​​​​​​

Well :flipoff2:. Broke front tcase yoke/cv taking out shift linkage! Was able to get all parts and driveshaft fixed yesterday. Bout to head out for day two!

Edit: 4 hours into day 2 and water pump on LS is toast and other rigs front driveshaft it out. Fun in the sun!

photo14965.jpg

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh