What's new

Samurai carb upgrades

Landslide you're right on all counts. $1000+ to get a Holley Sniper 1100 ain't happening any time soon for me though. Guess i'm not sure about what else would really work or is even available for aftermarket FI.

Landslide you're right on all counts. $1000+ to get a Holley Sniper 1100 ain't happening any time soon for me though. Guess i'm not sure about what else would really work or is even available for aftermarket FI.

I looked into the small ones and did not find much positive reviews.

Better bet would be a GM tbi retrofit if you can't find factory stuff.

Mine works pretty decent, but is still doing the thing where it doesn't want to Rev out.

I tore into my 3K a little after I took it off and swapped to a weber.....I'm not putting the 3K back on anytime soon but thought some others might use this info?

I was looking into jet replacements before I switched, found some threads on Auszookers where they mentioned that Mikuni jets could be used.

IMG_0088[1].JPG

Guessing sort of at which is primary and secondary, this was the jet nearest the secondary above, it is the vertical jet inside the bottom of the bowl. The likely primary is the horizontal one that is accessed via the bowl plug:

IMG_0087.JPG

The secondary had a massive opening in it, larger than the 140 Weber jet I had for comparison. The primary jet was tiny by comparison

Shitty photo with shitty phone:
IMG_0090.JPG

No stamps on either to indicate potential size though.

these random Mikuni jets from amazon look close: Amazon.com

The other interesting feature is the weighted vacuum flapper BS on the secondary barrel...I shoulda tried tying this open and test driving it to see if it made a difference? Seems pointless since the secondary is mechanical? I know a weber doesn't have one/need one.

IMG_0091.JPG

Last edited:
I tore into my 3K a little after I took it off and swapped to a weber.....I'm not putting the 3K back on anytime soon but thought some others might use this info?

I was looking into jet replacements before I switched, found some threads on Auszookers where they mentioned that Mikuni jets could be used.

IMG_0088[1].JPG

Guessing sort of at which is primary and secondary, this was the jet nearest the secondary above, it is the vertical jet inside the bottom of the bowl. The likely primary is the horizontal one that is accessed via the bowl plug:

IMG_0087.JPG

The secondary had a massive opening in it, larger than the 140 Weber jet I had for comparison. The primary jet was tiny by comparison

Shitty photo with shitty phone:
IMG_0090.JPG

No stamps on either to indicate potential size though.

these random Mikuni jets from amazon look close: Amazon.com

The other interesting feature is the weighted vacuum flapper BS on the secondary barrel...I shoulda tried tying this open and test driving it to see if it made a difference? Seems pointless since the secondary is mechanical? I know a weber doesn't have one/need one.

IMG_0091.JPG
Thank you, I haven’t had any of the performance hang ups that you or YotaAtieToo are dealing with, but mine definitely runs a bit fat at idle and on the primary circuit. I was hoping that I may be able to play with jetting

Yeah post up if you find jets that fit right. I wonder if a regular 3K rebuild kit from a parts store works on these too.

Well my junkyard 3k turned out to be non-rebuildable and it got tossed.

But look what Petroworks has for sale on IG, Fawkin sidedrafts! They don’t know who made the manifold though. I think Weber used to make a similar one.

Over the years I've tried every carb available for the Sammi none of them worked off road. After spending lots of money and time tuning carbs only to be disappointed I finally just gave up on them. I ended up going to propane with a supercharger, it runs smoothly at all angles with plenty of power. Propane was stupid easy to install, only needed one electrical wire hooked up. It took more time to remove the gas related components than to install the propane kit.
thumbnail (1).jpeg

Last edited:
Good luck on the smog... that is my only hang up on convincing myself that I need a sammy.
Im sure I have one laying around with all the stock smog stuff.
Come fix my new tractor this weekend and we can take the Bill off the cost of a sami.

Top Back Refresh