wheeler
race
Member Number
Loc
Farmington NM
Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	502.0 KB ID:	258013
Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	374.1 KB ID:	258014
Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	452.1 KB ID:	258015

Gerald Lee over at Savvy off-road took a junked Samurai and a junked turbo RZR and had them put together. Little body stretch to make the fenders match the wheel base. Pretty cool 😎

So the big question, can it be “plated” as a Samurai.

If it were mine, I wouldn’t even ask. I’d just plate it and run but I don’t live in California so not sure how that’d work. In Colorado I’d register the samurai before commencing work then just roll with it.

So the big question, can it be “plated” as a Samurai.

“Can” is in the eye of the beholder and knowing a smog guy. All chp are now CARB agents, sooooo...

Since it has dealer plates, yes.

Gerald is a dealer but not in the traditional sense, he doesn’t have a car lot. He has his dealer license so he can buy salvage vehicles at auctions. Makes race vehicles out wrecked vehicles.

Last edited:
Did Gerald weigh it afterwards? I’m curious how much weight was gained over a stock rzr and the difference between a stock Sami?

Did Gerald weigh it afterwards? I’m curious how much weight was gained over a stock rzr and the difference between a stock Sami?

I asked him this morning if he’s weighed it and he said not yet.

That would be much easier than what I am doing.........

photo42946.jpg
Gerald weighed it today since I asked. As pictured here he says 1920#. That’s still lighter than my race RZR. He says it gained 420 pounds over stock.

That is sweet:smokin: ...I'm surprised there's that much difference in weight, he lost some weight cutting off the stock cage and anything else gutted at the time. So technically the zuk body and added tube weighed more than 420lbs to begin with as well. I'm sure there's some more added bracketry and magic that can't be seen in the pics as well. Nice weight and pretty cool either way.

Soooooo the old board was how much of a buggy could we make a samurai before it's no longer a samurai (a hood)

And...the new board is how much can we turn our samurai into a SxS hahaha
​​​​​​

That is sweet:smokin: ...I'm surprised there's that much difference in weight, he lost some weight cutting off the stock cage and anything else gutted at the time. So technically the zuk body and added tube weighed more than 420lbs to begin with as well. I'm sure there's some more added bracketry and magic that can't be seen in the pics as well. Nice weight and pretty cool either way.

Soooooo the old board was how much of a buggy could we make a samurai before it's no longer a samurai (a hood)

And...the new board is how much can we turn our samurai into a SxS hahaha
​​​​​​

I’ve been trying to make SXS’s out of Suzuki’s since way before the end of the old place. In California where the owner of this lives, it’s state law that anyone in SXS has to wear a helmet. You don’t have to wear a helmet in a motor vehicle. By combining the two he gets the SXS ride without the helmet requirement. Same reason I do it.

Gerald and I also have a big bad rock crawler already, so these are ancillary toys not primary ones.

Top Back Refresh